Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 434445  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2014-09-29 21:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@etaab, i'm worried because i live where they throw all the bad units of all brands. (Brazil)
We don't have a reliable quality control. (and it's not Samsung or any manufacturers fault, is a brazilian fault)
Are you nervous?
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-29 21:25
Possibly, but the phones aren't made in Brazil. They all come from the same factory, or one of a few factories across the world. The first batch which the Koreans will have gotten will be that first bad batch. Samsung, aswel as almost every other company apart from Apple and HTC tend to quickly resolve such QA issues.

I guess in regards to that batch, its the glue which binds the screen together has come apart from the casing, as the screen glass on all phones is cut the exact same size, the metal / plastic case moulded to the same specification.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-09-29 22:52
Well this is early on so I expect and I would hope that they would fix these issues relatively quickly before world wide launch. If not this won't go down well and add to that the late launch.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 15:18
Funny... If it had happened to another brand (read Sony or Apple) a lot of users who are commenting here would criticize fanatically.
But it's Samsung... Never mind.

Are you nervous?
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 15:56

On 2014-09-29 20:47:47, etaab wrote:
As long as we don't have a full blown design issue, like Apple usually does (antennagate, scuffgate, bendgate), that effects every device regardless of location or manufacture date, it'll be fine.

Whether its a full blown issue or not... I talked to the store manager and cancelled my order.

I dont really think its a huge problem, but to play it safe, I've decided to just get it from the store.
It saves me from a lot of headache if I order it online and it arrives with that defect on it. If I buy it personally - I get to open the sealed box, inspect the unit thoroughly, and return it right then and there if need be.

cheers!
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 17:37
The gap is a feature not an issue
http://www.androidcentral.com[....]ufacturing-feature-says-manual
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 18:29
i'd prefer calling it an "attribute" or "characteristic"
a feature sounds like something users would expect something useful from
unless that gap is really meant to hold business cards or it is for passive cooling

This gap is a necessary manufacturing feature and some minor rocking or vibration of parts may occur.
Over time, friction between parts may cause this gap to expand slightly.

this sounds suspect, though. it sounds like an afterthought, not really something they wrote in anticipation.
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 19:11
Prebook my note 4 here in dubai. Im so excited to get the exynos variant eventhough 64bit functionality is disabled.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 20:24
@ Luca-S - i dont think it would be a big deal if it were any other company to be honest. I dont consider this a big deal. Also, as some websites are now claiming they have been told by Samsung its just part of the design. My SE Satio had a gap between the case and the screen, as did my N8, N95 8gb and to think of it a few other phones.

My N8 especially, to this day i still run a piece of paper / card / buisness card down the gap sometimes to get the grime out of it. I think we've all just become accustomed to proper sealed devices with little or no gaps. Remember the old dust inside your LCD ? as long as that doesnt happen (shouldnt as the amoled is seal to the glass) i'll be happy.

Also, id like to see a proper close up macro shot of this gap to see for myself whether its part of the design or not.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 20:38
The SE K850 also had a gap on purpose going around its face, it is something found on some phones depending on design and purpose of the gap.

I haven't seen a close up pic of the gap but my assumption is that Samsung put it there partly to allow some 'give' if the phone is dropped, so as to not damage the 2.5D glass? Eh, only Samsung know, just glad its not a build issue.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 20:52
I played with Note 4 at Samsung store today and couldn't notice the gap so I don't believe that it the design. Anyway the phone seems very fluid, the screen great and it looks great too- both in black and white. I personally think it looks better than iPhone 6+ with its huge bezels.

That being said I cancelled my preorder because I was a bit annoyed by delay. I can always buy it when it becomes available. But before I do that I want to see how Nexus 6 pans out- if it is a 5.9 inches screen monster with s805 I might want to get that one instead
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-09-30 19:52 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 20:55
Exactly. Sadly i dont know of any Samsung stores in my local vicinity where i could drop by and see the device.

Im sure we'll all find out soon enough.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 21:05
There are many products that have issues at first and not just phones, I get it with computers mainly. It happens and it gets resolved. A friend of mine has the 6+ and it's just fine, it's rather lovely too. I can bend any phone if you ask me to do so, no problems doing that. Is the gap even an issue on the Note 4? Samsung should put out a statement and move on.

I see etaab has been commenting on the 6+ thread....you should be consistent on both Note 4 and 6+ threads buddy.
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 23:00
As long as the gap does not take away from the design and function of the phone then things should be fine. if it widens significantly over time then look for sales to slow down and to hear of plenty of returns.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Hilmawan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-30 23:25
According to manual "Over time, friction between parts may cause this gap to expand slightly."

Note 4 Gap test
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a5gIgL6I7FM

Note 4 user manual
http://downloadcenter.samsung[....]_Kitkat_Eng_Rev.1.0_140926.pdf

P.S. The growing gap is not the only problem, Minor rocking or vibration of parts may also occur.
[ This Message was edited by: Hilmawan on 2014-09-30 23:18 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic