Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014

Previous  123 ... 241242243 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
JoJotaro
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 22:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@itsjustJOH The Z hand worse lens than the G lens the Z1/Z2 have.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 22:58
Might be a physics issue. It gets progressively harder to get a lens to be sharp from corner to corner at a wide aperture of f2, when you increase the sensor size. Obviously the Z1/2's sensor is far larger than all other smartphones (except for the 1020 and 808) and its also of uniform thickness (only 8.3mm) without a camera bulge, which may explain the corner softness. Packing a 5-6 element lens in a space that small, for a sensor that big, is an amazing feat of engineering.
Might be why they're switching to a 1/2.4 and a slightly different design which may accommodate for the camera bulge, for the Z3, get better all around sharpness.

Also, I'm pretty sure all smartphones use plastic lens elements (heck a lot of DSLR lenses use plastic elements).
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-09 08:18
We have a famous saying : Man does not attain all his heart's desires for the winds do not blow as the vessels wish...

I hoped to get the Z2 but it seems I might not get it, it might be Z3 or might be Z4 I don't know exactly...

Any way, I have the new Sony Bravia 60W850B TV sitting in my apartment at the moment

Sadly it doesn't like my S4 and I can't play WiFiDirect contents or screen mirror them
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-09 14:29
I'm not sure why Lund's software team receive such a harsh criticism, Xperia Android software often reserves for praises on it simple look and user friendliness design also they keep continue improvement on certain features to enhance overall user experiences especially Xperia camera apps (NO! don't confuse with software optimization). I think they doing well lately. Overall, stability is fine, of course, some bugs to concern as well (Google Play Services is Google's fault), but everyone in software-sphere has it own problems, iOS has it, Samsung has it even Windows or Mac, say everyone. I don't understand what to complain in angrily fashion.

On software optimization is other way round, very hard, high cost, spend lot of time and man-powers to do so. See how mobile industry is progresses in extremely fast pace shuffle in six months maybe little lower to keep competitive with other, I wonder that how much software team need to hires to do fully optimization for every single device, I told you it's near impossible.

I agree at some point the Exmor RS 20.7 MP should do better as it advertise try persuade us, but improvement on Z2 is nicely done enough, remember that Xperia Z's camera for example it's take more than 6 firmwares to become fine shooter and say this September we will have new camera hardware, cry and complain will be there all and over again?

We always have to sacrifice on something, features or optimization, even iOS is become less stability since iOS 6 to sacrifice on every single new features it get.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2014-06-09 13:31 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-06-09 16:27
Any possibility that the next Z devices will adopt anti reflective coating? this is very impressive from corning (watch the video): http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-holds-for-smartphones_id56986
this would improve sunlight legibility without needing to increase brightness much resulting in preserving more battery life.
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2014-06-09 16:56
@HxH
although some complains are legit most people just like to complain about everything.a friend of mine just bought Z2 and he had a verizon galaxy note3 before that.he swears that he hates AMOLED now.he wont be going back to Sammy that's for sure.I'm going to get Z2 in 2 or 3 months.Gsm nation has it in stock for 690 unlocked but i'm waiting for a bit of price drop
PS:i hardly trust most reviews.mostly anandtech only for me but i was reading android magazine UK and they put Z2cam in first place followed by M8.also Z2 was chosen as the overall best flagship
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2014-06-09 16:12 ]
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-06-09 18:08
How big is the android software team ? Most of the heavy lifting, the actual OS and the main services (play, gmail, etc.) are all supported by Google... Is the Sony team responsible for the launcher/skin on top of Android and some of the apps that come with Sony phones ?

On 2014-06-08 22:58:22, -XYZ wrote:
Might be a physics issue.

Of course it is.. with the current sensor technology we are using IQ is directly related to size of sensor and optics respectively. There are some things they can do to improve IQ, but if you are looking for any meaningful improvements you need bigger components.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-09 18:52
Yes, with respect it shouldn't be that big with covering on basic task include inside lab test as per you mention but to squeeze out every ounce from software optimization is different thing in my comment.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2014-06-09 23:05

On 2014-06-09 18:08:28, cu015170 wrote:
.. with the current sensor technology we are using IQ is directly related to size of sensor and optics respectively. There are some things they can do to improve IQ, but if you are looking for any meaningful improvements you need bigger components.

Isn't the Note 4 supposed to be equipped with a 20MP camera?
At least it would be interesting to see what a Samsung phone can do with the sensor from Z1/Z2.

But I have trust in Sony, somehow they're the only manufacturer left now with might concentrate on the camera. Nokia is out I guess (now under Microsoft, they will be going more mainstream I guess, though I'd love to see a Lumia 1040!!).
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-10 04:10
Samsung are probably going to use their own sensor. Might use Sony's 1/2.3 sensor, but they might not.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-10 05:52
Every year I watch E3 hoping for Sony to announce a Playstation phone... but afraid it still hasn't shown up

One day... one day...
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2014-06-10 09:13

On 2014-06-10 05:52:12, vivftp wrote:
Every year I watch E3 hoping for Sony to announce a Playstation phone... but afraid it still hasn't shown up

One day... one day...

VITA only has lot of issue with few titles and you expecting PSphone not goona happen.Only if sony had billions in their pocket.
T610i-K700i-K750i-W700i-W810i-W560i-P1i-W910i-G900i-W595i-X10mini-Cedar-Xperia U-Xperia S-XZ Premimum
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-10 11:34

On 2014-06-10 05:52:12, vivftp wrote:

One day... one day...

PS phone was a fail for several reasons, while a lot will love the concept, but the bulkiness and the small battery limits it.. I mean not every one hold his VITA every time... also having a semi closed environment for games is bad for a starting concept, the PS Phone wasn't that much of a great or different than other Android phones to require special development for the phone ( PS Mobile )...

I feel that a better concept will be designing an accessory for the high-end smartphone, the accessory is actually a cover with built in game controllers and battery, they can have two versions, one basic version which uses standard buttons in the gamepad, while the premium version will use the same buttons and controls in the VITA and also have a larger battery...

The gamepad now is standard for Android, every Android smartphone can support it and most games support it as well, there should be no special treatment for PS Phone from the developers...

Of course Sony can differentiate them selfs by adding more features, but these should be optional for developers.. such features can be just adding to the PS Mobile store or some other features like cloud gaming or sync...

This will have multiple advantages...
1- The device will be one, no need for several SKU's that will make R&D and updates takes longer.
2- The device accessory will be optional and can be removed and installed when needed, a lot of peoples doesn't want to have bulkiness everywhere and every time with them.
3- Games are already there, there's a lot of games that already support Gamepads, so the users will not have to wait for anything to come...
4- Increased battery life with the embedded battery in the controller as gaming needs a lot of juice and most will welcome the additional battery life, heck even some casual players will buy the accessory for the battery mainly and the controller will be a plus for them !!
5- Two controllers SKU's will satisfy both casual players and maniac players, as the standard will be affordable and the second will be more premium and pro than all controllers in the market...

Such a concept will affect PS VITA sales, which we already hearing Sony is reconsidering it for the already low sales in the awake of Smartphone gaming...
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-06-10 12:43
I hope SONY sticks with 1080p screen and will not go 1440p like the g3. 1440p has no benefit over 1080p because the contrast ratio of 1440p is lower than 1080p. Moreover its dimmer and sucks more battery than 1080p and u can't tell the difference in sharpness between 1080 and 1440p.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-06-10 12:58
^Oh not this again...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 241242243 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic