Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 434445  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 4
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-01 01:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hopefully this is an overblown issue like Apple's bendgate and not something which would cause persons to not use it. The fact that the phone has taken so long is not very good for this gap issue either.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Hilmawan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-10-01 03:33
@skblakee
I think at first most of Note 4 users will not even notice the gap, they will only find out if there is dust collected in the gap.
For me "Minor rocking or vibration of parts" is a bigger problem than the gap.

A gap on the phone is not a new problem but usually it happens because of a manufacturing defect.
This is the first time I heard that gap, rocking or vibration of parts is a manufacturing feature.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-01 11:11

On 2014-09-30 21:05:15, badassmam wrote:
I see etaab has been commenting on the 6+ thread....you should be consistent on both Note 4 and 6+ threads buddy.

What do you mean by that ? if you mean why am I ok with Samsungs little niggle but highly critical of Apple's bendy phones then its because imo the issues are worlds apart.

You cant compare unfavourable case design (for some people, not me though) as in Samsungs case, to Apple's complete lack of proper design, manufacture and testing of their product. The phones are bending in half, total life long damage FFS !
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2014-10-01 13:27
Saw a Note 4 yesterday at Samsung store in my city. (not for sell yet)
There's no gap and build quality was superb.
It will cost a fortune here! (1183,26$ USD )
Are you nervous?
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-01 13:32
@Hilmawan, unless the people refuse to buy this phone or it is returned in droves I don't see this gap issue as being a big deal much. Even the bending of the iPhone I doubt is much of an issue. I think its the media and phone review sites that over blew the issue.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-01 22:45
Ordered mine today, Charcoal black, expected delivery 17th October.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-01 23:35
Unboxing video

http://youtu.be/bvBEgkiPeOg
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-02 13:17

On 2014-10-01 11:11:36, etaab wrote:
You cant compare unfavourable case design (for some people, not me though) as in Samsungs case, to Apple's complete lack of proper design, manufacture and testing of their product. The phones are bending in half, total life long damage FFS !

It could of course be that Apple intentionally made the newer models easy to bend - to weed out the idiots who don't know how to take care of their expensive gear! Like the fool who kept his 6+ charging propped up against the wall and claimed that the phone bent from the heat of the charging battery. XD

. . .

Personally I'm not planning to get either the bendy phones from Apple as the advantage with the iPhone has been the usability single-handed, which now is gone, nor will I get Samsung's Note 4 with the 'intentional' build quality issues. I don't understand what the point of the metal edge is when the rest of the phone still is cheap plastic.
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-02 14:37

On 2014-10-02 13:17:39, AbuBasim wrote:

On 2014-10-01 11:11:36, etaab wrote:

It could of course be that Apple intentionally made the newer models easy to bend - to weed out the idiots who don't know how to take care of their expensive gear! Like the fool who kept his 6+ charging propped up against the wall and claimed that the phone bent from the heat of the charging battery. XD

Afaik, that was an iphone 6 and not a 6+.
That was quite surprising, actually, because the 6 is said to be resistant to bending.

In my opinion, aluminum is still aluminum, a soft metal. Certainly not as hard as titanium or magnesium. And as such, it is susceptible to prolonged heat exposure, causing it to soften further. Which is why it SAGGED. (according tothe author).

Having said that, I have to concede to the fact that it still depends highly on the phone maker, not all aluminum phones get soft or react like that in prolonged heat. Motos and Nokias, for example, never bent when hot.

here's the photo he posted:
https://www.geekwire.com/wp-c[....]014/09/iphone6-kav-620x465.jpg

the whole story is here:
http://www.geekwire.com/2014/[....]new-iphone-6-bent-real-reason/

Samsung puts the Galaxy Note 4 through the butt test
http://www.androidauthority.com/note-4-samsung-bend-test-532676/

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-02 15:49 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-02 18:42

On 2014-10-02 14:37:08, difenbaker wrote:
Afaik, that was an iphone 6 and not a 6+.
That was quite surprising, actually, because the 6 is said to be resistant to bending.

Actually the order way around according to Consumer Report's test. They found the 6+ to tolerate more bending. Of the phones tested, the weakest was the HTC One M8, followed by the iPhone 6.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-02 20:28
It's ridiculous to suggest that Apple didn't test their phones properly, it's a case of a few low life losers who have deliberately bent the phone to make a headline same way a someone putting a piece of paper into the gap of a Note 4. I guess you can't put your iPhone in your pocket nor can you put your Note 4 on your work desk as a post-it may get stuck in the gap. At my local Sammy shop I managed to bend the Note 4 a long way but I stopped because I'm not a vandal.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-02 20:53
So you actually went out and bent a unit? Hmmm....

With all the bendgate drama I have actually become more cautious, although I have had my S4 for about 1.5years now and have sat on it many times (I'm 80kg/12.59stone/175lb though), dropped it hundreds of times etc... After bendgate I am a bit more careful and I certainly won't be trying to bend any phones I come across.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-02 22:36
@Tsepz_GP

I didn't go out just to bend it, my point is that every phone is flexible no matter what. The guy at the shop bent the Note 4 more than I did so much that the screen colour started to change. My Bro got an iPhone 6 from work and it's very solid but like everything else it can be bent if you really want to do so. Things that I consider to be important and genuine are: Z1 Compact LED flash bleed, Moto 360 mega lag, Moto 360 battery life, everything about Windows 8, 4K recording heating issue and so on. These things are reported by many people like the iPhone death grip that Apple acknowledged and changed the design because it was a legitimate issue. Bendgate is a troll issue.
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-03 02:06

On 2014-10-02 18:42:18, AbuBasim wrote:
Actually the order way around according to Consumer Report's test. They found the 6+ to tolerate more bending. Of the phones tested, the weakest was the HTC One M8, followed by the iPhone 6.

I dont actually give much credit into that consumer report test... its correct that they tested the phone for bending, and got the results that they got, but the LOCATION on where the load was applied is questionable.
The load was put exactly in the middle of the phone, which rarely happens in real life. If you look at the pictures posted all over...the weak point of the phone is that part near the volume button, a little higher up, and not in the middle.

As better explained here:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/a[....]-6-plus-bender-are-both-right/

If still you dont believe, just read around the net (other forums and blogs), you'll notice just how CR is being discredited and laughed at... for defending something so blatantly obvious.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-03 01:27 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-03 02:10
anyway, back to topic...

Why Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4 Will Win the Phablet War
http://www.fool.com/investing[....]4-will-win-the-phablet-wa.aspx

cheers!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic