Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014

Previous  123 ... 384385386 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-10-28 14:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I remember these supposed advantages: thinner camera module since it fewer lenses will be needed to correct distortions, around 3x greater light sensitivity on the sides and corners of the sensor, and a bit of enhanced sensitivity at the center.

I don't remember any promise of better image quality. I just wish we could get samples of that weird perfume bottle shaped selfie camera released recently.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-10-28 14:08
The curved sensor should mean fewer lens components are needed and therefore will potentially be thinner.

This in turn means that the sensor could either be placed behind the screen for the same thickness of phone or (more likely) the handset on the whole could be thinner.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-28 14:22
@miromiromi

Even if the sensor was better, Sony will need some time to master the software, same as when the first launched the 20.7 MP sensor... it was worse and some people hated it actually.. but after few updates ( and phones also ) the software matured enough and quality jumped
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-10-28 14:23
They are just going to waste their good hardware if they still can't figure out their software.

Here's a very technical view from an XDA member on why Sony's 20 MP Xperia is just ON PAR with an iPhone.

Comparison: iPhone5 vs Z3

[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2014-10-28 13:24 ]
testarlol
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 06:23

On 2014-10-25 23:52:21, Hilmawan wrote:
New display prototype from JDI.
http://www.j-display.com/english/news/2014/20141023.html

More LCD garbage. The way things are going display-wise my Xperia Z1 Compact will probably be my last Sony phone. The Google Nexus 6 looks great.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 06:58
I would have to disagree there. Sony's image processing has improved by leaps and bounds with the Xperia Z3 and GSMArena photo compare tool does show that very well. I do not think there is any other Android device out there right now that can beat the Z3 camera, including the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
testarlol
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 07:57
I found a very interesting post regarding the Z3X on the Weibo page of "itlao9", who appears to have sources close to him working at Sony.

索尼Z3X今年不会上市,目前仅是概念阶段,屏幕和相机CMOS都未能足够的量产。即便明年中期推出,也算得上旗舰手机。
9 -30 17:09 来自 微博 weibo.com

Translates to:

Sony Z3X not be listed this year, is currently only a concept stage, screen and camera CMOS failed sufficient volume production. Even mid-launched next year, is also regarded as the flagship phone.

Link: http://weibo.com/5284920182/B[....]r=6&mod=weibotime&type=comment (reguires Weibo-login)

There is also info about the Z4:

根据我索尼工作的朋友透露,索尼Z4已经在研发中,会采用2K分辨率屏幕。其他配置本博会持续曝光![汗]Z4屏幕很大...
9 -28 09:55 来自 微博 weibo.com

Translates to:

Based on my work friend said Sony, Sony Z4 has been in research and development, will use 2K resolution screen. Other configurations of the Fair continued exposure! Great [Khan] Z4 screen ...

Link: http://weibo.com/5284920182/B[....]82_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 08:26
@itsjustOH I agree with you. The pics that were taken using Xperia Z3 could be way better. I am not really sure why Sony cant seem to get their camera software right even though they managed to port steadyshot software properly to android. I really hope that Android 5.0 update comes with solutions to the following camera issues that plaguing Z1-Z3 phones:
- slow auto-focus
- over-exposure and inaccurate white balance
- over-processing of photos and videos
- poor HDR and panorama modes
- laggy AR/creative effects software
- poor stereo audio recording
I think Sony's camera sensors, especially the ones found on Z3 and Z3 compact, are really capable. It seems maybe their software engineers have not had much time in perfecting the the Z-series' camera software as the changes in Sony Mobile are going too fast, like Sony buying Ericsson's stake to get full ownership of SE and pressure to produce phones quickly. I hope Sony was just setting up the foundations for their Mobile division and was catching up on features that their top tier phones were lacking. If you look at the software features that Sony's android phones have now, they can match or even exceed what the competition has to offer. I really hope that next year when android 5.0 comes to Z-series, we can finally see the true capability of the hardware inside the Z flagship phones!
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 10:49
I think you just got 2 points right, that being the panorama mode and hdr modes, did you use a late xperia model?

Their white balance setup is spot on and no over exposure either, poor stereo audio? Z3 is way better in this department, the Z2 is kinda bad at it atm...use, analyse by yourself = then draw conclusions. don't just use the internet.

btw if someone wants a comparison between i6 and Z2 on photos, lemme know! I have both sitting on my table atm.
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 11:29
I feel that one of the main reasons is the bad-reputation idea of two-flagships per year, Sony will not have enough time to focus on one device as the engineers will need to work on another device... cutting the time left for optimising and perfecting the software...

having only few flagships with the exact same hardware, and now with the same kernel also will give the engineers the required time to work more on the software side... having one platform to serve multiple markets is very nice.. the compact, normal, tablet compact and tablet ( and also we might want to add the ultra ) all are wonderful devices and very similar in hardware so Sony can use one kernel and almost the same software also for all.. this will make it faster and allow more time to work on the software side.
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 13:44

On 2014-10-29 07:57:31, testarlol wrote:
I found a very interesting post regarding the Z3X on the Weibo page of "itlao9", who appears to have sources close to him working at Sony.

索尼Z3X今年不会上市,目前仅是概念阶段,屏幕和相机CMOS都未能足够的量产。即便明年中期推出,也算得上旗舰手机。
9 -30 17:09 来自 微博 weibo.com

Translates to:

Sony Z3X not be listed this year, is currently only a concept stage, screen and camera CMOS failed sufficient volume production. Even mid-launched next year, is also regarded as the flagship phone.

Link: http://weibo.com/5284920182/B[....]r=6&mod=weibotime&type=comment (reguires Weibo-login)

There is also info about the Z4:

根据我索尼工作的朋友透露,索尼Z4已经在研发中,会采用2K分辨率屏幕。其他配置本博会持续曝光![汗]Z4屏幕很大...
9 -28 09:55 来自 微博 weibo.com

Translates to:

Based on my work friend said Sony, Sony Z4 has been in research and development, will use 2K resolution screen. Other configurations of the Fair continued exposure! Great [Khan] Z4 screen ...

Link: http://weibo.com/5284920182/B[....]82_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime

So Z3X is not for 2015? Did people ask anything about a phablet or such?
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 15:04

On 2014-10-29 08:26:11, rss_ndrsn wrote:
I am not really sure why Sony cant seem to get their camera software right even though they managed to port steadyshot software properly to android.

This has to do with their JPEG engine, it's also notorious on their top of the line ILC's....... Though their RAW are very nice due to their excellent sensors!
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 16:03
The main problem with their software is their denoising algorithm. If what I believe is true (refer to my last post), the software blurs out the color components (Cb and Cr) to hide the chroma noise and then (fake) sharpen the picture. That seems the case since the pictures from the unlocked bootloader has more details but with more noise, so their denoising algorithm might be protected by DRM as well as other things it seems (rooting degrades video and audio quality, enhancements like X-Reality and Clear Audio don't work, while some users also report PS4 remote play not functioning).

Perhaps now we know and they should as well that their software shows its weakness when used in smaller camera sensors. It could have been the reason why the Z took awful shots, they probably just slapped the software from their cameras thinking it would magically work. A lot of people say that they had improved the software since the Z, that seems the case but it's almost 2 years now and they are still behind considering their "camera expertise". It's a shame that a 20 MP camera is only comparable to an 8 MP camera.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 16:10
got to wait Android L update to see the real quality of the sensor then, since it suppose to support RAW.
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 16:59
I have faith in Sony's optical guys. They'll sort it out. Does anyone know if the guys working on the Xperia camera software are the same guys who do the software for the NEX and Alpha cameras? Maybe they're just not fully integrated yet. "One Sony" might still be a work in progress.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 384385386 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic