Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z2

Previous  123 ... 525354 ... 130131132  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z2
dalmac
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2014-04-15 23:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^ In that review, however, they do state that they think the s5 takes better photos.
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-15 23:50
Again they had the Z2 in superior auto mode then complain when the image isn't quite good enough, hardly any reviewers seem to use or know how to use manual mode, that's why the Z1 and Z2 camera reviews aren't very accurate.
dalmac
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 00:07
Is manual mode really that much better though? (not trolling - it's a genuine question)
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 00:11
^ At least it gives you 2.5 times more resolution, I wouldn't want to miss that.

@CrownedAkuma:
Haha, I wanted to post the exact same picture.
The display really is lovely!

Battery seems to be very good, too. (Google translated)
The e Z1 was already very satisfying in itself, but we see that the Z2 has gained optimization. In fact, when we lost about 5% of battery in 20 minutes of streaming video playback (WiFi) in the Z1, Z2 in 45 minutes in the same conditions, consume barely 9% of battery. This is better than our tests with the HTC One (M8), the battery is more cramped and slightly better than the Galaxy S5.

Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 00:42

On 2014-04-16 00:07:43, dalmac wrote:
Is manual mode really that much better though? (not trolling - it's a genuine question)

Superior Auto makes photos brighter most of the time and it makes images worse and creates more noise.

Most reviewers just base their thoughts on the Auto mode as that's just what they do.

You have to know the right settings to make the best picture, with the Z1 that's generally iso 50 when you can especially during the day and then change it when you need to but Superior Auto isn't bad, it's just nowhere near perfect yet but it's getting better, manual mode is a must though, I'd only use Superior Auto if you quickly need to take a picture and your not too worried about how good it's gonna be.
Hilmawan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 01:16

On 2014-04-15 23:27:09, CrownedAkuma wrote:

This pic speaks for itself... The RED is awesome!
Whereas the S5 is orange...
All Hail the Z2 screen

Previously I thought the S5 has the most screen accurate, because I strongly believe in DisplayMate.
But when Erica Griffin and Anandtech prove that what DisplayMate said about S5 is wrong, I completely lost my faith to DisplayMate.

I also realized that the professionals never mentioned DisplayMate when it comes to display measurement, just like what francois simond said.
"Personally I see SpectraCal CalMAN, ChromaPure and to some extent HCFR mentioned by professionals.
DisplayMate? Never so far. Because you can't mesure displays using image patterns only. You need software to do the job."
And now I'm starting to think that Samsung pay DisplayMate.
Because as far as I know samsung is very good in dirty marketing tricks.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 09:00
@Hilmawan
phonearena said the same in s5 review. one of it's cons is unbalanced and unnatural colors and that cinema mode or any other mode did not change that.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 15:23

On 2014-04-16 01:16:24, Hilmawan wrote:
Previously I thought the S5 has the most screen accurate, because I strongly believe in DisplayMate.
But when Erica Griffin and Anandtech prove that what DisplayMate said about S5 is wrong, I completely lost my faith to DisplayMate.

I also realized that the professionals never mentioned DisplayMate when it comes to display measurement, just like what francois simond said.
"Personally I see SpectraCal CalMAN, ChromaPure and to some extent HCFR mentioned by professionals.
DisplayMate? Never so far. Because you can't mesure displays using image patterns only. You need software to do the job."

There's three main problems with AMOLED,
1- Colours are not accurate, so un natural, in most cases it will over saturate the picture... a lot of people will like this as it makes poor pictures looks nicer, but it's not natural...

2- When presenting white colour, or bright colours in general, the panel will consume more power than LCD panels... So if you have a pure white in the screen, the LCD will consume lower power compared to the AMOLED, thankfully in most cases the display won't show only whiteness.. there's some design themes that claim to save power by being dark which is true for AMOLED.. but in LCD it will have close to 0% effect on power ( very little negative actually )

3- Visibility in sunlight is a major problem for AMOLED compared to LCD's

Of course there's other problems like the lower lifespan, as with time the pixels will have a washing effect, but this problem is not applied in mobile phones as in most cases the age of the mobile it self will be much lower than the age of the screen. specially as this problem is gradual and might not be noticeable till you have a side by side comparison.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 15:44

On 2014-04-16 01:16:24, Hilmawan wrote:

They have DxOMark against Z2, here's DisplayMate for the S5. At least no one's too butthurt to go on the S5 thread and start a nonsense argument.
Hilmawan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 16:35
After reading Francois Simond comments, I realize there is a big difference between DoxMark and DisplayMate.
DxOMark is well known, trusted and has a strong reputation in a professional circle, but DisplayMate is never mentioned anywhere except on mobile-oriented blogs relaying (sometimes incorrectly, usually with click bait titles) the article he publishes.
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 16:36

On 2014-04-16 15:44:53, itsjustJOH wrote:
They have DxOMark against Z2, here's DisplayMate for the S5. At least no one's too butthurt to go on the S5 thread and start a nonsense argument.

Troll [addsig]
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 17:48
@Hilmawan
Yeah, displaymate my ass. i read reviews and i trust my eyes above all. i think that IPS displays produce better results overall a lot because of the more natural colors that samsung's display modes can't really fix. i seriously start to believe samsung paid displaymate. sony should adopt oled only when it will match ips in color accuracy. no shitty tints, unbalanced colors, etc.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-04-16 16:52 ]
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 23:51
Is there any truth to these rumours of a potential 5-7 month delay for the Z2? seems a bit over the top to suggest a delay would be that long even if there was a parts shortage.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/[....]faced-with-long-delays/#!ErwFp

http://www.highlightpress.com[....]g-until-november/14827/tharper
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-04-17 04:07

On 2014-04-16 23:51:08, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
Is there any truth to these rumours of a potential 5-7 month delay for the Z2? seems a bit over the top to suggest a delay would be that long even if there was a parts shortage.

Yup! That is over the top bullshit and has nothing to do with reality.
Sony comes up with a entirely new flagship Xperia in 6 months period and production starts 1-2 months prior the release. So how can one even believe that it will take Sony 6-7 months to release a phone that's already in production(even in consumer's hands in some countries). . .
Infact these stories have come out of Nowhere with NO sources whatsoever, just to do some further damage to Sony's reputation. Maybe even Samsung sponsored. . .
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-17 04:32

On 2014-04-17 04:07:28, AbhiD999 wrote:

On 2014-04-16 23:51:08, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

Yup! That is over the top bullshit and has nothing to do with reality.
Sony comes up with a entirely new flagship Xperia in 6 months period and production starts 1-2 months prior the release. So how can one even believe that it will take Sony 6-7 months to release a phone that's already in production(even in consumer's hands in some countries). . .
Infact these stories have come out of Nowhere with NO sources whatsoever, just to do some further damage to Sony's reputation. Maybe even Samsung sponsored. . .

I thought as much. I did some further searching and found that the Z2 is already on sale in Germany and a few other places. Such a load of crap... none of the articles list a source.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 525354 ... 130131132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic