Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Blackberry > BlackBerry Z30 Thread And Discussion

12  Next
Author BlackBerry Z30 Thread And Discussion
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-16 09:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just got one yesterday, very nice Blackberry.

Pros:
*Feels very well built (compared to Z10)
*AMOLED screen high quality
*Long battery life
*Wifi direct, Miracast
*HDMI out
*USB OTG
*BB10 is a very nice fast and stable OS
*MicroSD slot

Cons:
*Camera is just 8 Mpx and not too good in night time.
*Battery cannot be replaced
*App selection (this can be fixed by installing any android APK directly in the machine or installing the Amazon Appstore and then installing apps that way).
"Haters are just confused Admirers" My Website
Foro.DO Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/esato/

BBM: 2B5E52DF
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 13:41
This model was always alot better than Z10
Phone?? What phone??
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-16 15:25
Yes, I am still getting use to the onscreen keyboard, coming from the Q10.

fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-16 15:34

Original

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 16:06
How big is the battery??
Phone?? What phone??
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-17 08:54
2880Mah

Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2014-04-19 16:43
I remember walking into the shop a while back and the sales person suggested that I take the S4 when I was looking at both the Z30 and Q10. I smiled at him and showed him my then phone- a Samsung S4.

I told him I hated the phone and Android was a mess that I couldn't take it anymore. At one point I considered taking the Z but my addiction to the QWERTY keypad wouldn't let me. At the end of it all I am very happy with my Q10.

@fbloise

How do the batteries compared considering the small screen of the Q and the larger Z screen with its bigger battery?
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-20 18:35

On 2014-04-17 08:54:11, fbloise wrote:
2880Mah

@Dups, Fbloise forgot to add most heavy, and I mean HEAVY users (using EVERYTHING) get over 24hrs+ use on ONE-FULL-CHARGE!

Another thing to mention is "USB OTG" also charges! Many are reporting charging Androids/iPhones doing the same thing.

Going to be upgrading to this in a few weeks - work is providing the line and the Z30 as a free HUP for new provider transitioning.

Very excited and will be looking to upgrade my 64GB MicroSD card.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2014-04-21 07:44
@Supa_Fly

You probably have had all of the BB10 phones, bar the Q5, and now you are going to get the Z30. I find that crazy, man

I would like your impression of that phone.

Anyway, I don't see myself coming over here anymore. The day Ericsson and Sony Ericsson died was the day I lost interest in esato. Sony has some really nice phones but Android is not my thing

I'LL BE SEEING YOU OVER AT CRACKBERRY. By the way, I am mod9 over there.

[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2014-04-21 06:46 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-21 22:36
i'm FBLOISE there

I'm very active in that forum (thanks to the CB10 app). Guys, i don't know what might be the cause but my Z30 battery doesnt last more than 14-16 hours. I think is some rogue android app sucking power in the background. Now, mind i have the same setup in the Q10 and get a way better battery life, both in 4G, brightness 50%, using a full black wallpaper (to aid the AMOLED consumption)
Not sure. any guesses?

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-21 23:41
Most people would be happy with 14-16 hours but are you a heavy user??
Phone?? What phone??
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2014-04-22 17:15
@fbloise

Do you have the same apps on both the Q10 and the Z?

I have had a less than usual battery life since the new update, it is mentioned also at Crackberry.

You and Supa_Fly are lucky, you both got your usernames from over here. I couldn't use Dups! At Crackberry.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-23 04:43

On 2014-04-22 17:15:31, Dups! wrote:
@fbloise

Do you have the same apps on both the Q10 and the Z?

I have had a less than usual battery life since the new update, it is mentioned also at Crackberry.

You and Supa_Fly are lucky, you both got your usernames from over here. I couldn't use Dups! At Crackberry.

yeah we got lucky ... however my original user name is Jagga (CB) there ... I use my Twitter account to sign in both on PC and using the CB10 app.

Suggestions for battery drain investigation:
1. Settings> App Manager (device manager and default apps and such ... specifically Device Monitor within.
you'll be able to see and track Battery life over time, CPU, Memory and such.

2. Any headless apps running?

3. How many ActiveSync accounts have:
Full folder sync to anytime (no 2wk, 1/3/6 months sync limitations)
Full Sync of all PIM content with each account?

For example I have 3 accounts using EAS and only 1 doing the contact sync'ing because I trust that one account.

Sorry I don't have the Z30/Q10 yet ... I'm still on Z10 and I've just accepted crap battery life ... so I'm upgrading just after moving May 2 ... within 14days.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-29 13:36
Mine has got better considerably in the last days, last night gave me close to 28 hrs, mind I didn't change anything, so still brightness 50%, using 4G, push emails for outlook.com, BBM/Whatsapp, and reading Crackberry and/or Feedly using GNewsReader.

It went from 8hrs to 20hrs to 28 hrs. Amazing, I think the system kinda learns from the user's daily usage and gets better to a point where it settles.

Btw, I sold my Q10, I will put the money in the bank and keep it there until the Q20 is launched.

Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-06-14 09:30
Dear friends.

This thing, this Z30, is a pure BEAST!

From all the glory the Q10 manifested, the Z30 does BB10 pure justice!

Build quality:
It's been years since BlackBerry has earned these words as being synonymous with its brand - gone are the days where you could (being 175lbs in shape baseball/basketball player) and throw you BlackBerry at a wall 5ft away and KNOW, not guess not hope, that you BlackBerry would work and have hardly a cosmetic damage!

Today you have companies, one of my favorites like Apple or HTC making smartphones out of metal shells/bezels but the metal being so soft they scratch with change in your pocket. This is a soft/poor sense of build quality! This is cosmetic appeal or chic!

The Z30 ove the course of the very first day will show you what build quality SHOULD feel like. The S4/5, IP5/5s, nor the HTC M7 cones close (I owned this for 3mths).

Solid, fit, weight just enough like a sexy healthy woman - think Beyonce's thick legs, sweet tatas (sry ladies) and thick curvy sexy smooth legs mmmh mmmh! Yeah that's the kind of healthy yet just enough weight to know you're playing with a real phone (or real woman) and not some skinny teen. Bad analogy but best I could do.

Fast:
Slightly faster cpu than the Z10, same ram, but quad core Adreno 320 graphics... everything is half a second faster! Launching apps, browsing websites, jumping from folder to folder, filing, and switching email accounts, Games, and typing ALL That much faster.

Keyboard:

With the more space and larger keys accuracy becomes more natural and easier to achieve. This means much faster natural typing - I've almost completely reverted from flick onto screen for predicted Words.

Speakers:

Damn! And I thought the HTC One M7 was good. Let's just put it this way - the only thing the M7/8 has over this is front firing. From quality of each decibel, the range of the music tones and deep base... yeah phone has this covered!

I watch The Incredibles from built-in storage and the range from the action scenes are well presented. Most impressive.

Color accuracy is more than acceptable.

My only reserve ... the 5" screen it's actually a bit large for my small hands.

Battery life!!
2 EAS accounts, one is on BES10 the other is on Outkook.com both pure push!!
FB, Twitter (built in & 3rd party app), WiFi connected, 4G/LTE connection, BlackBerry NOC connected. Constantly switching between work and personal profiles.

Get ready for this... out of the box 60% immediate top up at work before setting up on BES10 and I got 20hrs consisten use, never once turned off my LTE/4G or WiFi.

4 microphones with HD Voice calling and pure quality of the call unrivaled!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi