Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung details plans for 4K phones, own 64-bit processor for 2014-15

Author Samsung details plans for 4K phones, own 64-bit processor for 2014-15
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-11-06 18:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

"Samsung has detailed its plans for the near future and they include even higher resolution phones and the development of its own custom processor core, a move similar to what Apple is doing with the Cyclone processing core in its latest iPhone 5s and iPads. The news come straight from the horse’s mouth from Samsung’s Analyst Day event in Korea.

Screens are of course where Samsung’s strength is. The Korean company is drawing a picture of the future where we could have devices with even sharper displays. If all goes as planned, Samsung might release smartphones with a 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution and pixel density reaching an impressive 560ppi.

4K Ultra HD resolution phones are the next step that could come as soon as in 2015. In sheer numbers, we’re looking at future devices with 3840 x 2160 pixel displays. Just imagine this on a smartphone, pixel density on a screen the size of today’s smartphones would reach over 800ppi.

The other big thing that Samsung is working on is its own ARM-based processor core. Samsung will obviously continue on relying on Qualcomm’s chip in the near future, but it is also developing its own core, much like Apple has done with the Apple A7.

We have already heard about Samsung’s plans for truly flexible phones (not just curved or bendable) phones in the near future."

Source
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-06 19:41
2015, just in time for my next phone.
xdomino996
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-11-06 20:06
This is stupid . WQHD/4K kill GPU and battery.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-11-06 21:07
^
I remember reading similar comments about HD1080P displays, yet nobody seems to be complaining now...

My GS4 with HD1080P display easily outlasts my old GS3 with HD720P display which easily outlasts my GS2 with its WVGA display and so on, as long as the manufacturer fits a correctly sized battery and optimizes the SW for the HW well, the battery and GPU should be fine, Samsung have especially done this well hence why their Androids tend to perform the best relative to competition.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-11-06 20:17 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
StanNoftsger
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-29 08:58
The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wifi blocker as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-29 10:19
although this is probably the natural development of the smartphone I cant help but think 4K on a mobile phone is a bit of an overkill yes all brands love to boast about numbers ie 41MP sensor, 64GB storage, 440 PPI and so on these are all numbers to make customers go WOW and in truth it works there is no doubt about it. The one thing all brands should focus on is battery life its all good and well have power management sowftware and high MAH batteries but at the end of the day most of us still need to charge them on a nightly basis this is the thing in the mobile industry I feel needs to develop and fast and 4K screens will only be even more of a massive power drain. The average 5" 1080p display of 440 PPI will have a 3000 MAH battery what will a 5" 4K display need maybe a 4000MAH battery plus kenetic charging, solar power, better range of wireless charging who knows either way this needs to improve and fast.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2013-11-29 09:33 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-11-29 11:03
On the Note 3 using 4K video thought I would try it out forgetting my pc is rather basic and I haven't got a graphics card so it played really slow. All this tech is great but I think Samsung maybe needs to slow down a little bit. Battery tech needs to be improved in my view first as even the Note 3 battery doesn't last all that long with heavy usage like I do. We're still using the same battery tech we did years ago and it hasn't changed with the new technology much. Think manufacturers need to focus also more on innovation like smarter and better ways to use our phones not who does 4K video first etc. And unless you have a 4K tv there's no need or plan to record professional shoots.

Samsung Galaxy Note III
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-11-29 10:05 ]
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-01-27 09:30
4k! phew. Does today's 720P screen with the same tech as the 1080P screens perform the same,as in with the same tech does the higher resolution make a huge difference in such small screens?
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
DamionLiu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-27 08:30
As you know that the mobile phone signal jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile phone jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced 433mhz jammer http://www.jammerfromchina.com has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the jammer product.
[ This Message was edited by: DamionLiu on 2014-03-01 10:25 ]
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2014-02-27 10:58
Ok, here's the main reason why 4K on a phone is useless. The stuff You browse on the internet, is mainly optimized for 720p. Take even that image from Samsung, it's resolution is 560x330. Ridiculously small. But it's okay to view it on a 1080p 24" monitor. On a 1080p 5" phone, it gets a little annoying. Now imagine a 4K display phone. It has no sense at all, even if they manage to maintain long battery life, it will be useless for browsing content on web.

Here's a little image to show you what I mean. It shows how a full size image from Samsung would look on different screen resolution, but same size 5.2".

Dozedilitry
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2020-01-06 09:46
Lots of people are complaining every day that their privacy is broken and nothing they do can be hidden from other people and various spying organizations, such as NSA or other government departments. The most dangerous device that can be used for tracking, eavesdropping, which gathers tons of your specific data such as login/passwords, emails and your contacts is your smart phone. – No matter who is the manufacturer and which mobile OS it is running on. It’s a fact to most people that one device has all the data on you – that is why we say modern smartphones are potentially very “dangerous” though they bring you great convenience at the same time. Such data includes your personal information, your current coordinates, your friends, even your company’s business data and so on. Cell phone signal jamming devices https://www.jammer2uk.com/ can help protect your own privacy without harming/influencing other people.
[ This Message was edited by: Dozedilitry on 2020-01-06 08:49 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi