Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 107108109 ... 130131132  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z2
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-06-13 15:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I actually expected Samsung to make a better sensor than Sony even with their first try because if I remember correctly they are actually using Toshiba's technology which is used in PV and 1020. Toshiba's technology with Samsung's huge funds will surely beat Sony.
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-13 15:51

On 2014-06-13 13:42:33, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2014-06-13 12:29:41, AbhiD999 wrote:

On 2014-06-13 11:52:22, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2014-06-13 09:52:46, randomuser wrote:
So people here were bashing GSMArena and claiming DXOMark knows much better than GSMArena when they rated Z2 as best mobile camera.

Now the S5 review is in and it now ranks at No.1

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobile[....]der-in-DxOMark-Mobile-rankings

In photos Z2 scores 81 whereas S5 scores 80. In videos S5 scores 79 and Z2 73.

Combined average of photos and videos

S5 - 79.5
Z2 - 77
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-06-13 08:59 ]

DxO are paid by Samsung now I guess, LMAO!

On 2014-06-13 11:17:57, AbhiD999 wrote:

On 2014-06-13 10:54:22, miromiromi wrote:
looks like the s5 thread will be busy in the next few days ... nokia fannies engage!
haha

if dxomark has those grades for the s5 camera, there should be no reason for the note 4 to use a sony sensor (as rumored). looks like samsung's own sensor is just as good as sony's. they can now compete against sony in the mobile camera sensors market.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-06-13 10:03 ]

All the previous Samsung flagships have been beating Sony in camera department. This is the 1st time when they stand equal to Sony's ! This obviously proves that samsung's own made sensor is a Step Backwards .
That's why they going for Sony made in note 4. And note 4 in my opinion will beat Sony's z2/z3 by a huge margin in cam.
Sony sensors are still miles better than any Samsung out there.
Problem lies with optics and software processing.

No, it's not a step backward, considering this is Samsungs 1st go at a mobile sensor and the fact that it is a SMALLER sensor, this is incredible, they have equalled Sony, the King of sensors at their 1st go, that is an embarrassment to Sony and a huge win for Samsung in many ways as it shows they are just as capable if not more, their smaller sensor has managed to keep up with Sony's much larger one, now I hope Samsung will drop Sony when it comes to the sensors in their flagships, as in terms of margins it makes better sense to just use their own in-house sensor, I hope the Note 4 comes with a 16MP ISOCELL with OIS, that will be a huge win for Samsung.

Samsung was forced to make it's own sensor because Sony did not source it's 20mpx sensor to anyone else. Samsung had to update the megapixel numbers of it's cam as it was stuck at 13mpx from two generations.
If samsung's sensor is so good i wonder why doesn't such awesomeness show up in their dedicated camera lineup !
Just compare s5 with QX10(same 1/2.3" sensor as z2) and s5's cam will learn it's actual place.
There is a reason why Samsung decided to go with Sony sensor in Galaxy Camera 2!
There is a reason why Samsung is switching back to Sony sensor in Note 4!
And there is a reason why you aren't samsung's ceo and take decisions.
The problem with Sony xperia series is lens and software processing. Not the sensor. It's still the best !

Do you have actual confirmation from Samsung that the Galaxy Note 4 will use a Sony sensor? Or is just one of your crazy statements?
The Galaxy S5 will indeed learn it's actual place as in the end it is a camera phone not an entire accessory built for photography, when compared to other phones the S5 does a brilliant job even putting the Z2 in its place.
There could be any amount of reasons that Samsung went with a Sony sensor in the Galaxy Camera 2:
ISOCELL wasn't ready
ISOCELL may cost more to implement and didn't make sense in such a niche device
Note enough components to make ISOCELL for both S5 and GC2
Etc... So don't be so quick to draw a conclusion just because it satisfies your own opinion.
As for me being CEO, well yes, I just wasn't born in the right country, year and family, duh.

If I'm not mistaken Samsung has had some production issues with their ISOCELL camera so these issues could effect just how many they can make and implement and they may have to prioritize which products get it, the Galaxy Note often don't have better optics than the Galaxy S range though or at least the results aren't as good as S range, so this may mean Samsung don't want the Note4 to have a better camera than the S5, there are all kinds of reasons, you rather quick to draw a conclusion when you don't even work there, try keep an open mind.

They went for sony's sensor in G Camera 2! PERIOD!!! No argument. There is nothing like "Amount of reasons"
I compared QX10 because it has the damm same sensor as Z2! It quite proves that Sony's sensor is still MILES better than anything out there(Cough : Isocell)
As for S5 showing Z2 it's place, just read AGAIN what dxomark has said! Z2 is still the best in Still Photography not your s5.
Z2 obviously sucks in camera(Reason being it's not even close to what it can perform). And the culprits being Lens and SW processing.

And if there is so much to brag about s5's "Revolutionary" sensor than please do that in S5"s thread.
And one doesn't need to be born in right country, yr or family to be a company's ceo. Winners strive hard to turn the Wrong conditions to Right! They don't waste their time Bitch*ng abt competitor products in other forums
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-13 16:01
First of all stop quoting such large posts ! It's annoying
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-13 16:24
^
All started with your post!
Please, Refrain from posting anything Inflammatory
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-06-13 16:36
AbhiD999

Oh my you took my post WRT CEO too seriously man, it was a joke at the fact that so far Samsung has been run by a particular family in South Korea, chill out, save the BS for someone who needs it

They went for sony's sensor in G Camera 2! PERIOD!!! No argument.

Nobody is arguing that, but we can only assume their reasons for them going for a Sony sensor, the GC2 came in January so it may have been too early for the ISOCELL, it may have still been in testing, or they have chosen to use the S5 as a launch platform to showcase their effort in the mass market, you and me don't know, not until we have solid evidence, same goes for whether or not the ISOCELL makes into the Note 4.

End of the day, they wouldn't put their worst product in a Galaxy S model as that is by far the most important product in their portfolio, so that already speaks volumes in itself.

Cheers!
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2014-06-13 16:55

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]ved-like-the-human-eye_id57124
Are you nervous?
tesndro353
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-13 17:37
Someone's not happy
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-13 19:11

Kudos to Sony! That's a really new form of camera tech. What I would call a Real Innovation !!!
I hope it comes into a Xperia soon. Drastic improvements would be there.
[ This Message was edited by: AbhiD999 on 2014-06-13 18:26 ]
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-06-13 23:34
DxO: this is the best

Me:

[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2014-06-13 22:34 ]
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2014-06-14 02:11
This thread are going to another way again.
Thanks to the Shia-msung and Nokia jihad team.
Are you nervous?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-14 05:29
I don't see why that attitude against Nokia fans. They have every right to question the DXOMark rankings as it's not rocket science to figure out that S5 and Z2 simply do not even come close to Lumia 1020 and 808 Pureview IQ wise

They do have their own weaknesses though and are not really the most suitable phone camera for an average joe due to slow shooting times but then DxoMark isn't a site for the masses nor are their evaluations catering to the masses.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-06-14 04:30 ]
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2014-06-14 05:30

They said they are already in production, so is this going to be in Z3? It all makes sense to have this large sensor considering that the Z3 is going to have a curved arc design (If rumours are true)
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2014-06-14 04:38 ]
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-06-14 05:38
I will be the first one to admit and be excited about a smartphone with a better camera than the one I currently own.

I've been following Sony's efforts in the cameraphone space very closely because I do believe that they can disrupt the space in a similar manner to what Nokia did with their big sensor designs.

I could be a Nokia "fan" but I greatly appreciate good engineering no matter which R&D department came up with it... to be honest it doesn't really matter to me.

About DxO.. I said it months ago, the way they score those tests is very specific, and it does makes sense, from their perspective, but for me personally their perspective is kind of far from what happens in reality. I've seen plenty of samples from both the Z2 and the GS5, I can make up my own mind..

Now, when it comes to video, yes.. the GS5/Z2 has much better video IQ than any Nokia, bar the sound recording and the zooming, I would rate video recording IQ on both higher than the Nokias.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-14 05:47
@Shino03

It's only a concept sensor for mobile devices. 2/3" curved sensor won't be used in any Xperia. But a smaller (around 1/2.5") curved sensor might be used in 2-3 years.

@cu015170

The way the market is moving, there is no room for large sensors anymore unfortunately. So you might have to wait quite a long time to find a phone with better IQ than Nokia 808.

Much better video recording is already available of course, as you mentioned yourself.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-06-14 04:50 ]
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2014-06-14 05:51
2 to 3 years! That's so long especially considering that the mobile industry has already reached the point of stagnation when it comes to innovation. Samsung and other OEMS have been trying to add gimmicky techs on their phones since there's really nothing more to add or improve.

SONY need to step up their game and release this as soon as possible.
The 2/3 sensor is possible to put into a phone considering that the Lumia 1020 has only 10.4mm at its thickest part. Thk e xperia Arc for comparison is 10mm at its thickest point where the camera module is located. Sony needs to scrap the hell out of the omnibalance design and go back to Arc-design in order to accomodate this kind of sensor. Just my opinion. I'm no expert here
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2014-06-14 05:22 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 107108109 ... 130131132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic