Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 298299300 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
XperiaCute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 06:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

what Sony marketing looks like after the world cup ?!

------------------------------
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaCute on 2014-08-02 05:56 ]
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 10:23
Seriously pathetic.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 11:36

On 2014-08-02 05:32:55, Ebato wrote:
And while we're on the subject of how things can't get any worse....
http://www.sonyrumors.net/201[....]t-worthy-jpx-nikkei-index-400/

They ain't joking when they say 'when it rains it pours'.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 15:03
If the situation is really so bad, then I'm not sure how adopting windows phone will solve the problem in their smartphone division.
The main problem in Q1 14 was the terrible launch of the Z2, which was delayed everywhere. It's still fairly successful in spite of the horrific launch, but apparently not enough for profitability.
How do they rectify this?
Having a better international launch of the Z3? That would help. Samsung's smartphone sales are down, as are their profits as a whole. Take advantage of them being in a weaker position?
Get rid of Bravia?
As mentioned earlier, does adopting windows phone really have the propensity to turn things around in a big way? I don't know if it does.
Can't hurt to try I guess....
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 15:39
The problem with Sony is their management. They cheap out on components and think the consumer won't notice. They think saving a few dollars on the screen for example will help make them more money. How hard is it to go to JDI and say "-we want the best screen available, we don't care what it costs." that's what Apple does. Sony also always chooses the lower binned version of their Qualcomm socs unlike Samsung. How money does that really save them? A couple of dollars max. I want a no compromise flagship and I don't care if it costs a little more
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 16:13

On 2014-08-02 15:39:23, motvikt wrote:
The problem with Sony is their management. They cheap out on components and think the consumer won't notice. They think saving a few dollars on the screen for example will help make them more money. How hard is it to go to JDI and say "-we want the best screen available, we don't care what it costs." that's what Apple does. Sony also always chooses the lower binned version of their Qualcomm socs unlike Samsung. How money does that really save them? A couple of dollars max. I want a no compromise flagship and I don't care if it costs a little more

+1.

That's what Sony needs. A solid product with no compromises and no shitty camera. Enough gimmicks now, they need a phone with truly the best of their expertise - the best display, camera and audio in a smartphone.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-08-02 15:14 ]
Tizzo
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 16:40
@motvikt & ramu

I agree 110%

Hopefully this shake up forces some positive changes (one can only hope)
jeff17
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 17:31
yep! we are all waiting for the true "The Best of Sony" .
Design what makes me always want a Sony phone but I think it is the only department that we can consider ahead of other OEMs. I agree, they must not think how big their profit for each phone this time. They must think of putting all the best in a single phone to have a big profit by selling millions of a single device [addsig]
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 17:48
I also agree. maybe that is what they plan for 2015 devices starting with z3x and z4 after supposedly less substantial changes of z3 devices. with that said, i think that z3's should give sony much more profit then what happened with z2 delays and manufacturing bugs. i believe sony learned a thing or two from that.
rickrz
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 17:56
It's kind of ridiculous that a company almost 70 years old is still learning shipping and public reception for their devices..
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2014-08-02 20:13
Guys most of cellphone customers don't buy based on wow this thing has awesome or shitty camera.please think of average joe that is at least 75% of buyers or more.most of them are happy with camera next to crap.my friend loves his
huawei y320 's crappy 3 MP cam.So maybe we should think from a bit less geeky view
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2014-08-02 19:14 ]
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-08-02 21:54
I have to disagree. The average Joe DOES care about some specs. I am tired of hearing people saying their phone got slow, or the camera isn't good at low light, or how the battery never lasts, or how 16 Gb lasts NOTHING. It goes on. They might not care about the technical part, but I see people WANTING better stuff. They WANT a battery that can last the whole day on 3g, using it, taking photos without having to worry about it. They WANT a camera that takes photos quickly, and doesn't turn into something shit when the sun isn't shinning at its strongest.

You know something they don't care much? Design. I see many Samsungs and LGs (the L line) out there, and never hear someone saying: "Oh, I wish my phone was better looking" or something like that.
[ This Message was edited by: Felimenta97 on 2014-08-02 20:56 ]
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-08-03 12:07
I was hoping for some leaks of the new smaller tablet, but so far nothing as I can see.

I wonder if it will adopt the similar design as the Z3 line or will it be a completely different design.

Another issue is naming, any idea what naming scheme Sony will use to make it in line with the z3 line?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-08-03 12:34

On 2014-08-02 21:54:02, Felimenta97 wrote:
I have to disagree. The average Joe DOES care about some specs. I am tired of hearing people saying their phone got slow, or the camera isn't good at low light, or how the battery never lasts, or how 16 Gb lasts NOTHING. It goes on. They might not care about the technical part, but I see people WANTING better stuff. They WANT a battery that can last the whole day on 3g, using it, taking photos without having to worry about it. They WANT a camera that takes photos quickly, and doesn't turn into something shit when the sun isn't shinning at its strongest.

You know something they don't care much? Design. I see many Samsungs and LGs (the L line) out there, and never hear someone saying: "Oh, I wish my phone was better looking" or something like that.
[ This Message was edited by: Felimenta97 on 2014-08-02 20:56 ]

+1

A mate of mine has a Xperia Z1 and a Z2 now, they are stunning devices, part of the reason why I was tempted, even build quality is incredible, we were at dinner yesterday, we all gave the Z2 a go, yet none were even tempted, all were happy to say they will get another Samsung, take note none of them were even convinced when I highlighted the 20MP Camera and 3GB RAM, the answers were 'My GS4/GS5/Note 3 take great pics anyway' followed by Samsung's ADH warranty benefits which Sony don't have a similar package to match, most of them are on their 1st or 2nd Samsung.

Sony need to do some heavy market research followed by a stronger ad campaign that speaks to the consumer.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-08-05 00:44

On 2014-08-02 16:13:49, randomuser wrote:
That's what Sony needs. A solid product with no compromises and no shitty camera. Enough gimmicks now, they need a phone with truly the best of their expertise - the best display, camera and audio in a smartphone.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-08-02 15:14 ]

Been waiting for that device for a while now myself. I don't think I've seen any company at all make a no-compromise smartphone to date, but I'm hoping Sony will be the first. They certainly have all of the necessary tech and expertise in-house to do it, but they have to be willing to go ahead and see it through.

ZX3 (if it's true) would be a massive step towards achieving that goal.

BTW, we're only a month away from IFA folks! Very excited to see what'll be announced by Sony, both on the mobile and non-mobile front. I wonder if they'll continue the trend of a Fall Bravia line-up... I had read somewhere that there would be no new TVs for the rest of the year.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 298299300 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic