Previous  123 ... 362363364 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 05:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-09-22 23:38:13, drsoran2 wrote:
Well, looking at the bad financial results which have been going on for years and are actually becoming worse, it is likely that Sony will leave Android in the foreseeable future. Maybe 1-2 years.

They are laying off people, again. They closed the Vaio division and may exist compact cameras. So there is evidence.

Therefore, it could be considered a rumor that this is going to happen.

Maybe not as strong a rumor than the Z4 specs or other rumors in the past, but it could become real - or not.

And therefore we could speculate about the preferred manufacturer next to Sony and find out if there is a consensus in the forum. Just as there is speculation about other rumors.

Streamlining ur product lineup and laying off unnecessary jobs does not mean EXITING a certain business...
They are doing it just to bring back Xperia to profits.
VAIO was altogether different thing, they had to spend a lot of money on R &D in return to nothing to very less profits. So it was better to be closed down.
If sony is indeed axing off cheap digital cameras than it only means that they will focus MORE and MORE on Xperia in future to compensate for lost sales of Digital cams
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 08:59

On 2014-09-23 01:52:57, Ebato wrote:
Samsung is doing the right thing associating their crappy Korean brand (and all Korean brands have the same aura around them by the way) with luxury brands, like their recent Mont Blanc partnership for cases and stylus. Sony, on the contrary is degrading their brand value by doing cheap stuff, which nobody buys anyway. So retreating from mid-range and focusing on high end, adopting WP, and improving on their material quality (more metal, better transferable international warranty etc) are the only things that are still doable to saver their full exodus from the mobile market.

Adopting WP will not save Sony. With such high losses now, adopting a platform with little market share doesn't make sense.
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-09-23 09:22
The right way to save the Xperia line is to come up with something like the ILCE line. So far, all Xperia Z series are more or less very very good smartphones, (similar to iphones), reliable, fashionable, but they are just missing the gimmiky factors. Take a look at the note edge, pointless, but at least its remarkable.

The last time Sony had a phone like this was the Pureness, still one of my favourite Xperias.

Glad that they are finally realizing that they are just competing with the cheap chinese phones (Motorola, One Plus, Meizu, HTC, ZTE) with their mid and low end phones. Sony does not have to be cheap to compete with them. This is Samsung and Lucky Goldstar's job.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 09:28
Again with this WP will save Sony ?

Android is still almost saving it ( they need to change their policy you know )...

If WP is the solution, then Nokia should be like the second Samsung now. but in the real world ?

Sony should change their policy in android devices... what I think will be good is to focus in few flagships with different segmentations ( compact, normal, compact tablet, normal tablet ) and some mid rangers with good pricing... focus here is also about software support which should take a refresh in terms of UI design, UI features, extra multimedia features ( like better audio, better camera, etc.. ) and I don't need to put faster software updates in the first place as this point is out of question.
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 10:29

On 2014-09-23 09:28:31, Xajel wrote:
Again with this WP will save Sony ?

Android is still almost saving it ( they need to change their policy you know )...

If WP is the solution, then Nokia should be like the second Samsung now. but in the real world ?

Sony should change their policy in android devices... what I think will be good is to focus in few flagships with different segmentations ( compact, normal, compact tablet, normal tablet ) and some mid rangers with good pricing... focus here is also about software support which should take a refresh in terms of UI design, UI features, extra multimedia features ( like better audio, better camera, etc.. ) and I don't need to put faster software updates in the first place as this point is out of question.

Do not leave out the phablet category. If Sony comes up with something great at the MWC/CES with the next ultra (or whatever it is going to be called) they would wipe the market of phablets. iPhone 6 Plus has nothing superior against android phablets. Great looking UI with the same smoothness and some phablet features and great imaging. There you go. You have great battery, great sound and good lookings and durability. Improve the others
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 13:55
@xperiazultra

I believe that do to the size of the main flagship, and the size of the compact tablet, it's a little bit hard to have a reason for one that is 2-3" larger or smaller between them, if they can master the compact tablet with good screen to device area ratio ( eg. less gaps while maintaining usability ) not to mention the radio part, then it will be enough, unless there will be a demand for such a device, and AFAIK the original Ultra did not gain enough demand to be a viable option.. I might be wrong and maybe Sony already planning a 6-6.5" phablet, but IMHO I can't get a reason for this ( in expatriates.com you can find tens of classifieds for peoples selling their Ultra's )

Not to say that I hate Ultra, I believe that every person have a reason to have a specific device, being a size or OS, every person will find what it suit's him. and there's a lot who loves their Ultra's... but are they enough ? we will now when Z4 will come ( thought Sony already skipped the Ultra for Z2 and Z3 )

@ALL

digitimes has some sources that claim Sony will focus on high-end phones afterward... which is already expected here by many of us esato'rs
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 15:36

On 2014-09-23 13:55:41, Xajel wrote:
@xperiazultra

I believe that do to the size of the main flagship, and the size of the compact tablet, it's a little bit hard to have a reason for one that is 2-3" larger or smaller between them, if they can master the compact tablet with good screen to device area ratio ( eg. less gaps while maintaining usability ) not to mention the radio part, then it will be enough, unless there will be a demand for such a device, and AFAIK the original Ultra did not gain enough demand to be a viable option.. I might be wrong and maybe Sony already planning a 6-6.5" phablet, but IMHO I can't get a reason for this ( in expatriates.com you can find tens of classifieds for peoples selling their Ultra's )

Not to say that I hate Ultra, I believe that every person have a reason to have a specific device, being a size or OS, every person will find what it suit's him. and there's a lot who loves their Ultra's... but are they enough ? we will now when Z4 will come ( thought Sony already skipped the Ultra for Z2 and Z3 )

@ALL

digitimes has some sources that claim Sony will focus on high-end phones afterward... which is already expected here by many of us esato'rs

IMHO Tablet Compact will be much worse than ultra line. If you differentiate your product like note series there are no reasons for it to be unsuccessful. It is not just matter of screen size, what is important is what you do with it. Eventhough it is important for me a lot of people (mainstream market) do not care if it is 6.2 inches or 5.9 inches. So I expect Sony to push its phablet hard with software tweaks. Great imaging capabilities and accessories. 6.4 inches is just way too big for considering as flagship phablet. 6" phablet with software tweaks, QHD display and Z3 like camera and sound could put Sony back in the game easily. By looking at the situation now I think phablet category is the most available one among others for Sony to compete in. Just needs to beat Note.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 15:52

On 2014-09-23 15:36:49, xperiazultra wrote:
Just needs to beat Note.

You're absolutely wrong. It needs to beat the Note and the iPhone 6+.
Not an easy task. Simply making a 6-inch Z3 isn't good enough.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 16:01
If Sony opts for super thin design again, then don't expect amazing imaging capabilities from the phablet.
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 16:26

On 2014-09-23 15:52:59, -XYZ wrote:

Just needs to beat Note.

ip6+ has no features making the big screen useful other than it is big. Note does that. That is the exact thing I've tried to state by saying what is important is what you do with the bigger screen. You must have software features supporting it (like the stylus, window splitting etc). I believe beating ip6, s5, g3, one m8 and the chinese manufacturers is a lot harder than beating note.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 16:36

On 2014-09-23 16:26:54, xperiazultra wrote:

Just needs to beat Note.

ip6+ has no features making the big screen useful other than it is big. Note does that.

Thing is, the iPhone 6+ has Apple's patented reality distortion field surrounding it. People will want one over a note simply because its an Apple product, and Apple products are cool.

Competing anywhere in this market is difficult. The only way you can combat this, is by making excellent phones, with excellent hardware and software and making sure they are available in all markets at a price that is both reasonable, but also capable of delivering a delicious, healthy profit margin.
Media have already been spreading buzz about the Z3 and Z3c's astonishing battery performance, and how it lasts longer than any iPhone. People will see this and some, who aren't entirely dependant on the Apple brand, may turn around and give it a look. But it needs to be available (particularly in the US) in a timely manner.
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 16:58

On 2014-09-23 16:36:16, -XYZ wrote:

On 2014-09-23 16:26:54, xperiazultra wrote:

Just needs to beat Note.

ip6+ has no features making the big screen useful other than it is big. Note does that.

Thing is, the iPhone 6+ has Apple's patented reality distortion field surrounding it. People will want one over a note simply because its an Apple product, and Apple products are cool.

Competing anywhere in this market is difficult. The only way you can combat this, is by making excellent phones, with excellent hardware and software and making sure they are available in all markets at a price that is both reasonable, but also capable of delivering a delicious, healthy profit margin.
Media have already been spreading buzz about the Z3 and Z3c's astonishing battery performance, and how it lasts longer than any iPhone. People will see this and some, who aren't entirely dependant on the Apple brand, may turn around and give it a look. But it needs to be available (particularly in the US) in a timely manner.

I agree. But you have to compete with Apple either way. I am trying to say is the phablet market is more available than others for Sony to make a big hit. Just my opinion. US market is crucial ofcourse apart from being big, all the big name media is there. So marketing without US is simply hard as hell. Well I will wait. But if I were to consider a normal sized phone 5-5.5 inches I would not pick Z3 in todays circumstances. By the way Sony should go with paypal too. Dominate the asian market with Samsung so that Apple pay does not succeed.
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 17:41

[ This Message was edited by: hihihans on 2014-09-23 16:44 ]
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-23 19:53
I'm not sure I'd agree that Sony needs to compete with Apple. I think Google needs to compete with Apple, but as far as Sony is concerned, they're competing with other Android OEMs. The reason is because most people's first decision is the OS they want. When they want a new phone, they first decide whether they want an Android or iOS device, and only then do they start comparing different models. If this weren't true, HTC and Sony would be the top two manufacturers, since both companies produce nicer hardware than Apple (my opinion). I don't think Sony is going to sway many Apple customers to switch regardless of how nice their hardware is. It's up to Google to make Android the best, most attractive OS it can be, and to gain enough mindshare to start turning Apple users.
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-09-23 20:20
Z Ultra is actually very successful here in Hong Kong after price drops. The current price is around €250, which is very well into the price of chinese manfacturers like redmi note. In fact, it is so popular, that I have seen Z Ultra more often than Note 3, or S5. This shows that if Sony could support these devices for a longer period instead of discontinuing it, they can easily make a profit out of that.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 362363364 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic