Previous  123 ... 316317318 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-20 11:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@smclion was already posted yesterday by Tsepz_GP

And according to the roadmap production of Sd810 should start sometime between Q4-2014/ Q1-2015. H1 is more likely the point to see 810 devices hitting the shelves.
[ This Message was edited by: JohnnyNr.5 on 2014-08-20 10:11 ]
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-20 15:14
I believe that Sony will release the so-called Z3X and a successor to the Z Ultra at the MWC. Those 2 will include SD810 and better cameras. Sony is a fool if they ignore the Z ultra (phablet category). So imho first half maybe april of 2015 is the best time.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-20 17:56
the Z3X rumor specs sounded too good to be true, but I think sony opening up plans for trimaster OLED for mass production is teling us something. Also with the curve sensors being ready for mass production. I guess those will debut on a xperia device at some point.S810 readiness by Q1 next year is the biggest question. If its only become available in Q1, that doesn't give it a lot of time for mass production for a Q1 device. Unless Z3X get pushed back to Q2 or Q3, which they will loose lots of ground to Samsung and others already.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2014-08-20 19:22
WTF is this? C3 Ultra?

19.2MP shooter, with a 1/2.3 inch Exmor RS sensor

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]atures-rotating-camera_id59567
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2014-08-20 18:25 ]
like.no.other
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-20 19:42

On 2014-08-20 19:22:11, king-james wrote:
WTF is this? C3 Ultra?

19.2MP shooter, with a 1/2.3 inch Exmor RS sensor

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]atures-rotating-camera_id59567
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2014-08-20 18:25 ]

An unrelated compact camera
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-20 21:02
Nonetheless Z ultra is something that cannot be discontinued. They just need to market it better maybe business class. I really am disappointed. I mean everyone around thinks the same way. Looking at the sales numbers of a first gen handset with little marketing is silly. Comon Sony. Put the curved lenses on Z4 and make a z ultra with Z3 camera. Start teasing it so people will wait and not buy note 4. And launch it as soon as possible. I just can't see why they launch so many mid range phones. They are just so many.
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 01:59
They didn't launch too many mid-rangers IMO. Only M2, C3, T3, E1, T2 ultra this year? Nothing on the small side (E1 is for kids). I still think they need to launch more affordable handsets to appeal to more people. Lots of people just want a droid with a decent camera and facebook/whatsapp. Not everyone wants to shell out big bucks on expensive phones. I believe Sony had an excellent lineup last year, their short sales i think was mainly due to lack of marketing. In my country, Trinidad & Tobago, Samsung is EVERYWHERE; everyone and their grandma has a Samsung! Sony is not as popular as it is not marketed by our carriers much; it's mostly Samsung in the press, on tv, on billboards etc. I think with a lot more marketing effort, together with a harder push towards carriers picking up their phones & a wide handset range, plus reasonable prices, Sony will start to make more of a difference in the smartphone arena and sales will take off.
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-08-21 02:35
I still think they launched too many handsets. 2011 was pretty good, actually. The perfect number of devices.

As someone here mentioned (can't remember who, neither when), they should have the following:

Z line: Flagship, Ultra, Compact, Tablet, Tablet Compact (high end, same specs, just differences in camera, resolution, and sizes/batteries)
S line: Ultra and "normal" size. (Mid range, with Dual Models for each).
E line: Small and "normal" size. (Low end, also Dual models for each).

9 devices. Make all of them follow the same numbers (For example, for 2015, all models are x4).

Also, one of Sony's problems is price. Here in Brazil, the Moto G 4G costs R$ 799,00. It's competitor, Xperia M2, you can find for around the same price. Fair enough, but when you look down at its specs, except for the cameras, the Moto G is a better device for value.

But, well, it's all my opinion.
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
Tizzo
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 03:52
@Felimenta97

I totally agree with that outline...... Easy to understand and differentiate between devices.

Now if only SONY would implement a stratergy like that.
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 08:43
I am shocked. Can't Sony people see this? I mean just look at the iPhone.ıf you focus your energy into a single product then its a massive hit whether it deserves it or not. Less number of phones means more attention to the products. But seriously discontinuing ultra line? Why release Z2 if you could have made Z3? What has changed in 6 months? Big tech leap? I am starting to think Stephen Elop got a job at Sony mobile division or something.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 08:59
unfortunately, Sony mobile is run my dumb chimps that only think about Japan first then everything else second. Japan carriers ask for new devices every season.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 10:08

On 2014-08-21 08:43:50, xperiazultra wrote:
I am shocked. Can't Sony people see this? I mean just look at the iPhone.ıf you focus your energy into a single product then its a massive hit whether it deserves it or not. Less number of phones means more attention to the products. But seriously discontinuing ultra line? Why release Z2 if you could have made Z3? What has changed in 6 months? Big tech leap? I am starting to think Stephen Elop got a job at Sony mobile division or something.

I disagree,

Sony is not Apple, and Apple is not Sony, not to mention that iOS is not Android and vise-versa.

what helped Apple is the huge loyal fan base they have they just overwhelming every thing with that bitten apple logo on it, was good or not... they're marketing Apple products for free !!

Sony doesn't have this fan base, so the focus should be go for what customers want, Apple is doing what they want mainly... just now they started to listen a little bit duo to massive pressure from apple fans ( we want larger screens ) but still Apple controlling their customers/fans they knew that the customers will adapt with what ever Apple duo ( take the iOS 7 UI change as example )

In our world, if a customer wants a big screen he will move to another company, if he wants faster updates he will move to another company, if he want vanilla android he will move to another company ( Nexus ), yes even Nexus has it's own fan base...

Sony will not go to the Vanilla Android route, but they can go the other parts, they just need to focus on fewer number of products and give them more love.. and get rid of this 2 flagships per year policy. If they want sales in both H1 and H2 then they should launch main flagship in H1 and a larger on in H2.. they can also launch the compact in mid year...

They knew that midrange phones they have doesn't have that much sales duo to strong competitors so they need to just suspend these to think more about them or just lower the price now as every body else bring more for the same amount of money...

low ends are two edge's knifes... they have a low margin, but they mean higher market share in the same time...

I feel what Felipe said is good example of what Sony should do.. the main stuff they should now is to stop this two flagship policy ASAP... and give the compact and Ultra more love and dedicated time frame for each... the Ultra should be smaller ( like 5.7-5.8 with narrow screen margins ) lets face it, the main competitor is the Note series... now Sony have a compact tablet so having more than 6" phone is not a good idea !!
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 12:18
I agree to most of the points you made. But fanbase is something you develop by good marketing and PR. Sony has all the goodies for it. I mean even our elders know Sony makes the most qualified products. They need to shine that. Make 3 categories Like felipe wrote (but I would name them X Y and Z more catchy ) I disagree about the 5.8 inch Ultra line. Even the G3 is 5.5 now. 6-6.2 will be more like it. If you put the killer camera and improve on the whatever you like input method (stylus) there you go sony. I even think about putting 4 little round speakers to the top and bottom bezels (2 each) so that with the slim profile you have a little 4K bravia tv and you can stop people complaining about the bezels. Another topic is that this year will be the battle of health apps. So heart rate sensors and bla bla bla should be included so that Sony won't fall short. Moreover I read somewhere that an Israeli firm made a very fast charging possible for a galaxy s4 (15 mins). Buy the firm put it in the Z series and you dominate. When it comes to sony they have a very wide range. Very good imaging department, very good audio department, very good display unit, very good console department. They need to level the software also ( i really like the xperia launcher by the way).
There's a saying in my country,

Have you got flour?
Have you got sugar?
Have you got butter?
Why are you holding back? Make the goddamn cake. )
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 12:23
I too disagree.

Sony could pool all of its R&D and marketing budget into creating 'one phone to rule them all' but that STILL doesn't guarantee them a surefire hit. And if that phone were to fail? What then?
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-21 12:58
I am not saying that Sony should release only one phone.

Z series high end ; flagship, compact and ultra
Y series mid range; ultra, normal sized and rugged version maybe (dual sim all)
X series low end; big screen, normal sized, and audio centric (dual sim again)

And the accessories like selfie camera add ons for Y and X series maybe.

Just go for hail mary in the Z series. With a good marketing strategy of course they will succeed.

Xperia X, Y, Z sounds nice.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 316317318 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic