Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z2

Previous  123 ... 979899 ... 130131132  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z2
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 04:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It's bullsh*t to deny the biases of reviewers.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 04:29

On 2014-05-22 12:57:53, idumbakumar wrote:
@Muhammad-Oli
congrats for your new phone what color is yours.. is it confortable to hold and use?

i have ordered Black one. waiting for to get my hands on.. to be honest i dont expect a screen anything bigger the 5"
4.8-5" is my preference.. but having used G2 its very narrow bezel satisfied me with the comfortability
i wish Xperia should get the thinner bezels. not necessarily ultra thin. but has to balance between holding comfort and the size.
l will post my experience once i get it.

Thanks mate, mine is a black one. To me, the white seems a bit too feminine.

It's a large phone for sure, but I don't think it's too large to be comfortable. If anything it just seems impressive every time I take it from my pocket! I would say it is a little slippery though so a case would come in handy.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 06:44

On 2014-05-23 00:00:47, josephnero wrote:
I apologize everyone too i went off topic but had to.many of my average Joe friends decide against buying a product(not just phones)because of negative comments they see on Amazon etc etc

You didn't complain even a bit when DxO rated the Xperia Z2 camera better than the 808PureView when we ALL know that the Z2 isn't anywhere close to being better, yet you cry foul whenever a Samsung is given a good review and you're happy to take it as fact if the review is negative.

Thanks for proving us right.

Cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2014-05-23 05:45 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 07:38
I like trains.
ZappyDen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 08:37

On 2014-05-23 06:44:17, Tsepz_GP wrote:

You didn't complain even a bit when DxO rated the Xperia Z2 camera better than the 808PureView when we ALL know that the Z2 isn't anywhere close to being better, yet you cry foul whenever a Samsung is given a good review and you're happy to take it as fact if the review is negative.

Thanks for proving us right.

Cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2014-05-23 05:45 ]

Really???? DXOmark is really trusted for photography
If z2 is best then it does not mean that Dxo is being paid
They did the testing on overall camera
Not only for stills
They do combine the score of stills and videos
If you check score individually then 808 beats z2 whereas in some areas z2 beats 808 too
And specially in Video department
They do camera testing in various conditions and Sony really does not make False claims
Why really no one complains white balance issues and fake colours of lumia 1020??
Is the clearity only important???
NO a big No
So here comes DXO which tests Camera quality in every aspect ,not only clearity
But then if sony beats nokia then u call it Spam and Paid
But image quaity is being tested in all aspects and in all departments
Wether it is autofocus..white balance..iso..etc etc etc
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 10:04
^ditto

+

well, photo quality assessment can be subjective. color assessment is not.
when it comes to displays, a green grey is certainly not grey. similarly, a greenish or bluish white is certainly not pure white. that's not something we can argue on. we all have eyes capable of seeing the differences.

it's displaymate's claim that the s5 display is color accurate that irks people. how can they say it's color accurate when the greys don't look grey?

however, we can't deny that the new generation of amoleds is really impressive in terms of brightness. i just hope this brightness does not take it toll on useful life. OLEDs degrade more quickly when they are set to produce high levels of brightness. hopefully, somebody would be kind enough to measure their AMOLED display brightness 1 or 2 years later.
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 11:32

On 2014-05-23 04:29:36, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

On 2014-05-22 12:57:53, idumbakumar wrote:
@Muhammad-Oli
congrats for your new phone what color is yours.. is it confortable to hold and use?

i have ordered Black one. waiting for to get my hands on.. to be honest i dont expect a screen anything bigger the 5"
4.8-5" is my preference.. but having used G2 its very narrow bezel satisfied me with the comfortability
i wish Xperia should get the thinner bezels. not necessarily ultra thin. but has to balance between holding comfort and the size.
l will post my experience once i get it.

Thanks mate, mine is a black one. To me, the white seems a bit too feminine.

It's a large phone for sure, but I don't think it's too large to be comfortable. If anything it just seems impressive every time I take it from my pocket! I would say it is a little slippery though so a case would come in handy.

i got my phone today. Black color...wow i really like it.. there's no much difference from Z1 by looking outer shell.. but there are lot inside.
1.the device is slimmer. feels great on hands.. but the device is taller. i am ok with it. overall no issues in handling
2. quickly checked the sound from the stereo speakers. its awsome.. i really like the sound.. i played with xloud enabled. the volume levels are higher than any normal phone out there. its not powerful as Htc one M8 though.. but honestly u dont need that much volume..i yet to check the ringing volume. with device waterproof the sound is fantastic.
3. headphone volumes are very much fine.. i used NC headset. u need more volume only when u want damage ur ears..
seriously the sound is impressive. so dont believe if anyone complaints about the headset volume.
4. yet to test the camera
5. my device doesnot have any gaps
6. but the camera is very very slightly off centered when u look at closely. but no issues when taking photos.
7.about display.. its good.. so finally SONY sorted the angle problems. the brightness is well enough.. no complaints.. colots are nicely saturated. i will post a comparison with LG G2 and later HTC on M8. so its the one of the best display available.

only thing SONY missing is IR blaster.. currently i am using G2 which has IR. i use everyday to control my TV.
these are all my personal opinions so if anyone buying based on my comments i will not take the blames..
the reason i went to Sony is
1. Stereo speakers and good camera,
2. design. always Sony does good job. its distinct from other phones. i didnt like the S5 boring look, but i like Htc one but bad camera.
3. good display, now sony brough a good display
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 12:25
got my htc m8 just 2 weeks ago and now i'm facing the offer from a close friend to exchange it for his NEW Z2 he got for free from his operator...i'm reeeeaaaalllly thinking about this one, the M8 really grew on me
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 12:48

On 2014-05-23 12:25:07, alexander87 wrote:
got my htc m8 just 2 weeks ago and now i'm facing the offer from a close friend to exchange it for his NEW Z2 he got for free from his operator...i'm reeeeaaaalllly thinking about this one, the M8 really grew on me

@alexander87
your phone model shows Z2,, so do u like to go with Z2?
[ This Message was edited by: idumbakumar on 2014-05-23 11:51 ]
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 13:16

On 2014-05-23 12:48:34, idumbakumar wrote:

@alexander87
your phone model shows Z2,, so do u like to go with Z2?
[ This Message was edited by: idumbakumar on 2014-05-23 11:51 ]

it's the Z Ultra which I had previous to the M8.
i'm just really considering the exchange. what I really MISS going to HTC's sense is the sony media apps, to me...nothing comes close to Walkman and Album apps from sony, sense has some idiotic/weird stuff in their interface, plus fewer customization possibilities when compared to xperia ui
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-23 13:33

Take it!
a w a r e
ZappyDen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 13:39

it's the Z Ultra which I had previous to the M8.
i'm just really considering the exchange. what I really MISS going to HTC's sense is the sony media apps, to me...nothing comes close to Walkman and Album apps from sony, sense has some idiotic/weird stuff in their interface, plus fewer customization possibilities when compared to xperia ui

Just a off-topic question
I am sorry to ask here
But can u please tell me does Xperia Z ultra has a better display than Htc One m8???
In a single line please can u tell me??
I really want that
And sorry for off-topic question guys
Please can u tell me??
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-23 13:52
Manual 8mpx.

Original

Original

Original

Original

Original

Original

Original
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2014-05-23 12:53 ]
a w a r e
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 14:00
^Now those are nice shots!
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-23 14:01
nics pics Doministry

Guys. so the problem solved. now we can get the both speakers work for the ringing and notification, follow this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2758189

but i expect Sony to release a software update to fix this behavior
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 979899 ... 130131132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic