Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2014-07-06 12:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-07-06 10:46:43, randomuser wrote:
@Zappy Den

Maybe you should read the news a little more. It was Apple's prototype and not Sony's. So no Apple did not copy Sony.

Jony = Jony Ive, VP, Apple Design Team
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-07-06 09:59 ]

Not only that, Apple has a very consistent design language that people like, at least they are selling them in loads, anyway they have a premium feel and look with all the metal parts. Sony just can't understand that people like solid feels, even if it scratches more. Their laptops is another example. Sony VAIOs were going in the right direction with Pro13, but Sony's use of carbon was silly, it felt like shitty plastic, not solid at all (yes it was supposed to be less prone to braking with that flex, but still). I don't know why, but Sony never gets it. More metal, fast updates, less flagships, more advertising, more subsidized models on all carriers, a windows phone model just for the sake of being different from all those companies that make peanuts from android. And I mean all, but samsung. Duh Sony, is it that difficult?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-06 12:40

On 2014-07-06 11:02:40, ZappyDen wrote:

On 2014-07-06 10:46:43, randomuser wrote:
@Zappy Den

Maybe you should read the news a little more. It was Apple's prototype and not Sony's. So no Apple did not copy Sony.

Jony = Jony Ive, VP, Apple Design Team
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-07-06 09:59 ]

I dont know if i am wrong
But if i go through this article
Then may be i am little bit closer

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]ony-when-designing-the-iphone/

Really its so Confusing
[ This Message was edited by: ZappyDen on 2014-07-06 10:06 ]

It's not confusing...
Right after this article was circulated internally, Apple industrial designer Shin Nishibori was directed to prepare a “Sony-like” design for an Apple phone and then had CAD drawings and a three-dimensional model prepared. Confirming the origin of the design, these internal Apple CAD drawings prepared at Mr. Nishibori‘s direction even had the “Sony” name prominently emblazoned on the phone design, as the below images from Apple‘s internal documents show

That picture doesn't reflect any Sony device, it's a CAD drawing by Shin Nishibori ( Apple industrial designer ), he was directed to prepare a Sony-Like design for Apple phone... he did the design and he even put Sony name in the design...

The design is INSPIRED by Sony's design.. but it's not A Sony design...

So we can say that Samsung was inspired by Apple when they designed their phones
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-07-06 12:45

digi-wo source is fake, sorry
NO
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-07-06 12:58
@nodarsixar
I thought i saw a new hope for your posts but i was wrong...

flashback... that so called "z3 metal frame" became t3 frame.
digi-wo is loosing credibility.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-07-06 11:59 ]
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-07-06 13:15
@nodar
If its fake, then there's still hope for sony to come up with an awesome design!
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2014-07-06 15:20 ]
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-07-06 13:53
http://www.engadget.com/2014/[....]&utm_source=socialmedia_fb
NO
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-07-06 14:52
Ha, I'm starting to think Sony does this intentionally.
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2014-07-06 15:04
I KNOW they do this intentionally. The amount the Z was leaked, both in pictures and specs. Same with the Z2. Sony want revenge and are out to get it.

Good thing it's fake, if the design was supposed to be different and better, then going in the direction of the T2 wasn't the right idea, so good thing they're not (I hope ). An all-white front would still appeal to many though. And that speaker grill stuck out like a pimple, but I would have waited to see it in real life before judging, with Sony designs we have the right to be optimistic, with Samsung designs, we have the right to be pessimistic.

Nordoxisar, no third chances, you're fired.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-07-06 16:17
I really like the current style of ear-piece and mic where it is an almost invisible slit across the top and bottom.

The design being thrown around looks like a genuine leak though, which makes me sad that they're getting rid of good design philosophy.

Also (and we've discussed this before) Sony for a long time haven't done coloured front glass on the flagship models, the second tier and alternatives get the coloured fronts. If they go with the white front glass I may have to go back to having a black phone.

I'm hoping the leaked front panel (and it was only the front panel NOT the assembled handset) is for a regional variant of the Z3.

I am interested to see what is so different about the newest design though. There's enough buzz to believe the design will change significantly. Saying that, yesterday is the first time I saw the Z2 in hand and it is significantly different in design to my Z. The aluminium side panels are beautiful and the whole thing has balance and poise.

nodarsixar, that last picture you posted the Sony logo isn't the right font, nor is it straight with the perspective of the handset. You need to brush up your photoshop skills.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-07-06 16:22
^
its not from him. Its from someone at digi-wo
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-07-06 16:31

On 2014-07-06 16:22:09, kurtdean wrote:
^

++++++++++++++++++++++
NO
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-06 20:42

On 2014-07-06 16:31:35, nodarsixar wrote:

On 2014-07-06 16:22:09, kurtdean wrote:
^

++++++++++++++++++++++

Are you sure you want to tell the world that you are just copy and paste, not a real source?
jjjajjj
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2014-07-06 21:00
Will Sony get in trouble for naming their next flagship Z3 knowing that Blackberry just released a Z3 ?
WiTh LoVE
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-06 21:11
Heh, I don't see any issue with Sony naming it the Z3. I mean, it's not like BMW cares anyone is releasing a device called a Z3 when they have a car with the same name.

Anyways, Sony can show the natural naming progression in their devices from Z -> Z1 -> Z2 -> Z3... and they've been using the Z monicker on their devices far longer than Blackberry has.

Anyways, so where do we stand with all of these latest Z3 rumors? Are we just discounting the Digi Wo pics as fake, or everything including the leak pic of the Z3 and the Z3c?

We should only be 2 months away from the official announcement of these devices. While I likely won't opt to replace my Z Ultra with any of them, I'm still very excited to see what they've got up their sleeves. Plus I wanna know more about the new SmartWatch too damnit! Please Sony, don't cheap out - especially with big names like Apple planning to release their own variant around the same timeframe.

On the plus side though, I've been seeing a TON of SmartBand ads on Youtube and around the web... Sony finally promoting some of their mobile devices! About fracking time.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-07-06 22:51
Sony mobile in Tiawan to announce a new Xperia device on the 8th along with the Z2a? http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]rce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2014-07-06 21:53 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 259260261 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic