Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 380381382 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-21 11:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So we now knew something about Z4, even though we can't be sure of what we know but at least it's there

Any news about Z4 tablet ? Sony usually will put the same hardware on the tablet, so we can expect Snapdragon 810, 4GB RAM, 32GB internal, etc...
the only mysterious thing now is the display will it be same as Z4 or it will go higher...
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-21 11:06
I loved my silver Xperia P too, I got it over the S because of the metal body. I really liked the transparent strip but the LEDs were so weak for it to be a notification strip. I'd like to see something like that again.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-21 11:24
The only problem I saw with that design is the large gap under the screen, and the part below is almost empty, If the can make it smaller... a large notification bar is always a welcomed design idea, they just need to master how and where it is... Xperia S was such a unique device and I don't think Sony will try to re-introduce the design again, unless they will change it dramatically...
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-10-21 12:14
not Z4 ultra?
NO
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-21 15:11
^^^

There's no news about such a device, no news means we don't know any thing, it might exist and might not.

But from the discussions here a lot of peoples think that If there's really an Ultra, then it will not be announced in the next 2 shows ( Jan. and Feb. ) as if the current rumours are true regarding Sony dropping the 2 flagships per year then Sony will try to distribute the different segments flagships in the year in order to give each device it's own attention and focus, not to mention the continuity of sales along the year so they will have good numbers in each quarter report.

If this expectation is correct then the best timings will be

Q1 : Main flagship, and the main tablet ( like Z4 & Z4 Tablet )
Mid year : Maybe the phablet device ( like Z4 Ultra )
Q3 : Compact flagship and compact tablet ( like Z4 compact & Z4 tablet compact )

We just don't know, it's just speculations...
testarlol
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-21 16:09
With the rumors going around that the Z3X has been "cancelled" (or more likely never existed), does that mean we can say goodbye to the dream of an OLED Xperia? Not to mention one using Trimaster technology..
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-10-21 16:35
I love LCD screen and not OLED.............................
NO
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-10-21 16:48

On 2014-10-21 15:11:37, Xajel wrote:
^^^

There's no news about such a device, no news means we don't know any thing, it might exist and might not.

But from the discussions here a lot of peoples think that If there's really an Ultra, then it will not be announced in the next 2 shows ( Jan. and Feb. ) as if the current rumours are true regarding Sony dropping the 2 flagships per year then Sony will try to distribute the different segments flagships in the year in order to give each device it's own attention and focus, not to mention the continuity of sales along the year so they will have good numbers in each quarter report.

If this expectation is correct then the best timings will be

Q1 : Main flagship, and the main tablet ( like Z4 & Z4 Tablet )
Mid year : Maybe the phablet device ( like Z4 Ultra )
Q3 : Compact flagship and compact tablet ( like Z4 compact & Z4 tablet compact )

We just don't know, it's just speculations...

Well Z3 is already announced. I believe Z4 will be released at the next year's IFA event. Z3 Ultra or phablet whatever you wanna call it and Z3 Tablet will be announced in between. I am being the devil's advocate..
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-10-21 17:28
Phablet I can take or leave, Snapdragon 810 on the other hand... I want that bad boy.

If it will appear in a Sony handset 5"+ screen before mid-late March 2015 then I will close my eyes and hibernate to getme through.

Somebody please put a realistic XR rating on this.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-10-21 17:39

On 2014-10-21 17:28:26, Ricky D wrote:
Phablet I can take or leave, Snapdragon 810 on the other hand... I want that bad boy.

If it will appear in a Sony handset 5\"+ screen before mid-late March 2015 then I will close my eyes and hibernate to getme through.

Somebody please put a realistic XR rating on this.

XR4=Z4= S810,Adreno 430 4GB RAM, 22MP Camera 2/3 Sensor size, Curved Exmor RS Camera Sensor,2K Screen, Android 5.0, Dual Sim version, IP65/68, Omni-Balance design
XR3=5.5 inch screen and slim bezel
NO
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-10-21 17:39
@Ricky D I would probably put it at XR4 just because Sony are ditching the 6 month flagship option so they will want the latest CPU that will last the time till the next update a year or so later. I would also say the same about the Z4 using the new curved sensor as Sony have given up the exclusivity of the 1/2.3" sensor to other brands such as LG meaning they are moving on with newer tech but that is just an educated guess.

I would also expect the Z4 to launch at the start of Q2 2015 as MWC is from 2nd-5th of March which gives about a 3 to 4 week window which is about normal now for a flagship release.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2014-10-21 16:55 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-10-21 22:18

On 2014-10-21 16:48:30, xperiazultra wrote:

Well Z3 is already announced. I believe Z4 will be released at the next year's IFA event. Z3 Ultra or phablet whatever you wanna call it and Z3 Tablet will be announced in between. I am being the devil's advocate..

IFA is too late for the Z4, MWC 2015 is when the Z4 should arrive. There will be no Z3 tablet, it should be called the Z4 tablet to go with the same naming convention. IFA should bring the Z4 compact and Z4 tablet compact. This is all assuming Sony is moving to the 1 per year flagship. Any potential phablet might arrive either in between or at IFA.

On 2014-10-21 17:39:59, XperiaJunkie wrote:
@Ricky D I would probably put it at XR4 just because Sony are ditching the 6 month flagship option so they will want the latest CPU that will last the time till the next update a year or so later. I would also say the same about the Z4 using the new curved sensor as Sony have given up the exclusivity of the 1/2.3" sensor to other brands such as LG meaning they are moving on with newer tech but that is just an educated guess.

I would also expect the Z4 to launch at the start of Q2 2015 as MWC is from 2nd-5th of March which gives about a 3 to 4 week window which is about normal now for a flagship release.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2014-10-21 16:55 ]

Hmm does seem rather late for MWC, wonder why it was moved to March and not last week of February.

Ricky D makes a good point, Sony has begun selling the 20,7MP sensor to other brands and LG has developed a module with OIS as well.

http://www.digitalversus.com/[....]hone-camera-sensor-n36322.html

So I am hoping Sony steps up their game and does use the curved sensor and OIS. Would be nice for a late March or early April retail date for the Z4.
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-10-21 22:22

On 2014-10-21 06:36:44, evaleon wrote:

On 2014-10-20 18:37:59, Wintermute wrote:
On a side note, I must be one of the few pleased to see Sony retain the Omnibalance design. Of course no one wants the exact same design year after year, but I think it's so classy looking, and Sony has done a good job refining it in subtle but noticeable ways. Apple has their own sort of style, so I think it's smart for Sony to have a general sort of design philosophy that's immediately recognizable.

Agreed..Ok I am gonna contradict myself saying this but you are right omnibalance is unique, I can spot a Sony phone anywhere because of it.One of the most beautiful phones out there..but I was wishing for a black phone with golden metal highlights or something along those lines.. dreams dreams..

I'd love for Sony to become the anti-Apple: great designs and high quality, just like Apple, but non-proprietary accessories that work with any Android phone. Phones that make it easy to install an AOSP ROM if that's what the customer wants. I think they're heading this way, and I like it.

Amen to that bro!! +1

Yeap respect. Omnibalance is unique and classy. Not some teenager design language. Classy might be the word.
Tizzo
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2014-10-23 07:35
Sony exits low-end smartphone markets....
http://news.asiaone.com/news/[....]its-low-end-smartphone-markets

No more Loeb....
http://www.themalaymailonline[....]-by-us-billionaires-hedge-fund
[ This Message was edited by: Tizzo on 2014-10-23 06:37 ]
testarlol
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-23 23:00

On 2014-10-21 16:35:37, nodarsixar wrote:
I love LCD screen and not OLED.............................

Sony OLED and Samsung OLED are not the same though.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 380381382 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic