Previous  123 ... 317318319 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 14:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-08-21 12:18:23, xperiazultra wrote:
I disagree about the 5.8 inch Ultra line. Even the G3 is 5.5 now. 6-6.2 will be more like it. If you put the killer camera and improve on the whatever you like input method (stylus) there you go sony.

The problem with larger than 6" is that most peoples are considering this as too large for a phone, they sure want a larger phone but not that large, and it will be closer to the Z3 compact size also ( 8" )...

Personnaly I feel that 5-5.3" are the good size for a high-end flagship... and 5.7-5.9" are good size for a larger flagship, maximum is 6" but with slim side bezels ( as most peoples will work in landscape mode I think ) bottom and top bezels can be larger to hold the front facing stereo speakers and to have a grip for the phone also. a phone this size will depend on two hands for most of time so a grip is very important... but over sizing the bezels will just kill the phone as peoples will start looking into 7~8" tablets by that size
Tizzo
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 15:01
http://www.gsmarena.com/tenaa[....]_xperia_z3_specs-news-9417.php

Surely there must be some unique new feature over the Z2 to warrant an upgrade?
[ This Message was edited by: Tizzo on 2014-08-21 14:10 ]
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 15:01
Well I have been using Z ultra for a while now. And I agree that this phone is gigantic. But 6 inch could be the sweet spot. Think about a 5 inch phone and a 6 inch phone how they really differ. There is the same difference between 6 inch phone and a 7 inch tablet. I think lumia 1520 has the maximum usable screen size. So I would vote for 6 inches and top bottom bezels must stay for front speakers and a place to hold. Thickness should be kept at most 7 mm so you don't have a big brick. I think these specs we discuss are not impossible to make. iPhone did it back then and they are still gathering the bonuses. 5.3 inch flagship and a 4.5 compact is great. Hope someone from Sony reads these comments. Thanks guys.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 15:20
I too would vote for 6 inches- i had Note 3 which is 5.7 and I have Lumia 1520 which is 6 inches - and i wouldn't go any larger than that. 6.44 on Ultra is good however it is too difficult to handle it/carry it around- it is more like a small tablet to me
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 15:33
I'm sure Z3C won't beat Alpha. Better HW doesn't mean better automatic...

Alpha has a nice display, good camera, better than expected battery, powerful cpu, all in a slim compact metal body. That's what I want from Sony!

Check GSMarena Review:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_alpha-review-1118.php

like.no.other
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 15:57
^ battery life is not that good compared to Z1c. Z3c will probably have better stereo sound, much better battery, perhaps better camera, more Ram, IP rating. Galaxy Alpha only has better cpu and perhaps better screen only
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2014-08-21 15:08 ]
XperiaCute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 16:32

On 2014-08-21 15:57:44, kurtdean wrote:
^ battery life is not that good compared to Z1c. Z3c will probably have better stereo sound, much better battery, perhaps better camera, more Ram, IP rating. Galaxy Alpha only has better cpu and perhaps better screen only
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2014-08-21 15:08 ]

I'm sure Xperia Z3C would be better than Alpha in every aspect except for the screen contrast ratio

>
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 16:36
@king-james
I don't see how alpha is superior to z1c or upcoming z3c overall unless you have specific personal preference if you like samsung software, you like its design, etc. if i were to buy a c flag for the next few years i'd put my money on z1c for almost half the price of alpha or wait for z3c. alpha seems like a good phone but is not a true c flag. no micro sd slot, no premium design (most of the phone is plastic), no certification, weaker battery, no mhl.

about display size, imo, 4.7>5.5>6.0 is good.
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 16:40
on the contrast ratio topic...

i'm really wondering why gsmarena insists that the super amoled display has an "infinity" contrast ratio when samsung only advertises 1:100,000.

does gsmarena actually does the test or they're simply assuming that because it's amoled the the divisor will automatically be zero? don't they realize that even when those OLED pixels are turned off, they still illuminate slightly because of the reflecting ambient lighting or the light that may bleed from the adjacent pixels? surely, it's impossible to have 0 brightness on one pixel because they cannot simply absorb light that hit them. they will always reflect a part of the ambient light when it hits them.

anyway, galaxy alpha is definitely not better than even z1c based on that screenshot.
just look at the talk time. z1c can provide almost twice the talk time and more web browsing and video playback hours.

http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/re[....]t/xperia-z1compact-battery.jpg
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-08-21 15:44 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 17:04
The Alpha isn't meant to be better than the Z1c or Z3c, the Alpha has one phone in it's site, a phone that brings actual profit, billions of it to its company and that's the iPhone, you may compare the Alpha to the Z1c and Z3c until you are blue in the face, it will not win, it's not meant to. Samsung clearly don't see the Z1c or Z3c as a threat, they proved that when they launched the S5 Mini with a Snapdragon 400 and 1.5GB RAM and they proved that again with the Alpha coming at a higher price yet with no IP certification, no MicroSD slot and a metal rim, it's crystal clear what the Alpha is here for.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 17:15
@kurtdean
- What stereospeakers? Z2 stereospeakers are a joke! So what do you expect from a smaller coming device?
- More RAM? Isn't 2GB enough? What Do you want to do with a small device like this? 3GB are not necessary!
- Better battery than Alpha. Ok, thats true, but you must imagine, this Alpha has only 1860mAh battery. I can say for sure Sony wouldn't get such nice results with same battery! And dont forget the battery is removable. So you can take a second battery in your pocket!

@amirprog
We know already that the Z3C I call it ZIIIC will be more packed with latest things inside but thats not the point. The Alpha is not the competitor for the new Compact. If Samsung wanted they could easy kill Z3C. Till yet the Z1C was not a competitor. Even not for Samsungs smaller line up Mini. Samsung sells millions in double figures digits, Sony can dream for this for any device! Don't forget Samsung is always ready. And for what the hell you need MHL????

@Tsepz
Thanks!
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2014-08-21 16:37 ]
like.no.other
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 17:16
@Tsepz_GP
The discussion about alpha and compact is not about who will sell more. of course alpha will sell more as samsung are the best in marketing, but it is about which device is worth buying, is more premium, is a true flag. the answer is pretty clear.
@king-james
i wasn't not talking about which will sell more. why should i care about which device sell more when i go to buy a smartphone for the next few years? mhl, why not? it's a pretty cool option. of course i would never base my decision for this feature alone.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-08-21 16:18 ]
Hilmawan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 17:26
When it comes to iPhone i think it's also crystal clear that the Alpha or even the Note 4 won't do any damage to iPhone sales at least for now.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 17:33
@amirprog

Okay, but when I'm honest, IMO Z3C has only 3 advantages over the Alpha:

1. SD-slot
2. Bigger battery
3. Waterresistant

Alpha over Z3C:

1. slimmer & lighter -> better in hands
2. better display + gorilla glass
3. (better camera)
4. removable battery
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2014-08-21 16:38 ]
like.no.other
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 17:42
@Tsepz_GP I find your discussions to be invalid. Here we are discussing which phone will provide the consumer with better experience. Here's a forum for smartphone enthusiasts not share-holders, execs etc. As fars as I know. For consumers not having micro-SD slot, water resistance and cheaper build all coupled with higher price is considered a disadvantage.

@king-james I guess dragontrail glass is better than gorilla glass and it remains to be seen if Sony finally addressed their camera software.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 317318319 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic