Previous  123 ... 363364365 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 21:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-09-23 19:53:20, Wintermute wrote:
I'm not sure I'd agree that Sony needs to compete with Apple.

How can you not compete with Apple?
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 22:05

I'm not sure I'd agree that Sony needs to compete with Apple. I think Google needs to compete with Apple, but as far as Sony is concerned, they're competing with other Android OEMs. The reason is because most people's first decision is the OS they want. When they want a new phone, they first decide whether they want an Android or iOS device, and only then do they start comparing different models. If this weren't true, HTC and Sony would be the top two manufacturers, since both companies produce nicer hardware than Apple (my opinion). I don't think Sony is going to sway many Apple customers to switch regardless of how nice their hardware is. It's up to Google to make Android the best, most attractive OS it can be, and to gain enough mindshare to start turning Apple users.

Google does compete with Apple, and they do so very well.. by using OEMs like Sony and Samsung of course
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 22:23
I see a lot of people with Z ultra too, the phone at 400-500 USD is basically nexus level of pricing except for its premium built quality and screen and high end Soc. If Sony is looking at the post price drop sales as a success, they know that the large screen phone market is there then that explain those T2 Ultra and crap that came out after in 6". They set a minimum profit margin and then they are the a phone around the price, thats why non of the new one have specs even comparable to Z Ultra. If they are going to build another Z ultra like high end phone, its almost guaranteed that they will compromise the camera or something again for extra profit, and the phone will still be expensive as well. Its Sony afterall, they want to be like Nintendo and apple, where profitability is their number 1 priority. 5"+ level seems to be the only class they can be competitive in pricing and specs. Unlike those chinese company, they rather go for lower sales and higher profit per unit than larger sales and lower profit per unit. With devices like One plus one and even nexus being around theres no room for their mid end to survive.
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 08:23

On 2014-09-23 21:58:05, -XYZ wrote:

Maybe try reading the rest of my post for the answer. It's in there.

But, in case you're too lazy, I'll spell it out again here: to make it very simple, you can TRY to compete with Apple, but as long as you're running Android, you're not doing it very effectively. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, those people who are looking to buy an Apple product are NOT looking at anything running Android. They exclude them at the very beginning when they decide they want iOS, or when they go with iOS because of all the money they've spent on iOS apps. A similar thing has prevented Microsoft from making any progress at all for the last 4 years with Windows Phone: it doesn't matter how good the hardware or software is, they just got in the game too late. By the time there was any decent WP hardware, everybody had already committed to either iOS or Android.
[ This Message was edited by: Wintermute on 2014-09-24 07:27 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 10:20

Don't think Sony has a chance with Apple, they are the first to have a curved LCD. Sony will definitely have to add bending technology to their next flagship, it is the only way to compete. Damn
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 10:51

On 2014-09-24 08:23:52, Wintermute wrote:

On 2014-09-23 21:58:05, -XYZ wrote:

Maybe try reading the rest of my post for the answer. It's in there.

But, in case you're too lazy, I'll spell it out again here: to make it very simple, you can TRY to compete with Apple, but as long as you're running Android, you're not doing it very effectively. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, those people who are looking to buy an Apple product are NOT looking at anything running Android. They exclude them at the very beginning when they decide they want iOS, or when they go with iOS because of all the money they've spent on iOS apps. A similar thing has prevented Microsoft from making any progress at all for the last 4 years with Windows Phone: it doesn't matter how good the hardware or software is, they just got in the game too late. By the time there was any decent WP hardware, everybody had already committed to either iOS or Android.
[ This Message was edited by: Wintermute on 2014-09-24 07:27 ]

When you compete with Apple, you become the top Android OEM. What is more to say?
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 11:19

On 2014-09-24 10:20:58, ascariss wrote:

Don't think Sony has a chance with Apple, they are the first to have a curved LCD. Sony will definitely have to add bending technology to their next flagship, it is the only way to compete. Damn

Lol. Shame the feature is ip6 and ip6+ exclusive.
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 12:04
it's really unfair that even apple is blatantly copying that feature from sony.

have they no shame?

this is really unacceptable! they even copied those rounded corners!

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-no-reason-claim-users_id51383

and of course i'm kidding.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-09-24 16:21 ]
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 12:37
Samsung payroll goons doing their thing.

Common sense tells you that there are some MURICA phat ppl placing their phone on the butt pocket, nothing more, heat is not an issue.
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 16:56
[quote]
On 2014-09-24 12:04:08, miromiromi wrote:
it's really unfair that even apple is blatantly copying that feature from sony.

have they no shame?

this is really unacceptable! they even copied those rounded corners!

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-no-reason-claim-users_id51383
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-09-24 11:06 ]

[/quote

One User states this. Funny actually. Evil forces trying to bend people's Sony phones. I would give it credit if it was seen on the majority of the handsets. Lame claim
u2jewel
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 19:00
OT, but was curious

I was watching the season premier of The Blacklist season 2, and the trend continues because I think I saw the Z3 in black. Once playing music on the table and the other time when the phone was handed over to the man on the stretcher.

Any other sony product placements I missed?

Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 19:49
My old Xperia Z1 that i sold to my cousin have almost 1 year now and it still perfectly straight.
Funny... I just saw that pic but a lot of complains about Z1... With the same pic
Are you nervous?
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 21:15
Metal is a largely malleable, inelastic substance. If left unreinforced, it will bend.
Plastic will flex in an elastic manner and return to its original shape. If flexed too far, it will break.

Physics.
iPhones being exceedingly thin, and with no internal reinforcements to speak of, will bend rather quickly.
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 22:10

On 2014-09-24 21:15:35, -XYZ wrote:
Metal is a largely malleable, inelastic substance. If left unreinforced, it will bend.
Plastic will flex in an elastic manner and return to its original shape. If flexed too far, it will break.

Physics.
iPhones being exceedingly thin, and with no internal reinforcements to speak of, will bend rather quickly.

As a metallurgist i agree. Apple should have reinforced it from the inside at least.
tors
Xperia Ray
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 22:14

On 2014-09-24 22:10:05, xperiazultra wrote:

On 2014-09-24 21:15:35, -XYZ wrote:

Physics.

As a metallurgist i agree. Apple should have reinforced it from the inside at least.

I agree with these Sony Xperia rumours
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 363364365 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic