PM
Posted: 2014-10-03 05:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-10-03 02:10:37, difenbaker wrote:
anyway, back to topic...

Why Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4 Will Win the Phablet War
http://www.fool.com/investing[....]4-will-win-the-phablet-wa.aspx

cheers!

We will see. I think they will win in the end because most iPhone owners will opt for the 4.7 inch version.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-03 05:34

On 2014-10-03 02:06:25, difenbaker wrote:
I dont actually give much credit into that consumer report test... its correct that they tested the phone for bending, and got the results that they got, but the LOCATION on where the load was applied is questionable.
The load was put exactly in the middle of the phone, which rarely happens in real life. If you look at the pictures posted all over...the weak point of the phone is that part near the volume button, a little higher up, and not in the middle.

So this happened to be where the HTC One M8 was the weakest? No one seems to care about HTC making phones that bend easily? The One M8 isn't the first one. The Evo 4G LTE had the same bending problem. There could of course be the fact that Android phone makers have a financial interest in seeing iPhones discredited! I'm not saying that iPhone 6/6+ does not have a bending problem. I'm just wondering why only they receive focus for having it.

Back to topic: anyone having second thoughts about buying the Note 4 after seeing the screen gap build quality problem?
I owned the first Note and the Note II and were very happy with these. Especially the first Note which maintained UMS mode even after receiving the JB update. With the Note 3 and onwards, it seems Samsung is throwing in gimmick features trying to keep people interested in the Note line.
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-03 07:35
On 2014-10-03 05:06:56, skblakee wrote:

We will see. I think they will win in the end because most iPhone owners will opt for the 4.7 inch version.

yup, too early to tell just yet, that was an ambitious article to say the least.

On 2014-10-03 05:34:26, AbuBasim wrote:

So this happened to be where the HTC One M8 was the weakest? No one seems to care about HTC making phones that bend easily? The One M8 isn't the first one. The Evo 4G LTE had the same bending problem. There could of course be the fact that Android phone makers have a financial interest in seeing iPhones discredited! I'm not saying that iPhone 6/6+ does not have a bending problem. I'm just wondering why only they receive focus for having it.

The answer to that are many and varied.
But let me think of some...
- HTC does not have or is even near the market share that Apple (or Samsung) has, so there's less attention given to them.
- Apple has a history of denying defects of their products. Antennagate, Scuffgate, Mapsgate, Sirigate,... all became media circuses solely because Apple refuses to admit that they made a mistake. Not admitting it is one thing, but they actually made it worse when they tried to put the blame on the end-user... the phrase "you're holding it wrong!" ring any bells? No wonder bendgate is turning into one as well.
- Next are the apple fans... most are so smug, thinking that Apple is magic, that it can do no wrong. Which maybe is the sole reason they can justify the iphone's higher-than-usual prices. It doesn't matter if they're paying for a phone with less features than the competition... all that matters is that they have an "apple device" with them. Remember the phrase "It just works" or the phrase " Apple might be late in something but when they do it, they do it well." So when something like this gets outed... all hell breaks loose, hehehe
I am reminded of this article;
http://www.techradar.com/news[....]le-s-magic-has-run-out-1267040
- the bendgate fiasco has gotten so big that Samsung is now doing 'bending tests' on their Note 4 (see the link I posted in the last page). If apple had jjust admitted that they used weak aluminum... or that they made it so thin that it bends... then all this probably wouldn't happen.

anyway, back to topic..

Back to topic: anyone having second thoughts about buying the Note 4 after seeing the screen gap build quality problem?
I owned the first Note and the Note II and were very happy with these. Especially the first Note which maintained UMS mode even after receiving the JB update. With the Note 3 and onwards, it seems Samsung is throwing in gimmick features trying to keep people interested in the Note line.

Actually I did which is why I cancelled my online order and decided to just buy it personally. Coincidentally, most Note 3 owners that I've talked to... really isn't that excited actually, to get the Note 4. It seems that there's not enough "added" that makes it worth it for them. Those coming from the note 1 & 2 however are very eager. Im using a Note 3 myself, and am still very happy with it, but the faster processor, camera, screen of the 4 seems hard to beat.

cheers!
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-03 08:12

On 2014-10-03 07:35:04, difenbaker wrote:
I am reminded of this article;
http://www.techradar.com/news[....]le-s-magic-has-run-out-1267040

I do agree with that and it applies not only to iOS. I bought the late 2013 MacBook Pro a few months ago and find MacOS becoming more and more riddled with bugs. Frequent random reboots. Features not working properly.

The experience is the opposite of what I had with my late 2009 iMac - there everything did actually just work with MacOS 10.6. As soon as 10.7 came out, things slowly started turning sour with WiFi glitches and features like iSync removed.

It seems The Onion were not far from the truth: http://www.theonion.com/artic[....]ok-im-thinking-printers,21207/

And this is my last off-topic post in this thread. Apologies to everyone.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-03 08:23
difenbaker

I am not sure what sirigate is but Apple most definitely acknowledged map gate (they actually made sugestions of what other map apps to use instead)

......sorry about the off topic
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-03 07:24 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-03 08:50

On 2014-10-03 08:23:30, aussieland1 wrote:
difenbaker

I am not sure what sirigate is but Apple most definitely acknowledged map gate (they actually made sugestions of what other map apps to use instead)

......sorry about the off topic
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-03 07:24 ]

If I remember correctly... Siri had a lot of trouble understanding English that wasn't American. Those who spoke English with an accent (like in Asia or Europe or Middle East) were not getting recognized. Anyway... most just stopped using it. Even now, it's not being used much.... as what my iPhone using friends tell me.

cheers!

ps. apologies for the off topic posts.
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-03 07:57 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 09:20
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S Pen feature review
http://www.phonesreview.co.uk[....]y-note-4-s-pen-feature-review/

cheers!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 13:26
GSM Arena have put up their hands on, looks great. I cant wait to get mine. See it HERE.

Im glad I went for black, ive not had the typical black smartphone now for over 4 years, so im glad the Note 4 is a good looker in black.

On 2014-10-02 13:17:39, AbuBasim wrote:

On 2014-10-01 11:11:36, etaab wrote:
You cant compare unfavourable case design (for some people, not me though) as in Samsungs case, to Apple's complete lack of proper design, manufacture and testing of their product. The phones are bending in half, total life long damage FFS !

It could of course be that Apple intentionally made the newer models easy to bend - to weed out the idiots who don't know how to take care of their expensive gear! Like the fool who kept his 6+ charging propped up against the wall and claimed that the phone bent from the heat of the charging battery. XD

Its a bit harsh to call people idiots because their phones become damaged in every day use. I called Apple owners morons because they tend to buy into the products blindly or ignorantly. But if people buy the devices in good faith its Apple's fault these phones bend, importantly, in one specific place which is terminal to the handset.

Also, Samsung don't use cheap plastic, they just use plastic. If plastic is cheap, then almost every phone ive ever owned, some really classic devices must be considered cheap - they weren't, they were market leaders. Mentioning plastic as cheap is a really retarded thing to say and it usually comes from Sony fans as one of their only (weak) lines of defence. If plastic is cheap, then my laptop, my PS3, my kettle, every TV i've ever owned, even my car interior is plastic and must be considered cheap?

No. Don't be so intentionally stupid.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 13:54

On 2014-10-04 09:20:15, difenbaker wrote:
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S Pen feature review
http://www.phonesreview.co.uk[....]y-note-4-s-pen-feature-review/

cheers!

I hope many of those features come to the Note 3 officially. If they don't I will consider a ROM with the ported features.
iPad Air 16GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 20:09
Played with Note 4 again today at Samsung store and this time on the White,gold, pink one I can see the gap. It is not a big deal but now that was mentioned I can definitely notice it- however on the black one I still couldn't notice it. Other than that as before the phone feels very nice and solid in hand, I really don't like the touch wiz icons however the phone felt very fast and smooth also I know it sounds shallow but I like the fact the fron face camera has a wider lense - for selfies with family , friends it will make a difference. Also I like that Samsung made a bit if an effort with the design - it looks both good and more original. Thank god it doesn't have the dreadful huge bezels that samsung s5 has
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-04 19:11 ]
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 20:53
Just like the iPhone 6 plus with its bending I think that concerns about the gap are being driven mainly by media coverage
iPad Air 16GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 11:15
That's the problem with being a market leader, such as Samsung are. People are more critical and you have more enemies who want to pick holes in your products.

The difference is, with Samsung it would appear its not a problem at all. Its just a characteristic of the design, which many of my old phones have had - especially Nokia phones like my N8 and N95 8gb.

Apple meanwhile are just terrible at strong and solid hardware design that stands up to any kind of abuse. Ive never ever seen a single other mobile brand with more quality control issues than iPhones. It started in 2007 with the first iPhone, up until that point id never seen a cracked screen on a phone so regularly. Phones pre 2007 were very strong and only rarely did I see someone with a phone with a cracked screen. Apple deserve negative press, every drop of it. Samsung meanwhile and pretty much every other Android OEM do not.
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 11:44

On 2014-10-04 13:26:00, etaab wrote:

Also, Samsung don't use cheap plastic, they just use plastic. If plastic is cheap, then almost every phone ive ever owned, some really classic devices must be considered cheap - they weren't, they were market leaders. Mentioning plastic as cheap is a really retarded thing to say and it usually comes from Sony fans as one of their only (weak) lines of defence. If plastic is cheap, then my laptop, my PS3, my kettle, every TV i've ever owned, even my car interior is plastic and must be considered cheap?

No. Don't be so intentionally stupid.

By finishing a post with an insult you're showing how it hurts when your plastic phone is being described as cheap.
So since everyday items are made of plastic makes plastic special? Yes, plastic is definitely cheap. If it was not cheap, Samsung wouldn't use it. They would pick some other material, like paper mâché.
[ This Message was edited by: AbuBasim on 2014-10-05 10:45 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 11:52
Im showing it hurts me ? to who ? that's your opinion.

I couldn't care less if my phone is plastic or not. You have to keep in mind every single phone ive ever owned has been plastic, so I really do not know much difference. The only one phone ive owned which hasn't been plastic, is my N8 which I still have here in front of me. I actually didn't like the metal design once id dropped the phone (sadly the only one time I ever did), because once dented, the paint was gone and metal showed underneath.

By assuming Samsung chose plastic because its cheap, you're showing a negative opinion of Samsung, which sounds more like " fanboyism ".

So yeah, my insult still stands, stop being intentionally stupid.
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 12:02
Guys i'm planning to get the exynos version of note 4. Do you think there will be a chance that samsung will enable the 64bit functionality once android lollipop becomes available?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 111213 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic