Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z2

Previous  123 ... 99100101 ... 130131132  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z2
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-24 21:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This latest Android on Sony looks so good.
Samsung one is terrible.
a w a r e
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-24 22:11

On 2014-05-24 21:53:10, doministry wrote:
This latest Android on Sony looks so good.
Samsung one is terrible.

Indeed.Its really smooth and has a lot of nice touches.I love the new Video Library & Album
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-05-24 22:40
Hmm, well judging by my new Galaxy S5 the new TW interface has definately been improved. There is zero lag anywhere and camera is better imo. Like Sony of old Samsung have finally improved and got rid of TW lag issues. Yeah yeah am sure you'll laugh but it is true.
Phone?? What phone??
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-24 23:33

On 2014-05-24 22:40:00, Bonovox wrote:
Hmm, well judging by my new Galaxy S5 the new TW interface has definately been improved. There is zero lag anywhere and camera is better imo. Like Sony of old Samsung have finally improved and got rid of TW lag issues. Yeah yeah am sure you'll laugh but it is true.

I won't laugh but there is something completely contradictory that i have experienced with S5!

TW is as laggy in S5 as it was earlier! Dialer still takes DECADES to open...

Even NOTE 3>>> S5 (Bitter Truth)

These are earlier days, you will start experiencing the lag as days pass by. OR maybe not bcoz it might be too hard for you to see any faults in Samsung.

PS - This is a DEDICATED Z2 thread. Please DO NOT promote samsung phones here. There is a dedicated thread for S5 out there
[ This Message was edited by: AbhiD999 on 2014-05-24 22:37 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-05-25 00:40
No it doesn't take ages to open mine is fine. Yes it is the Z2 thread but someone just mentioned Samsung before me. Be quiet
Phone?? What phone??
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-25 05:36
let not jump to conclusions,slow dallier issues can creep in few months after use,im praying i never face that issue.It was really bad on my XS
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-05-25 08:12
I don't want to go OT, but my old Xperia arc had some issues with the dialler and even flashing clean stock firmware didn't resolve the problem.. the dialler was slow... but the problem that forced me to change the phone is the lag after tapping "call", it will just hang for few seconds to up to minutes... restarting sometimes fix it temporary but the problem became worse and worse by time... using a 3rd party dialler seems to make it better but the main problem wasn't in dialler, but in the calling application..
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-05-25 10:04
Oh yes...
finally I was able to get my hands on a Z2 in a store and try it out... comparing it with the Z1, the Z, the S5... at least inside the store
I'm really impressed... despite being extremely similar in the front it is really different while holding it from the Z1... it is more comfortable to hold and a bit lighter! it is way better in terms of ergonomics, even if it is still a bit big (but I have big hands so no problems here for me)... it manage even to look better with the wider speaker hole, the narrower profile and the different color accent on the side... also talking about bezels you can see the difference with Z1, this is a really good size in terms of bezels! I'm even more in love than what I was yesterday
Z1 and Z2 screens both looks good HEAD ON, with the Z2 being a tad more punchy (I disabled the X-reality option and it looked better imho) and the Z1 being brighter!! but when you tilt it a bit the Z2 is in another league! pros to Sony the screen also felt definetly bigger than the Z1... I know we are talking about just 0,2" but I really thought "wow it is bigger!!"
It is supaaaah fast! the camera started (after turning it on from being off) in just a sec using the shutter button (which I love)... the Z1 and the S5 were a little behind (especially the Z1) when opening the cam! the interface is smooth and beautiful IMHO as always (I must say that also the S5 has been ironed out a lot, but IMHO it is still not quite there). Tap2Wake worked like a charm and also the single-handed keyboard... I tried to use a stylus (the Sony ES22) and worked great! that is a big plus... also tried the glove mode with a pair of woolen gloves and was perfect
The LED is really visible! (way more than Z1, Z, S5 and so on) it has a great look to it...
I didn't tried a lot with the camera because I couldn't go outside or too far... I tried the background defocus (it worked well but not perfectly, and also frightened me a bit because it took forever to create and save the photo!!!) and the slow-mo video (awesome... i like how the audio slow down).
The speaker are decent, but I expected them to be a bit LOUDER.... still you can sense the difference with the Z1, the Z, the compact and so on... and the difference is big, especially in terms of quality so happy! the S5 was definetely louder!!! but quality was also crappier!

I want this phone ASAP... I completely fall in love with it, after trying it with my hands

PSX: I brought with me an external battery ( http://www.sonymobile.com/it/[....]ortable-power-supply-cp-f1lam/ ) and a magnetic charging cable I bought from amazon ( http://www.amazon.it/Magnetic[....]keywords=Magnetic+Sony+Charger ) and attached everyithing while I was trying! the magnetic connection was powerful, but not too much, it remained connected even when moving it, and the charging was fine and worked! I really reccomend you to buy one of these!!!
PS2: mine (I'm talking about the magnetic cable) was better than the one I linked in the previous statement... it had the sony logo engraved on the side and looked more "premium"... I do not know if mine was original or not but it looked like it could be! but now it is out of stock... mine was this http://www.amazon.it/gp/produ[....]ails_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2014-05-25 10:01 ]
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-05-25 10:34
Thanks CrownedAkuma.
This is useful information. Real people sharing real experiences.
I hope you'll have a Z2 soon and enjoy to the fullest.
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-05-25 13:48
Some people are reporting that the latest firmware update increases the speakers' loudness a bit.
[ This Message was edited by: RandomCarpet on 2014-05-25 12:49 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-05-25 15:56
The only problem I see now with Z2 is that there no root for LockedBL ( or for those who want to backup the TA partition before unlocking ).... but Sony will not help us with this

The other hardware problem for my self is lack of IR ( transceiver ), there's other minor issues but I think Sony will change them with the time, like improving the pogo pins ( direction independent + data support ), wireless charging ( not that much important to me if the mastered the pogo pins )...
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-25 17:03

On 2014-05-25 15:56:24, Xajel wrote:
The only problem I see now with Z2 is that there no root for LockedBL ( or for those who want to backup the TA partition before unlocking ).... but Sony will not help us with this

The other hardware problem for my self is lack of IR ( transceiver ), there's other minor issues but I think Sony will change them with the time, like improving the pogo pins ( direction independent + data support ), wireless charging ( not that much important to me if the mastered the pogo pins )...

Yes same here
I bought it from vodafone network so unable to unlock my bootloader.. Waiting for the rooting method without unlocking bootloader.
I realy miss the IR transmitter. Its practically useful
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-05-26 08:29
Well... my Z2 / Wifi seem to be incompatible. I have discovered the joy of the Android "obtaining ip address" bug which has been around since at least Gingerbread Google tells me. So basically my Z2 can't connect to my Wifi unless I root it which I'm not doing.

Has anybody else had this bug and did they come across a way to sort it out? Would it be likely that a replacement Z2 would have the same issue? (basically is it a hardware failure or a software failure?)
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-26 10:48

On 2014-05-26 08:29:59, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
Well... my Z2 / Wifi seem to be incompatible. I have discovered the joy of the Android "obtaining ip address" bug which has been around since at least Gingerbread Google tells me. So basically my Z2 can't connect to my Wifi unless I root it which I'm not doing.

Has anybody else had this bug and did they come across a way to sort it out? Would it be likely that a replacement Z2 would have the same issue? (basically is it a hardware failure or a software failure?)

Hmm. Never had a problem with WiFi connection on Z neither Z2 but I don't use wifi that much actually.
WiFi is a very annoying thing I must say.
a w a r e
drinki
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2014-05-26 11:09

On 2014-05-26 08:29:59, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

Problem should be your WiFi, not Z2.

Check wifi security - if it's WEP change it to WPA or WPA2 (preferably, as it's more secure)

Change the wifi channel on the router ( If many of your neighbours use the same channel, you can go to your router and change your's to a different one etc)

Reboot the router

Hope this helps.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 99100101 ... 130131132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic