Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 399400401 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-11-18 17:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm still puzzled why Sony has decided to develop a smaller sensor, instead of keeping the current sensor and just adding phase detection to that. There will also be a 16MP version of the sensor, wonder if the lower megapixel count would be better for lower light and noise.

Would be nice to see this in the Z4, hopefully the camera team will also help out with the software.

I noticed this in the press release

This is the industry's first CMOS image sensor for smartphones to be equipped with an onboard image plane phase detection AF signal processing function to achieve excellent focus tracking of fast-moving subjects

Didn't the S5 camera have phase detection? Unless this is not a CMOS sensor?
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-11-18 19:11
It's the world's first "stacked" sensor that has phase detection AF built into the circuitry of the sensor, from what I've been reading Samsung's Isocell is indeed a CMOS sensor but isn't stacked like Sony's and may use the CPU to help with the auto focus just like how Apple do with the iPhone 6.

http://appleinsider.com/artic[....]th-4k-video-phase-detection-af
[ This Message was edited by: on 2014-11-18 18:14 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-11-18 22:55
Surprise!
Sony rumour thread 2015 will be here soon.
I am confident that itsjustJOH will do a great job.
rency0722
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-11-18 23:47
I knew it would be releasing the Z4 with Phase Detection Autofocus. Now, the only thing missing is Sony's Optical Steadyshot for mobile.

New topic: It seems Sony released a new headphone, the MDR-1ADAC. Tagged as the headphone with built-in USB DAC, this would be an additive to Sony's growing High Resolution Audio marketing on Xperia phones. It has a built-in S-Master HX Amplifier, so it means it can now be incorporated into other gadgets just like Xperia phones.

The challenge here for Sony is that, to introduce the microUSB port fully waterproof. With this, we can now use the USB port for listening Hi-Res Audio of up to 24-bit, which is also supported on the upcoming Android 5.0.
Sony Ericsson T68i > Motorola C139 > Nokia 3530 > Nokia 2310 > Sony Ericsson K850i Cyber-Shot™ > Sony Ericsson W300 Walkman™ > Sony Ericsson Xperia™ Arc
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-11-18 23:55

On 2014-11-18 22:55:03, hihihans wrote:
Surprise!
Sony rumour thread 2015 will be here soon.
I am confident that itsjustJOH will do a great job.

Congrats and good luck itsjustJOH

On 2014-11-18 23:47:51, rency0722 wrote:
New topic: It seems Sony released a new headphone, the MDR-1ADAC. Tagged as the headphone with built-in USB DAC, this would be an additive to Sony's growing High Resolution Audio marketing on Xperia phones. It has a built-in S-Master HX Amplifier, so it means it can now be incorporated into other gadgets just like Xperia phones.

The challenge here for Sony is that, to introduce the microUSB port fully waterproof. With this, we can now use the USB port for listening Hi-Res Audio of up to 24-bit, which is also supported on the upcoming Android 5.0.

Yes I was just reading this on Qobuz. Nice to see them pushing Hi Res audio even more.
[ This Message was edited by: on 2014-11-18 22:57 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-11-19 06:36

On 2014-11-18 23:47:51, rency0722 wrote:

That headphone, it uses the new USB Type-C port as well as the widely used microUSB port.. They mention that the microUSB is for PC & charge... wondering if Z4 will also use this Type-C...

and BTW, the latest rumours suggest that Z4 will have an exposed USB port with no flap.

EDIT:
in the detailed spec. page..
What's In The Box :
Carring Pouch
Headphone cable (1.2 m),Exclusive Lightning cable (1.2 m),Digital cable for Walkman® (1.2 m),Digital cable for Xperia (1.2 m)
USB Cable
Warranty Card

My guess about the weird cables...
Headphone cable : a standard 3.5 male audio cable in both ends.
Exclusive Lightning cable : Apple's Lightning on side ( for iDevice ) and Type-C on the other side ( for headphone )
Digital Cable for walkman : standard microUSB on one side ( for Walkman ) and Type-C on the other ( for headphone )
Digital Cable for Xperia : standard Type-C on both sides...

as why they will make two cables one for walkman and the other for Xperia... we know that current Walkmans only uses microUSB... and Sony will soon introduce new Xperia phones which might use the new Type-C
[ This Message was edited by: on 2014-11-19 05:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2014-11-19 05:47 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-11-19 13:24
Xajel no Walkman has a standard microUSB except some older E series Walkmans but they were low end devices.

All current Walkmans have the WM-port to USB.

So unless Sony adds type C on future walkmans, there will always be a dedicated cable for the walkman.

I am contemplating whether to buy the MDR-1ADAC or something smaller, the new XBA-A2, which I would have to import. The larger headphones would be more expensive though.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-11-19 17:14

On 2014-11-18 13:58:49, Xajel wrote:

On 2014-11-18 05:34:32, supercoolman wrote:
why don't you complain about US Verizon and T-Mobile's own version of XPERIA? besides, no one is stopping you from buying XPERIA with different specs

Because carriers now has the power to control what they want, if Sony was as powerful as Apple, then they will set their own spec for them.

@All,

Type C USB Port products started.. with Nokia N1: a 7.9" Android 5.0 tablet with Intel 64-bit processor, 2K display, 2GB RAM & 32GB ROM

http://n1.nokia.com/

your reply is contradicting your original post.
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2014-11-19 21:35
I really hope for USB 3 or 3.1 Type C for the Xperia Z4.

We need some solid new rumors for the new thread!
Nodar bring it on!!!
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-11-20 01:38
Front camera - 5MP
NO
Zuckabaecka
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-11-20 07:07
The only thing I need in addition to Z3 is a better camera.
And the compact Version with a slightly better screen and better SAR-numbers.
Ohhh...and of course a UI-refresh.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-11-20 09:45
Although there is no doubt that is a Sony Xperia device I do doubt it's the new Ultra based on a few things I can see in the photo.

The side bezels are just too big for a flagship Sony. They trimmed the side bezels quiet a bit in 2014.

Either that blokes had is massive or that isn't a 5.9" display.

Rumours did say Sony will move away from port covers in next year's flagship products (one is clearly visible)

I think this maybe a large screen mid ranger but it is very hard to tell.

I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-11-20 10:26
I agree with @XperiaJunknie, this doesn't seems to be an Ultra... if it's Ultra, then that guy has a monster hand !!
huiyi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-11-20 10:47

On 2014-11-20 09:45:43, XperiaJunkie wrote:
Although there is no doubt that is a Sony Xperia device I do doubt it's the new Ultra based on a few things I can see in the photo.

The side bezels are just too big for a flagship Sony. They trimmed the side bezels quiet a bit in 2014.

Either that blokes had is massive or that isn't a 5.9" display.

Rumours did say Sony will move away from port covers in next year's flagship products (one is clearly visible)

I think this maybe a large screen mid ranger but it is very hard to tell.

This is false without this cell phone plans! !

maloqs
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2014-11-20 10:56
Completely a hoax,it is t2 ultra.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 399400401 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic