On 2014-04-17 19:34:58, miromiromi wrote:
i think it's Z2 - S5 - M8
[...]

That's a pretty good call imho.
1st features Sony's Isitjustsoftnessoroutoffocus®
2nd Samsung's Lowlightwithnolightshot®
3rd HTC's Letsoversharpeverythinguntilitlookslikeshit®
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-04-18 17:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Another day another review...
http://www.theguardian.com/te[....]xperia-z2-review-phone-android
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2014-04-18 17:38
With the delay of the Z2, Sony isn't helping itself. This is really bad for them. It's disappointing that this is the smartphone that can finally compete toe-to-toe with Samsung's offering but will fail just because it's delayed.

"But in recent years, out of Sony's long list of well-known brands — Walkman, Vaio, Bravia, Cyber-shot, Handycam, Aibo — only PlayStation has managed to hold its edge. Its share price is today just one third of its 2008 value."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com[....]al&utm_campaign=zergnet_142630
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2014-04-18 16:44 ]
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2014-04-18 18:14

On 2014-04-18 17:38:20, Shino03 wrote:
With the delay of the Z2, Sony isn't helping itself. This is really bad for them. It's disappointing that this is the smartphone that can finally compete toe-to-toe with Samsung's offering but will fail just because it's delayed.

Not sure I agree that it will "fail" .... sure it sucks that it is delayed but I for one would rather know that all the bugs were worked out prior to releasing a sub-par product (even if it does take an extra 60 days)......

Having said that though, as fast as the consumer electronics world moves, if they don't chop chop they could indeed lose some sales to other competing manufactures. That could be a moot point though if they release a top notch product as there have been examples of other handsets remaining relevant for one reason or another YEARS after their release.

Guess we'll see how this plays out... [addsig]
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-04-18 18:27
http://www.engadget.com/2014/[....]ow&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb engadget's review of xperia Z2. Z2 battery is better than the s5

EDIT: Oops not s5 but z1 hahah
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2014-04-18 17:46 ]
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-18 18:29
http://www.engadget.com/2014/[....]iew/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000589

oh you posted it 2 minutes earlier, kurt
so now how do i delete my post?

edit:

so happy with the battery results!!!
with at least two sites saying that z2's batt performance is good, i think i can now have some rest monitoring the web for new reviews

edit: (to respond to kurt's edit )

your statement can still be correct. the reviewer mentioned s5 in the video loop test. z2 edges s5 by 3.5 hours.

Our standard looped video corroborates (and perhaps slightly exaggerates) this advantage: The phone lasted a full 13 hours and 30 minutes -- three and half hours longer than the Galaxy S5.

[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-04-18 17:54 ]
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-04-18 18:43
^
its okay dude don't delete it hehe
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-18 19:14
Very good review of the Z2 here praises the screen, camera, battery life and the UI well worth a watch.

Sony Xperia Z2 review: http://youtu.be/4ZjKsV-CgGI
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-18 19:25
^ that wasn't the face i was expecting him to have (not being offensive)
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-19 09:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezvq6DLn3ho

video stabilization match
z2 vs s5 vs m8
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-04-19 08:35 ]
progosu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-19 09:47
phone 2 was the clear winner and I'm sure that it wasn't the Z2 because the pictures were sharp and had no noise.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-04-19 10:04

focusing solely on Stabilisation the Xperia Z2 exit as a winner, there's no denying this... It is perfectly still..
actually I'm amazed

@miromiromi... oh yes... I didn't see... edited...
[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2014-04-19 09:47 ]
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-19 10:17
i think he's replying to the post on the russian comparison.

i'm not really that convinced that s5 has the better camera. in that comparison, they took photos of the z2 wherein the subjects were farther and then cropped them and presented them in the same scale. naturally, the zoomed in photo of the z2 will look less sharp.

and i know that they took those photos from the same distance but the problem is that they downscaled those photos before taking the crops. as i said, naturally, the z2 photos will look inferior. they should have cropped first before downscaling to make sure that they have the same number of pixels per inch in the photos being compared.

if there's a problem with the z2, it's the higher exposure or the use of the higher ISO (z2 typically uses 64 outdoors while the s5 is usually at 50).

regarding the stabilization... i think z2 and ip5s are now even when it comes to stabilization or z2 is even better because of the bigger number of megapixels. can't wait to see them getting compared. before, the iphone was compared to the 1020 to test their stabilization skills. the digital stabilization was very close to the OIS of the bulky lumia 1020.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-04-19 09:19 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-19 15:11
Sony Xperia Z2 Review: The Updated Android Flagship Is An All-Round Success

http://www.forbes.com/sites/e[....]gship-is-an-all-round-success/
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-04-21 10:22
Reviews Reviews Reviews Reviews

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sony[....]2-review-bigger-better-1445256
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/te[....]eview-style-and-substance.html
http://news.asiaone.com/news/digital1/review-sony-xperia-z2
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/smartphones/1307533/sony-xperia-z2

SUMMING ALL UP

International Businnes Time 9/10
"The Xperia Z2 is not a dramatic improvement over last year's model but it shows that Sony is still producing smartphones which are challenging right at the top of the market.
While the large size and hefty £600 price tag may put some off, the excellent screen, the great camera, flawless build quality and fast performance make it a serious challenger to the Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 and eventually the iPhone 6 when Apple launch it later this year.
Scores:
Screen 9/10 – Excellent
Camera 10/10 – The best smartphone camera out there, bar the Nokia Lumia 1020
Software 8/10 – Sony's additional software is not too intrusive
Design 9/10 – Premium materials combined with a thinner and lighter body
Build quality 9/10 – Still water and dust proof, with a flawless build
Overall 9/10 – A refinement of last year's Z1, making it one of the best smartphone around
The Good:
Great screen
Great camera
Great build quality
The Bad:
Slightly too large
Expensive"

Telegraph
"Attempting to choose between any of the very latest smartphones is to dance slightly pointlessly on the head of a pin – the iPhone, S5, HTC One and Z2 are all excellent devices. Nokia too is coming up fast. But Samsung and Apple both pitch themselves increasingly as a gateway to apps and devices, while HTC and Sony focus on design. Both will offer more wearable devices in the near future. For now the Z2 is a device that can’t be bettered for photography fans who want detailed adjustment of settings, and offers a unique, appealing design that should serve Sony well. "

AsiaOne 4/5 stars
"My biggest beef is that in the three weeks when I was evaluating the phone, there were two system update notifications. Some may think it commendable that Sony rolled out updates so quickly, but the second update not only required the use of a computer, but also installation of extra software on the computer
This is a small flaw
, perhaps. But it reminded me that it has been months since any smartphone I tested had such an unwarranted dependency on a computer.
There is no doubt the Z1 is a great phone and that the Z2 does have improvements.
But with hardware that is almost identical and only slight tweaks in software, the Z2 also stands out as a example of an incremental upgrade.
It is definitely not the next big thing from Sony.
If you have the Xperia Z1, skip the Z2. If you are looking for a powerful Android phone with a great camera, the Xperia Z2 is a good choice."

Expert Reviews 4/5 stars
"Fortunately, the Z2 redeems itself with its astonishing battery life. Its huge 3,200mAh battery lasted a massive 16 hours and 45 minutes in our continuous video playback test with the screen set to half brightness, which is outstanding for a flagship smartphone. So far, only the LG G2 and Samsung Galaxy S5 have managed to beat this kind of battery life, and it's certainly a massive improvement from the Z1's ten hours under the same conditions.
Sony Xperia Z2 Conclusion
The Sony Xperia Z2 is certainly an improvement on the Z1, but even its huge battery life can't shake the feeling that most of its enhancements are minor updates rather than substantial steps forward. Compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One (m8), the Z2 can't quite cut it. It still has its merits, such as the waterproofing and Sony's straightforward take on Android, but for us the stylish metal HTC One, and more decisively the Galaxy S5, are ahead of it."

and in the end the S5 review from IBT... just for joke pourpose... so I'm deliberately copying only CONS...

"But there are missteps here too. The heart-rate monitor is just baffling, the fingerprint sensor is frustratingly awkward to use and the interface isn't the fastest.
These niggles are annoying and while they are not huge errors, they do take away from the sense that this is a truly great smartphone.
Scores
Software 7/10 – TouchWiz is better but seem to slow down the phone
Design 8/10 – Not great, not terrible. Plastic instead of metal makes it feel slightly cheap.
Overall 8/10 – An improvement on the S4, but minor niggles hold it back
The Bad
Sluggish interface
Fingerprint scanner doesn't work
Heart-rate monitor is....well....there
"

Anyway Z2 seems really great... everybody are praising Camera, Battery Life, Build Quality and Screen...
I only wishe dfor it to have 32Gb of ROM... but I can live with it...

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 545556 ... 130131132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic