Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Previous  123 ... 789 ... 434445  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 4
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 21:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I pre ordered mine too. Black version. It was £629- sa es as I paid last year for Note 3. I hope to get the S805 version here in UK but who knows- maybe Samsung will push more for its Exynos
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 06:31
Tsepz_GP wrote: Yep yep, definitely paid them

Funny how people have gone quiet now, I bet if I go into a Sony thread now there will be only good things said about DisplayMate.

As I've said, that is how things are at Esato, if a review site say good things about Samsung then they are not reliable, they get called names and so on, the moment they say something negative they are then fully accepted, just look at how GSMArena is treated around here.

Anyway, I've had a long and awesome day couldn't careless for the BS, just want to read and watch Note 4 previews and reviews and talk about the Note 4

Apparently Samsung are speeding up the Note 4 release and will be extremely aggressive in marketing it I simply cannot wait to see what hey do, it can only be good for us consumers as the companies are under pressure to perform now that the iPhone 6/6 Plus has arrived.

Reminds me a lot of the MR forum arguments we had in the past... how apple fans are so quick to point out Geekbench benchmark numbers like there's no tomorrow. Not knowing, that its a 64-bit app testing a 64-bit processor... of course, it will always come out as faster. Especially when compared to 32-bit processor phones out there. Its actually funny really.

anyway.... about Samsung, aside from speeding up the Note 4, they're actually very happy that the new 6 and 6+ are selling well.
see here:
http://bgr.com/2014/09/23/iph[....]+%28BGR+|+Boy+Genius+Report%29

Apple iPhone 6 Plus has the best smartphone LCD display, but Samsung Galaxy Note 4 still reigns supreme
http://betanews.com/2014/09/2[....]etanews+Full+Content+Feed+-+BN

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-09-24 05:38 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 13:13
I didnt realize until recently that 64 bit actually makes the phone much faster without a need for a faster processor and more RAM until I read an article recently on it. The good thing is that 64 bit is coming with Android L although Sammy is unlikely to upgrade the Note 4 to 64. I am therefore looking forward to the Note 5 whilst I hold out with my Note 3.

Edit to post to include the following article which at the bottom displaymate says that the Note 4 has a better display than the iPhone 6 plus. au.Ibtimes.
[ This Message was edited by: skblakee on 2014-09-24 12:25 ]
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 14:06

On 2014-09-24 13:13:24, skblakee wrote:
I didnt realize until recently that 64 bit actually makes the phone much faster without a need for a faster processor and more RAM until I read an article recently on it. The good thing is that 64 bit is coming with Android L although Sammy is unlikely to upgrade the Note 4 to 64. I am therefore looking forward to the Note 5 whilst I hold out with my Note 3.

Edit to post to include the following article which at the bottom displaymate says that the Note 4 has a better display than the iPhone 6 plus. au.Ibtimes.
[ This Message was edited by: skblakee on 2014-09-24 12:25 ]

umm, isnt the processor in the Note 4 said to be already 64bit?
I think I saw that several pages back...

cheers!
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 16:54
The Note 4 Exynos is indeed 64bit capable as it uses ARM's A53/A57 big.LITTLE cores, BUT for now it runs as a 32bit CPU, I'm guessing that is due to Android4.4.4 being the launch OS instead of Android L.
Apparently the chip takes full advantage of the A53/A57 power and efficiency, it's just a matter of toggling it to 64bit when the time comes, AFAIK.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 20:12

On 2014-09-23 20:27:36, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Anyway, I've had a long and awesome day couldn't careless for the BS, just want to read and watch Note 4 previews and reviews and talk about the Note 4.

You know, I think about this all the time, how in early 2013 when a certain Sony smartphone was released to an already 8 month old Galaxy S3 people were bashing the S3 in favour of the (very) poor Sony smartphone. Since then, it has had a further three iterations of the same phone every six months, yet still I find Samsung products superior in almost every way. I think how much ive enjoyed my S3 for well over two years and how much those same people would have had to have upgraded four times now to even come close to the same enjoyment that ive had, if not fell short of it, then to crazily defend their lesser product only to realise its flaws every six months and proclaim the next one is better.

So yeah, I don't really care about the BS either. Ive had fun and good times being a Galaxy owner.

Anyway, they say the Note 4 is coming out early, but I don't see anywhere any information where it states it'll be out sooner in the UK.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 21:20
I don't think it is coming out earlier in UK - I think the launch was only pushed early in Korea. The Samsung store said they will get it in the 9th and I am assuming everyone else will get it soon after . I don't know why Samsung delayed it so much has I can bet they lost plenty of cutomers to Apple iPhone 6+)

I am looking forward to mine however I have second thoughts in regards to the colour - ibwondet if I should have ordered white
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-09-24 20:21 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 12:41
I don't think they'll lost many sales at all to the 6+

Remember, most people who intend to buy an iPhone are coming from a 3.5" or 4" screen. To them, the 6+ is what the original Note was to Android owners - a bit of a niche device and will not be as popular as the standard phone size.

Also, the ignorance and stupidity of iPhone owners means Samsung wont get a look in anyway. The amount of people I know or have met this past 5 years or so who think anything other than an iPhone is a really bad phone is dramatic. Mr Average bought their iPhone in 2007 / 2008 and dare not leave the product line for fear of having a bad phone, when they don't realise they've bought one of the worst !
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 14:14
^
That's a bit harsh on iPhone owners, I wouldn't say they are stupid. People like my wife who live within the Apple ecosystem are really happy because everything works in harmony. My Windows 8 tablet doesn't mix with my Android phone so it's a pain sometimes. Apple also has 'flava' that nobody else has and despite the iPhone and Sony phones being 'inferior' people have their preference. Note 4 is the Android king but you'll never me to switch my Sony for one. It's emotion over rationality, it makes us human.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 21:25
Maybe it is, but sadly they put themselves into that category.

My suspicions about iPhone owners came true this evening, as in my local shopping mall I visited several phone stores to get my hands on the new iPhones. They were all relatively populated with customers. Then I walked past the Apple store. It was absolutely packed to the brim with people playing with the new phones. There was also a large poster on a wooden easel which simply read something like to pick up your preordered iPhone 6, please wait here.

The queue was from the till point half way down the store, out of the front door and around the corner from the shop days AFTER the phone was released. People are still sad enough to queue for it.

I actually just stopped for a moment to marvel at their stupidity, shook my head in disgust and walked away laughing quietly to myself.

I'd never queue for what really is a tiny upgrade over a phone id probably already own.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2014-09-25 20:27 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 22:00
I also think it is pretty harsh on iPhone owners. And if anything there are many millions of iPhone users and so I am quite certain that people that ate queuing don't represent the majority of them. Anyway I have an iPhone too and even though it is not my favourite out of all my phones I don't regret for a second buying it

Back to note 4:

http://m.gsmarena.com/galaxy_[....]edge_benchmarked-news-9752.php

Seem that again Samsung has optimised Note versions to offer similar performance. I am really hoping to get the Snapdragon version though
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 22:26
Well then I am no longer bothered whether I get Exynos or Snapdragon (note: This could be me talking out of desperation to just get the phone)..

Hurry up Samsung!!!! I keep getting SMSs from Vodashop Northgate (15mins drive from me) to go do my upgrade, and when driving to work I keep hearing Galaxy Alpha adverts urrgh....wouldn't get it if you paid me!

They just won't stop

[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2014-09-25 21:35 ]
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-09-26 03:05
Haha. Tsepz_Gp they are purposefully doing you this. They want to torture you.
They know how long you have held on.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-09-26 05:52
SK

Indeed!

The joke will be on them when I go to a different Vodashop just down the road to pick up my Note 4 hehe
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-26 19:07

On 2014-09-25 22:00:31, aussieland1 wrote:
I also think it is pretty harsh on iPhone owners.

Maybe it is, maybe they aren't stupid but really ignorant. My sister, who ive mentioned on Esato before, is a fully qualified solicitor, registered with the Law Society in the UK. Yet, she thinks theres no other phones than iPhones. Total ignorance - shes certainly not stupid as indicated by her career. But, when I pulled out my S3 versus her iPhone 4 two years ago she couldn't get over how big and beautiful the screen was to her tiny iPhone screen.

She now uses an iPhone 5 and probably due an upgrade. No doubt, she'll go for a 6. Whether she'll see any noticeable upgrade remains to be seen other than how it feels in the hand.

Anyway ive said it before, but once again if there was no other competition, the iPhones would be perfect devices. Sadly, Android makes iOS look limited and difficult to work with.

@ Tsepz - I tried to preorder mine last night to find they were not taking preorders yet.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2014-09-26 18:18 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic