Previous  123 ... 585960 ... 130131132  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z2
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 14:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
won't you consider oneplus one?

reminder: we still haven't seen the phonearena, gsmarena, anandtech, photographyblog, and dpreview reviews.

if the camera is your focus, i think it will be good to wait for the photographyblog review. the review there is thorough. they show iso by iso camera performance.

also, we still haven't seen more photo comparisons. take note that from the russian sites, z2 won in mobile-review while s5 won in hi-tech. the battle's not done yet. i think your upgrade can wait

i'm not trying to convince you to stick to z2, though. we're on the same boat of doubting sony's efforts although we can't just disregard dxomark's ranking unless you're an awful nokia fanboy. hopefully, they can already test the s5 soon.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-04-25 06:02 ]
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 14:50
OnePlusOne camera samples
http://mobile-review.com/articles/2014/oneplus-one2.shtml
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-24 14:56
All the Sony shots look great compared to the main competitors, when viewed normally.
I think all this obsessive zooming in to examine all the details is pure nonsense.
Those pixs are made to watch and enjoy, not to expose all the detail.
And Sony often has better colour and contrast.

I don't take these tests so seriously because my experience says fiddling with
settings gives the best results anyway.

For me Z2 is a winner since it looks better than any other device.
Windows Phone sucks, SGS5 looks like a toy and has tacky UI.
For me personally, there is only one possible choice here

P.S.
That looks sad
http://pocketnow.com/2014/04/23/galaxy-s5-camera-failures
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2014-04-24 13:59 ]
a w a r e
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 15:13
That's probably just an early bug like what happens too ALL handsets. As for pixel peeping I'm probably in agreement with you, for a change
Phone?? What phone??
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 15:21
Come On guys . . . Do you even pay heed to those sites which deliberately make Z2 look worse ? (Samsung marketing dollars to reviewers at it's best)

When something that sets the Industry Standards for photography(read DxoMark) calls Z2 best of the bunch it means NOTHING to you all and you all fall for the crappy shit of these other sites. . . Seriously!!!
All of You seem to have Lost Senses :-/
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 15:30
I never choose a phone on a review
Phone?? What phone??
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 15:43
I think something is wrong with the Dxomark thing. They have the S4 above the 1020? S4 is a great camera but it's not as good nevermind better than the 1020.

The Z1 is above the S4, 1020 and 5s on their scores, I mean really?

Most reviews I've seen even from CNet, Phonearena, Trusted Reviews and other sites say the S5 is better than the Z2 camera and I bet Gsmarena say the same when they review the Z2.

Look at that video comparison the other day, the S5 killed the Z2 in every way apart from focus and the S5 has touch focus on video which the Z2 doesn't.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 15:52
Yeah you're right there
Phone?? What phone??
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 15:58

On 2014-04-24 15:43:32, northmonkey wrote:
I think something is wrong with the Dxomark thing. They have the S4 above the 1020? S4 is a great camera but it's not as good nevermind better than the 1020.

Most reviews I've seen even from CNet, Phonearena, Trusted Reviews and other sites say the S5 is better than the Z2 camera and I bet Gsmarena say the same when they review the Z2.

Look at that video comparison the other day, the S5 killed the Z2 in every way apart from focus and the S5 has touch focus on video which the Z2 doesn't.

They reviewed the 1020 on an old firmware which was shitty, latest firmware was significantly better.

On 2014-04-24 14:50:25, Sassho wrote:
OnePlusOne camera samples
http://mobile-review.com/articles/2014/oneplus-one2.shtml

Wrong thread?
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2014-04-24 14:59 ]
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 18:14

On 2014-04-24 15:43:32, northmonkey wrote:

Quality of a CAM is determined by Color accuracy, White balance and Dynamic range too and DxoMark takes all these parameters into account too. It's not ONLY just abt Amount of details or compression, as most of the people are misconcepted into by so called tech sites who don't even know the proper ABCD of cameras!

And you are again giving the example of that video comparison which we don't even know was shot with what settings.
A little tweak in settings here and there can make a Pic/Video look messy and pathetic.

I for an Example have Slaughtered friend's iPhone 5 in image quality many times with Xperia Z.
My friends who used to believe that iPhone takes better pics now accept that Xperias are way better.

And last but not the least "I would anyday trust industry standard setters DxoMark over those NOOB sites"
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 18:30
But its no good having the color accuracy etc if the compression ruins the pictures which Sony's firmware does.

Sony obviously doesn't wanna affect their digital camera sales so they hold back their camera phones performance.

And I have to give Samsung credit, you can just point and shoot on their phones, no need to constantly mess with settings to get a decent shot.
[ This Message was edited by: northmonkey on 2014-04-24 17:31 ]
Hilmawan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 20:45
I'm sorry if this is not the right thread, but I just wanted to add something about my comment to DisplayMate.
According to DisplayMate S5 has the best Screen Readability in High Ambient Light However, in this video you can see that the iphone 5s is better than the S5.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zqnosPs1_zo

Erica Griffin, Anandtech and this video proves that DisplayMate test is nothing but Samsung's dirty marketing tricks.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 20:52

On 2014-04-24 14:16:21, miromiromi wrote:
won't you consider oneplus one?

reminder: we still haven't seen the phonearena, gsmarena, anandtech, photographyblog, and dpreview reviews.

if the camera is your focus, i think it will be good to wait for the photographyblog review. the review there is thorough. they show iso by iso camera performance.

also, we still haven't seen more photo comparisons. take note that from the russian sites, z2 won in mobile-review while s5 won in hi-tech. the battle's not done yet. i think your upgrade can wait

i'm not trying to convince you to stick to z2, though. we're on the same boat of doubting sony's efforts although we can't just disregard dxomark's ranking. hopefully, they can already test the s5 soon.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-04-24 13:20 ]

The OnePlus look really appealing to me... really... but I already decided time ago to go for the Z2...
Also the OnePlus is the first device from that company so there are a lots of answers... Updates? Assistance? Build Quality? Durability?

I'd go for the Z2 even if this means paying 300 more bucks...!

Also as lots of you said I've seen GREAT pics in XDA, DxO and other sites... better than those... I'm not accusing anyone but the Z2 to me semeed to be able to have great shots...
I'm eagerly waiting for other big review... like Erica Griffin and others...
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 21:01
Going by what a lot of people on XDA are saying, the camera isn't that good, there's overheating issues yet again and not just when recording 4K, why is there the same problems on every phone? Why don't Sony resolve these basic fixable problems instead of just releasing refresh after refresh with the same errors?
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-24 21:12

On 2014-04-24 21:01:59, northmonkey wrote:
Going by what a lot of people on XDA are saying, the camera isn't that good, there's overheating issues yet again and not just when recording 4K, why is there the same problems on every phone? Why don't Sony resolve these basic fixable problems instead of just releasing refresh after refresh with the same errors?

Give us a link.

I have a Z2 and i have non of those issues accept if over 12 minute 4K recording
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 585960 ... 130131132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic