Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014

Previous  123 ... 359360361 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2014-09-18 20:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Samsung make it possible to have an QHD Screen with same battery and even slighty better batterylife than the predecessor! So there Samsung shows how it works!

Can you provide a link for the proper battery test that proves it? I don't mean some guy who says that battery life is very good without any numbers

zxcorr
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 03:15
Higher than 1080p is an overkill IMO. Most media are still between 720p and 1080p anyway.
Not only it is about battery consumption, but it's also about the media filesize.
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 03:48
Anything over 300ppi is overkill
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 04:41

On 2014-09-18 19:13:10, king-james wrote:
^
Samsung make it possible to have an QHD Screen with same battery and even slighty better batterylife than the predecessor! So there Samsung shows how it works!

To be honest, I think all Z2 users are angry about Sonys decision with the Z3... It's just a shame to show same device in other "cover". Wouldn't you all see a 5,5" QHD Display and the new Snapdragon S805 and a f***in real good cam in the Z3???!!! That is what I call an Upgrade!

Z3 for nothing. Z3C is okay. There I see it makes sense. But Z3, come on, for what the hell please??? It was more than time for Z3 Ultra!!!!!!!

SONY WAKE UP OR IS IT ALREADY TOO LATE?!

AGAIN NO COMPETITION TO THE NOTE 4 AND STILL S5 BETTER THAN Z3/Z2....

AND NO I AM NOT A SAMSUNG FANBOY, I AM FU***N CRAZY SONY FAN!!!!! I BUY ALL NEW DEVICES AND GET DISAPPOINTED...

I WISH I COULD LEAVE SONY BUT I CANT. MY HEART BLEEDS EVERYTIME. I'M INFECTED AND THERE IS NO MEDICINE FOR IT.
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2014-09-18 18:29 ]

Blah Blah Blah ...................
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 04:56

On 2014-09-18 18:50:55, admad wrote:
QHD is for dumb people, you gain nothing, and you loose battery life and performance, great deal...

I really hope that Z4 will have 1080p display, they could put those thin xenon flashes that were supposed to be available on the 2014. Now that would be hot feature, not some lame resolution.

And you will see SONY's market share tumbling down even more. You might be happy with a 1080P,i might be happy with it and many other SONY fans will be..but rest of the Android users will buy a S6 or G4 or M9 or whatever cause they have QHD's .People want new features & tech..they aren't going to spend big money on device which has lesser or older features that rest of the competition.
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 05:32
I feel sorry for Sony, now that the Z3 and Z3C are getting very very positive reviews, it's too bad they didn't get better carrier support earlier in the US (I remember some d!ckheads here belittling the US market before). I hope they still have time with the Z3 and Z3C.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 06:44

On 2014-09-19 04:56:43, Ranjith wrote:

QHD is for dumb people, you gain nothing, and you loose battery life and performance, great deal...

I really hope that Z4 will have 1080p display, they could put those thin xenon flashes that were supposed to be available on the 2014. Now that would be hot feature, not some lame resolution.

And you will see SONY's market share tumbling down even more. You might be happy with a 1080P,i might be happy with it and many other SONY fans will be..but rest of the Android users will buy a S6 or G4 or M9 or whatever cause they have QHD's .People want new features & tech..they aren't going to spend big money on device which has lesser or older features that rest of the competition.

The QHD argument reminds me of the 3.5mm headphone jack saga, when SE used their proprietary port, while the rest went 3.5. SE fans claimed to be happy with SE's port and didn't need a 3.5mm jack, of course when SE finally started using the jack the same fans praised them, not a single complaint, same with GPS in a phone, WiFi b/g/n etc...they claimed they didn't need them, when SE put them in they praised them, watch the same happen with a QHD display.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 07:03
I used to think anything over ~350 ppi was overkill, and then I got a Nexus 5, at 441 ppi, and.......it looked better. Maybe not by a huge margin, but I do think about 440 ppi is the sweet spot. You can still make out some pixels if you get really close, but you have to get so close that it becomes hard to even focus on the display.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 07:16
Being against qhd is being against natural evolution. its like denying human evolution.
maybe its not good with 801 and current android, etc. but you can't exclude it forever. with that, lack of qhd is not why sony don't sell as much as they could but lack of availability, marketing, non existence inside us carriers, not competitive low-mid range devices...

@Tsepz_GP
that proprietary SE connector was crap from the get go. i was complaining in SE forums about it a lot when i had my w800i back in 2005 i think. it took SE i think 4 years to realize that its crap. still a great device though.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-09-19 06:18 ]
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 07:39

On 2014-09-19 06:44:07, Tsepz_GP wrote:

The QHD argument reminds me of the 3.5mm headphone jack saga, when SE used their proprietary port, while the rest went 3.5. SE fans claimed to be happy with SE's port and didn't need a 3.5mm jack, of course when SE finally started using the jack the same fans praised them, not a single complaint, same with GPS in a phone, WiFi b/g/n etc...they claimed they didn't need them, when SE put them in they praised them, watch the same happen with a QHD display.

sounds like apple to me.
Zuckabaecka
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 08:26

On 2014-09-18 19:13:10, king-james wrote:
^

To be honest, I think all Z2 users are angry about Sonys decision with the Z3... It's just a shame to show same device in other "cover". Wouldn't you all see a 5,5" QHD Display and the new Snapdragon S805 and a f***in real good cam in the Z3???!!! That is what I call an Upgrade!

Z3 for nothing. Z3C is okay. There I see it makes sense. But Z3, come on, for what the hell please??? It was more than time for Z3 Ultra!!!!!!!

SONY WAKE UP OR IS IT ALREADY TOO LATE?!

AGAIN NO COMPETITION TO THE NOTE 4 AND STILL S5 BETTER THAN Z3/Z2....

AND NO I AM NOT A SAMSUNG FANBOY, I AM FU***N CRAZY SONY FAN!!!!! I BUY ALL NEW DEVICES AND GET DISAPPOINTED...

I WISH I COULD LEAVE SONY BUT I CANT. MY HEART BLEEDS EVERYTIME. I'M INFECTED AND THERE IS NO MEDICINE FOR IT.
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2014-09-18 18:29 ]

Even if Samsung make it possible to have an QHD Screen with same batterylife.
I don't care because QHD is nothing than a bigger number on the spec sheet.
The Z3 can still compete with the smartphone elite and thats the idea.
Of course it would be great if Sony would improve more things but the strategy is little evolution twice a year.

For the future I would like to see four devices.
Rumors say that sony will focus on high end devices. So I would like to see
- 4.5" compact
- 5" Z
- 5.5" plus/grand/mega
- 6" ultra

This should deal with everybodys taste.
Zuckabaecka
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 08:30

On 2014-09-19 06:44:07, Tsepz_GP wrote:

I wanted the 3.5 jack and GPS and FullHD.
So, what now?

Also there were arguments for a 3.5 jack and GPS, while QHD has only (pls no "but the screen looks sharper") arguments against it.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 10:09
Sony will probably move to QHD in 2015 for the Z4, most likely all other companies will as well, so Sony will probably not want to be left behind.

If a manufacturer can deliver a QHD display that uses the same or less energy than a FullHD display, then fine but if the QHD screens will be less efficient and only bring higher PPI and not other benefits, in truth they are not necessary. This all comes down to battery tech which has lagged behind screen tech significantly. Doesn't matter in the end, as I said, MWC will probably be all about 810 and QHD.

I see Sony is trying to get in on the glass concept. I wear glasses on a daily basis, so most of these are out for me, unless they feature my prescription. Don't like google's approach to prescription, do not like their designs.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/[....]glass-sdk-and-dev-release-date
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 11:06

those are not comparable. one is about a widely used standard while the other is about bragging rights.

we can compare QHD to camera resolution. nokia introduced their 41MP monsters but did they sell well? sony's 20MP is regularly used for marketing but it's not doing enough to increase sales.

this also reminds me of MMS and video calling. mobile devices had to accommodate 3G and 4G speeds for MMS and video calls but look at what happened to them. they've been taken over by internet connectivity. wi-fi and messenger apps supplanted them.

i foresee the same happening to QHD. just look at apple. they stayed with their Retina resolution but have decided to go for bigger displays. apple is enjoying great sales. foldable or rollable displays make more sense.

if your concern is sony being able to sell, the problem is not about the specs anymore. the z3 seems enough now—excellent battery, manageable footprint, dust and waterproof, great display, and internals that can go toe-to-toe with what the competition has to offer.

the problem with sony is marketing and putting their devices on carriers. in japan, sony is still doing well despite the not so favorable sentiment of japanese to the sony brand (saw it in a documentary before) because they have the support of carriers and they are submitting to carriers' demand for 2 new devices per year.

also, sony should consider producing products that leave a mark instead of offering too many devices that are markedly uglier than the flagship and mid-range models. their low end and mid-range offerings are leaving a bad impression to customers—poor display, bad cameras, awful designs (except for the omnibalance E2)
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-09-19 10:15 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-09-19 12:47
I think Sony is one step away from greatness. The Z3 is the best in it's class and I bet it'll top all benchmarks and tests. My Z1C at 720p is amazing in terms of performance and I salute Sony for using lower resolution screens because the real life benefits are massive. In order to achieve greatness they need a camera that is miles ahead of the rest in the same way the Nokia 808 and 1020 emerged. The camera performance made people forget about all the deficiencies whereas Sony has all the boxes ticked but for that stand-out camera. Making a good camera should not be a problem for Sony. One step away from a near perfect phone.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 359360361 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic