Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z2

Previous  123 ... 444546 ... 130131132  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z2
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 19:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Did dxomark conclude that the Z2 is better in IQ than 808? Did anyone of us here say the same?

That's all. 10 bucks says this wouldn't continue on the next page (hello hihihans ).

Edit: Probably the next page, again.
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2014-04-08 18:18 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 19:28

On 2014-04-08 19:16:43, itsjustJOH wrote:
Did dxomark conclude that the Z2 is better in IQ than 808? Did anyone of us here say the same?

That's all. 10 bucks says this wouldn't continue on the next page (hello hihihans ).

Edit: Probably the next page, again.
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2014-04-08 18:18 ]

All this calls for a 808 PureView vs. Xperia Z2 thread, to see if the 808 really has lost the throne or not, kind of like the Nokia N95 vs. SE K850i Camera threads we had.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 19:28

On 2014-04-08 19:12:55, mlife wrote:
You still haven't said it... and my ego isn't hurt at all nor was I ever aware of dxo's site prior to this or I would have still claimed that their thinking is flawed.... not to mention biased!! look for yourself....

Please go to their site and tell me what they scored the 808 back when tested to Still IQ;
http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Nokia-808-PureView

Now tell me what they scored the Z2;
http://www.dxomark.com/Mobile[....]first-place-in-Mobile-rankings

.... I'll save you some time.. they both got an 81 with the BOGUS autofocus category and (IMO) Exposure.. but I won't even get into that... however... take out a calculator and what you actually get is

80.85714286 for sony
81.85714286 for Nokia

Now, why (unless biased) would they round up for Sony but not nokia??? HMMM... a fair and accurate site you say.. then please do let me hear your explanation........ OH - and I'm still waiting to see you type "Autofocus is a component of superior IQ" ... not make up some hogwash about how its relevant to take this off track....

ps... i'm not riled at all.... as a matter of fact I'm simply humored that after over two years sony fans are still hoping for something to come out to top Nokia's past..... how does it feel to still be chasing down "dead tech"
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2014-04-08 18:19 ]

so that's how somebody "humored" reacts? certainly doesn't look like it to me.

now, let's just go back to that VERY IMPORTANT thing you keep missing.
in all those ratings, it only says "DxOMark Mobile" (photo/video). it did not say IQ. well, guess that spells the difference between professionals and someone who claims to know a lot about photography. difference in the grasp of terminologies?

+

ditto on what itsjustJOH said.

but i guess that won't be enough explanation for you. you're still too riled with how the ranking went. riled.

and regarding your calculations...
assuming you are correct and that 808 should get 82 for dxomark photo (instead of 81 or a similar figure to z2's), the overall difference will only be .33 point (77.33 vs 77). it's still lower than 79.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-04-08 18:44 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 20:05
http://www.esato.com/phonepho[....]&make=Nokia&model=808+PureView

An image like this compared to this by Z2 is a massive difference in quality especially grain and noise

Phone?? What phone??
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 20:09
Riled... okay, I see you want to keep trying to make this personal and not see past the fog of a flawed analysis and biased website testing so this will indeed be my last thoughts on the matter. I don't disagree that the Z2 is an awesome phone and likely the best smartphone out right now but if you're not comparing IQ, why even bother comparing it to the outdated 808 at all?? And if you are comparing anything to the 808 it really would only be about the IQ as that is really the only outstanding thing about it (other than maybe the microphone)... having said that, Ill say it again.. you can adjust exposure and contrast so to me thats not valid and you can't count Autofocus as IQ as its irrelevant other than maybe ease of use - If you are either too dense or stubborn to see that then we will never have a productive debate.... if you do understand that but are afraid to admit it publicly (I'll let you slide as this is fanboy central) but even by dxo's number that would mean the results should really read like this;

And those figures are just by removing the obvious.. I would further argue that color and flash should also be removed from those figures but considering the apparent lack of comprehension here, I concede to leaving them in.... There is no way to convince me otherwise and I believe anyone with a true desire to see relevant facts would come to the same conclusion - unless of course your just trying to paint a rose colored portrait. I do for one however hope that someone will indeed truly top the 808's IQ soon as I'm really tired of lugging two phones everywhere.

cheers
[addsig]
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 21:51
Guys please stop... I'm smelling Hihihans scent from miles away... Do you want this thread to be closed for a day? And the last two pages to be erased?
My weed-smoking cute baby is really sad because he is on the verge of being canceled! He is gonna cry out loud for sure!
Miromiromi please do not answer, it's non useful... I, for one, am doubtful about the Z2 superiority... But I'm happy to know that the quality of the pics is GREAT... That is all we need to know...
Mlife please stop, the 808 is surely better in still pics but also slower... There's no need for this arguing! Nobody came in your 808 thread bragging about the Z2 and its presumed superiority... We were just staying here in our ignorance happy for the fake Z2 results! Let us be happy for our favourite phone!
Bonovox stay out of this, is it possible that you are always around when a fire start? And you are always there throwing gasoline on the fire to make it grow even bigger! You were the one posting in the Nokia Thread the link with the DxO review!

Stop please
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 22:33
I wasn't starting anything I just shared a comparison of 2 photos
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 23:06
Further delays ? http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-is-delayed-until-June_id54904
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 23:23
Rikken

I remember thinking how embarrassing it would be for those who rubbished Eldar Murtazin when he tweeted that a few weeks ago.

Oh dear...
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 23:26
Vodafone say on their website that the phone will be delivered on 14th April here in the UK.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-08 23:54
It has already gone on sale in China at least. Esato user milukugiuniu has one which he says is the Chinese version.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 01:03
Personally, I can look at a few images from a mobile device and I could tell you where they stand on the scale.. I don't really need them to be in the exact same condition, etc. Noise levels, artifacts, detail, DR.. all of these things are pretty obvious regardless of what conditions the photo was taken in.

I've been waiting for a smartphone to top (or at least be on par with) the 808 so I can switch, but thus far... there is nothing out there. The Z2 takes nice photos, but so does the 1520, the iPhone 5s, the gs5.. the newer LGs.. they are all nice and acceptable for 99% of the users out there. Unfortunately once you get used to the mighty sensor/optics combo on the 808 everything else is just not good enough... the 808 is simply in a different category.

The 1020 got very close, but still.. I don't see a point in updating since its not an improvement over the 808 ... at least not enough for my own needs.

DXO's scoring is only that.. a specific set of numbers and categories that they find important. I can make a scale that would put the iPhone 5s camera on top by 20 points.. would it be true ? Yes, if the parameters I set are what is important to you..

On 2014-04-08 19:15:00, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Let's have a camera duel, 808 PureView owners post some pics taken with your 808 and Xperia Z2 owners post some pics taken in similar conditions, to put an end to all this....or make it all more interesting.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2014-04-08 18:24 ]

No go because of different conditions..blabla

On 2014-04-08 19:12:55, mlife wrote:

.... I'll save you some time.. they both got an 81 with the BOGUS autofocus category and (IMO) Exposure.. but I won't even get into that... however... take out a calculator and what you actually get is

80.85714286 for sony
81.85714286 for Nokia

AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 06:37
@ mlife

Hey you creepy little alien, just go back to your forum/planet!
The environment here won't suit you

On a serious note- Why did you even come on this forum to comment ? Why troll ? No one asked/requested you to come here.
No one from here did the same trollin' on your forum! You are as much BUTThurt as the "hundreds" of Lumia fans out there!
What's funny is that you guys who are No Ones of NoWhere are questioning the results of a world renowned site in terms of photography! Pro Photographers and Even Cam companies themselves look out for the results of DxoMark and take decisions accordingly! DxoMark sets the standards for photography worldwide.

You are the same guys who used to point out DxoMark's results till 3 days ago whenever someone questioned your Lumia 808!

Now Pack your Bags Up from here and Go Home. . .
[ This Message was edited by: AbhiD999 on 2014-04-09 05:45 ]
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 06:43

On 2014-04-08 23:23:12, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Rikken

I remember thinking how embarrassing it would be for those who rubbished Eldar Murtazin when he tweeted that a few weeks ago.

Oh dear...

That "further" delay has nothing to do with rest of the world!
HongKong was never supposed to get Z2 in time once initial delay occured there.
So Eldar is as much Wrong today as he was Earlier!
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 07:52
I there really nobody with a sense of humour?
Don't take things personally, unless you are the one who burned the factory down to cause the delay.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 444546 ... 130131132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic