Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 229230231 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 09:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
any info on an UI redesign or some sorts? I love it the way it is, don't want some flat UI hipsterish redesign -_-

also Z3 Ultra will still be trated as a tablet/phone hybrid and be left out on the camera department as the ZU was? :/
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 10:02

On 2014-05-31 09:57:53, alexander87 wrote:
any info on an UI redesign or some sorts? I love it the way it is, don't want some flat UI hipsterish redesign -_-

also Z3 Ultra will still be trated as a tablet/phone hybrid and be left out on the camera department as the ZU was? :/

Yes there will be UI redesign for Z3.

No Z Ultra successor this year or perhaps ever again.

@-XYZ

ZOMG had also said that Z2 will come with S805 and 4GB RAM. What I'm trying to say is he has been asked not to leak anything since last year and as such whatever he said in the recent past has turned out inaccurate. Perhaps to misdirect or some other reason.

Z1 "Big camera update" ? Nowhere to be seen. Z2 being sold on all major US carriers ? Didn't actually turn out that way.
Z2 with S805 and 4GB RAM ? ...........

Certainly he knows a lot more than me or anyone else here, but somehow doesn't really share accurate info anymore.

Likewise, what I have posted are also rumors and should be taken with bags of salt. A rumor is a rumor until confirmed
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-05-31 09:08 ]
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 10:24
I guess 2012 is repeating now and that's a good thing if you ask me. We also had a low profile lunch for T at IFA and S in MWC. I think they are going for a huge lunch at CES 2015, similar to Z. I think if they manage to do it right this time Sony Mobile will get momentum. They really messed up with Z; if they had managed to use high quality display and camera along with decent battery life, it would have sold more than 10 million units. I hope it's really the case. I also hope UI redesign brings more integration with Sony's entertainment and gaming divisions.
[ This Message was edited by: MartenR on 2014-05-31 09:28 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 11:03
Basically seems like Sony is trying to address the dual flagship criticism with this strategy. By coming out with a product that is only marginally better than the 1H flagship, it won't draw much criticism from consumers and at the same time satisfy the Japanese market desire of having new flagships every six months.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 15:23
I feel bad to accept that Samsung's treatment is way ahead of Sony today, they catch it right.

formal flagship in H1 (Galaxy S series) and bigger phablet flagship (Galaxy Note series) in H2.

Way lot better than dual flagship with marginally upgrade treatment to satisfy specific market need.

maybe next year formal Z flagship in H1 and Compact and Ultra in H2 will look much better shape.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 16:12
Some of you guys just don't get it. Does it have to be done, just because it can be done and is already being done?

QHD (2560x1440) = 3686400 pixels ( 3.69 MPix)
FHD (1920x1080) = 2073600 pixels ( 2.07 MPix)

A QHD panel has 78% more pixels than a FHD one. This means that everything that is displayed on a QHD display will require 78% more RAM (even if it is a simple solid color rectangle). The additional CPU power required to handle the increased resolution will be of course less than 78%. Let's say it's going to be between 15% and 65%, depending on the complexity of the content currently being displayed.

Is that worth it? Let's say next-gen CPUs will be 30-40% more powerful than today's flagship CPUs. Don't you want a device that actually feels faster than the previous generation and can hold significantly more useful information in the same amount of RAM?

Will a 5" QHD display look 78% sharper than a 5" FHD one?
Will most human eyes be able to observe even 5% increase in sharpness?
For the transition WVGA -> HD -> FHD I would say that the increase of sharpness perceived by the human eye at each density increment was significantly more than 5%.

Infinite increase of displays' pixel density is even more pointless than the infinite increase in camera sensor resolution. Simply put - you can always zoom-in on hi-res images in order to see the extra detail captured by a higher-res camera. While for displays, at some point you are going to need a magnifying glass in order to be able to see the extra detail of a higher-res higher density display. Are you going to carry a magnifier for that???!

For things such as processing power, RAM size, battery capacity; even if they are increased infinitely, every subsequent increase is going to result in (somehow) measurable / observable improvements.
SEXperiaPro
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 18:07
5.5 inch Quad HD is perfect. I'm using the T2 Ultra now and it feels great. Looking at my mom's Z1s I just felt 5 inches wasn't big enough, and I'm coming from a Acro S
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 18:36
Oh my gosh people, let the QHD thing go already. Everything people are complaining about with respect to QHD was complained about a year ago with 1080p phones. People saying the battery would suck. People saying it would take up more RAM and more processor capacity. Well, guess what? They were wrong. About everything. Current 1080p phones have WAY better battery life than any 720p phone ever did. Benchmarks and gaming performance is much higher on current 1080p flagships than on any 720p phone. And apparently RAM is not a problem, because OEMs stayed at 2 GB with no problems.
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 20:45

On 2014-05-31 15:23:32, HxH wrote:
I feel bad to accept that Samsung's treatment is way ahead of Sony today, they catch it right.

formal flagship in H1 (Galaxy S series) and bigger phablet flagship (Galaxy Note series) in H2.

Way lot better than dual flagship with marginally upgrade treatment to satisfy specific market need.

maybe next year formal Z flagship in H1 and Compact and Ultra in H2 will look much better shape.

This time samsung is also launching s5 prime for h2 aside of note 4. They are going Sony route.
Even Htc will be coming with m8 advance and m8 plus versions.
tel033
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 22:14
I think sony is doing it fine, z3 shouldn't be much more different from z2, it must stay just like a plus version, desing should stay kind of the same too, to leave big improvements for the h1 flagship, they should get better with availability times and US availability specially.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-05-31 22:53
Please come back until GS5 Prime make a way into headline news, unless I will not consider it.

Most likely, I guess it the launch timeframe could be same as S4 LTE-A and not really wide-available.

As for One M8 Prime, serial leaker @evleaks says the project already put on ice or may get cancelled.

Sony should take it seriously on Chinese, Indian and Russian as top priority, with keep effort on European market as whole.

If they wants to penetrate into US maybe, Silver program could be best choice to bet but tough competition against other manufacturers. LG is strongly candidate as well as Motorola/Lenovo, and Sony itself not favor of intervene from other company that's matter why they can't get along with US carriers.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2014-05-31 21:57 ]
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-01 00:09

On 2014-05-31 22:53:05, HxH wrote:
Please come back until GS5 Prime make a way into headline news, unless I will not consider it.

Most likely, I guess it the launch timeframe could be same as S4 LTE-A and not really wide-available.

As for One M8 Prime, serial leaker @evleaks says the project already put on ice or may get cancelled.

Sony should take it seriously on Chinese, Indian and Russian as top priority, with keep effort on European market as whole.

If they wants to penetrate into US maybe, Silver program could be best choice to bet but tough competition against other manufacturers. LG is strongly candidate as well as Motorola/Lenovo, and Sony itself not favor of intervene from other company that's matter why they can't get along with US carriers.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2014-05-31 21:57 ]

Unfortunately S5 prime is slated for launch in India too which doesn't count in limited launch areas. Some test versions of S5 prime have arrived in India.
Secondly i'm not talking abt M8 prime here. M8 advance and plus are going to be two different devices with one of them launching with s805, QHD screen and same size as current M8.
As for focussing on india, Sony is already doing pretty GREAT here if flagship and high-mid range phones are concerned.
Z2 is beating sales of S5 and outselling M8 by about 7:1 !
Though it's an altogether different story if we take into consideration low end and dirt cheap phones.
[ This Message was edited by: AbhiD999 on 2014-06-01 07:02 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-01 09:49
I will wait until Clinton Jeff and his folks (maybe fonearena too) get hands-on treatment first.
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2014-06-01 10:29

On 2014-05-31 08:34:47, randomuser wrote:

Also Z3 remains the only high end offering from Sony left for this year. No other high end devices.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-05-31 07:37 ]

What about that rumored WP8.1 phone in July, does it count?
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-06-01 11:19
Personally I feel the smartphone world has hit a slight stand still when it comes to new features or tech advancements.

QHD screens aside, currently not much can be done to make a device different technology wise, most have new snapdragons, plethora of ram, big batteries, at least full HD screen, bazillion software gimmicks which few use.

Perhaps once 64bit arrives and the 808/810, things will advance once again, but at this point in time, my z1 does everything I need it to do and upgrading to z2 or perhaps z3 might not even make sense.

As for QHD, the article about the 805 from Anandtech mentions upgrading to the 805 would have been better to drive the higher res screen and if it is a gaming device due to the better gfx performance. But as qualcomm points out, some of their customers will stay on the 801 until the 810 arrives and this makes sense. Perhaps this is why there have been no 805 products yet for the current crop of phones. And only the larger phablets will get it like the new note and the htc phablet?

http://www.anandtech.com/show[....]agon-805-performance-preview/4

Qualcomm tells us that some of its customers will choose to stay on Snapdragon 801 until the 810 arrives next year, while some will choose to release products based on 805 in the interim. Based on our results here, if an OEM is looking to specifically target the gaming market I can see Snapdragon 805 making a lot of sense. For most of those OEMs that just launched Snapdragon 801 based designs however, I don't know that there's a huge reason to release a refresh in the interim.

I can see then why Sony would opt to stick on the 801 for the Z3, if the 810 arrives for CES15 or MWC15, then waiting 6 months for a much better chip is a no brainer.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 229230231 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic