Previous  123 ... 225226227 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-05-27 19:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
razec

can you please update the first page with all the rumours about all the phones yet to be announced in the remaining of 2014

i think the only info now is the Z3, Z3-Ultra & Z3-Compact will start to take the same increment from IFA

Question here
what about the Z tablet will it share the same increment
or Sony will make the Ultra & the Compact even
and the tablet & the rumoured tablet mini Odd?
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-27 20:11
Seems like the whole world is being held back by Qualcomm schedule, which is dumb. S800 was brilliant and now they have gotten lazy and slow.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-05-28 15:07

On 2014-05-27 19:33:11, maiaramdan wrote:
razec

can you please update the first page with all the rumours about all the phones yet to be announced in the remaining of 2014

i think the only info now is the Z3, Z3-Ultra & Z3-Compact will start to take the same increment from IFA

Question here
what about the Z tablet will it share the same increment
or Sony will make the Ultra & the Compact even
and the tablet & the rumoured tablet mini Odd?

I'm not sure what you mean by that sir could you please elaborate further?

The infos written on the opening post came from multiple "tried and trusted" sources and my function is to compile all those seemingly legitimate posts to form a bigger picture of what's to come.
10 years at Esato
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-05-28 20:32
@razec
"z3 will have a new design, pvd coating, 3gb ram. z3, z3c, and z3u will be announced at ifa".
http://www.gforgames.com/gadg[....]etal-pvd-snapdragon-805-43418/
https://twitter.com/DooMLoRD_XDA
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-28 21:51

On 2014-05-28 20:32:52, amirprog wrote:
@razec
"z3 will have a new design, pvd coating, 3gb ram. z3, z3c, and z3u will be announced at ifa".
http://www.gforgames.com/gadg[....]etal-pvd-snapdragon-805-43418/
https://twitter.com/DooMLoRD_XDA

They say only a HD screen and 3 GB RAM,that would be a disappointment.QHD is necessary and 4 gigs of RAM will have an upper hand!
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-28 22:11

They say only a HD screen and 3 GB RAM,that would be a disappointment.

Why?

QHD is necessary and 4 gigs of RAM will have an upper hand!

"My phone has bigger numbers than your phone".

Nope. QHD is not necessary as long as most multimedia remains 1080p. Also, all current QHD screens are 5.5 inches, which is way too nice big. Battery life will be needlessly compromised, because the denser Liquid Matrix will require more power in order to achieve the same level of brightness as existing displays. Also the processor will be strained much more, by having to drive more 50% more pixels, which will also reduce battery life.

4GB of RAM is only for dick-waving at this point. 3GB is enough for now.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2014-05-28 21:12 ]
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-05-29 00:43

On 2014-05-28 22:11:57, -XYZ wrote:

They say only a HD screen and 3 GB RAM,that would be a disappointment.

Why?

QHD is necessary and 4 gigs of RAM will have an upper hand!

"My phone has bigger numbers than your phone".

Nope. QHD is not necessary as long as most multimedia remains 1080p. Also, all current QHD screens are 5.5 inches, which is way too nice big. Battery life will be needlessly compromised, because the denser Liquid Matrix will require more power in order to achieve the same level of brightness as existing displays. Also the processor will be strained much more, by having to drive more 50% more pixels, which will also reduce battery life.

4GB of RAM is only for dick-waving at this point. 3GB is enough for now.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2014-05-28 21:12 ]

Could not agree more.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-05-29 01:38
If 4GB RAM and a QHD display is doable NOW? I say do it! It's not about "dick-waving" it's about longevity, a phone that comes with those sort of specs should see very long support and should leave a customer happy for a good 2years.

It's like how the Galaxy Note 2, a 2012 phone came with 2GB RAM, we are nearing it's 2nd Bday and yet here it is still getting updates thanks to the powerful hardware and the 2GB RAM that was thought of as 'unnecessary' in 2012.

The Note 3 and Xperia Z2 should see longer update support than most 2014 flagships thanks to their 3GB RAM, although I'm not sure about the Z2 given Sony's history with updates, but I can see the Note 3 and Z2 in 2016 still getting support.

I'd love to see 4GB RAM and QHD in the Note 4 and Z3/Ultra, that would truly up the playing field for 2015, I'm all for pushing boundaries, we need some 'WOW moments' in mobile, we haven't had many in the last few years.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-29 02:06
Merely increasing the resolution and RAM won't provide much of a "wow"-factor.

What is the point of QHD, when most videos cap out at 1080p. 1:1 pixel mapping is always better than any kind of scaling. And as for longevity....Who would look at a 5-inch 1080p display in 2 years and go "EWW, that is SO low res", when people these days are still more than happy to buy a Moto X with a 4.7 inch 720p display?

And as for 4GB of RAM. What kind of multi-tasking do you intend to do that will use more than 3GB of RAM? Which apps are SO memory intensive that 4GB is an absolute necessity? Even in 2 years....what could be that demanding on a phone?

But forget all that. If we're talking about future-proofing...then RAM is the only upgrade worth considering.
Frankly, I want Sony to scale down the size of their screen. A 4.7 inch 1080p display in a phone the size of the Moto X would be REALLY nice. Maybe a bit taller to accomodate camera and dual speakers if necessary.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2014-05-29 06:39
@Tsepz_GP Bigger screen resolution and extra gigabyte of ram wont make it future proof because it is gonna be obsolete anyway due to 32-bit CPU. It would be best to jump on QHD in 2015 together with 64-bit CPU. That would make more impact.
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-29 06:58

On 2014-05-29 01:38:47, Tsepz_GP wrote:
If 4GB RAM and a QHD display is doable NOW? I say do it! It's not about "dick-waving" it's about longevity, a phone that comes with those sort of specs should see very long support and should leave a customer happy for a good 2years.

It's like how the Galaxy Note 2, a 2012 phone came with 2GB RAM, we are nearing it's 2nd Bday and yet here it is still getting updates thanks to the powerful hardware and the 2GB RAM that was thought of as 'unnecessary' in 2012.

The Note 3 and Xperia Z2 should see longer update support than most 2014 flagships thanks to their 3GB RAM, although I'm not sure about the Z2 given Sony's history with updates, but I can see the Note 3 and Z2 in 2016 still getting support.

I'd love to see 4GB RAM and QHD in the Note 4 and Z3/Ultra, that would truly up the playing field for 2015, I'm all for pushing boundaries, we need some 'WOW moments' in mobile, we haven't had many in the last few years.

I agree. The G3 has just been announced with its QHD display. Like it or not, this type of marketing war is a fact of life, and given that Sony is an underdog right now, they need to have BETTER specs than anyone else, not merely equal. They need to excel in every way if they want to start taking some of LG and Samsung's customers.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-05-29 13:43
Everyone talking about QHD but no one mentions z3u, but on the other hand the possibility of it happening imo is even less then for z3 because of the rumored odd panel size "6.5-6.7" and i don't see JDI making custom QHD panel just for sony in 2014 because of manufacturing costs, realistically speaking.
regarding z3 and QHD, i kind of agree with both sides. i agree that sony needs to play the spec race regardless of how much benefits it brings now because a lot of people buy expensive devices for a few good years and buyers will deal with potentially shorter battery life and people love to brag about spec. on the other hand, i don't think its a deal breaker if instead sony can surprise with new cool features like sleek new design with ultra thin bezel, dual LED, new sensor with much improved auto mode and processing, waterproof usb, bigger battery with record breaking battery life - QHD free, new stereo speakers with stronger and fuller sound, new super fast wireless charging, etc.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-05-29 12:55 ]
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2014-05-29 14:13

On 2014-05-29 01:38:47, Tsepz_GP wrote:
If 4GB RAM and a QHD display is doable NOW? I say do it!
[...]

Yes, I totally agree with you!
If something can be done, why shouldn't it be done?
Of course 1GB RAM, 720p 4,7" screen with Dual-Core CPU is ENOUGH, but should the technical/engineering progress should stop because we already have enough?
It only will be positive, as a result for example "low-end smartphones" might end up with these specs (720p, 1GB RAM, 8MP and so on).

@rss_ndrsn:
2^32 = 4.294.967.296 Byte (which are 4096 MB or 4GB)

So theoretically a 32Bit system should be able to address more than 3GB (max. 4GB), but of course this includes things like memory for graphics and so on. So in practice it's lower than 4GB, but again it should be higher than 3GB, or have I made any mistake?

And regarding "3GB is enough for now."
Well this might have been the same people who believed "Nobody needs more than the 128k".
There is no negative side of having more RAM, it gives only advantages.
Fore example could you/the operating system load many system apps constantly in the RAM, and therefore they would open blazing fast, everytime!
To go further, IF you would have enough RAM, you could run the whole operating System in the RAM (buzzword RAM-Disk/-Drive), to give you an idea of the difference between the internal flash speed vs RAM speed and access time:

(that's a desktop PC, but I think you get the point)

These are just some possibilities what can be done with "more RAM", of course the software has to be developed, but first the hardware has to be present imho.
Even though, there are many more things "more RAM" might help. RAM as a temporary cache for the camera (burst shots, High-Res video or other things requiring fast write speeds and acces time).
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-05-29 14:36
If they could push for more RAM than 4GB (let's say 6GB or even Eight freaking Gigabytes) I'd say DO IT

As 64 Bit computing matures in the mobile space, Apps that will be written based on this architecture are going to be more memory intensive than they were at 32 Bit.

I'm not sure with the QHD screen though, mobile screens are way too small for the increase in pixel count to enjoy at. I'd rather have my mobile display improved upon other "also important" things like contrast ratio (beat OLED), refresh rates (160Hz+ anyone?), increase higher color gamut and let go of the stupid vertical syncing like what's going on with new PC monitors
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2014-05-29 13:38 ]
10 years at Esato
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-05-29 14:39
Keep increasing hardware capability is no longer wow factor anymore, it ended since quad-core mobile cpu become too mainstream. Android is getting better at lower hardware resources, still not all good but see improvement in every once and while.

Market didn't response so well with higher caliber hardware anymore unless handful of hardware-obsessives which is minority. The whole development of screen resolution (hd-fhd-wqhd), cpu core (dual-quad-hexa-octa) these happen unbelievably fast, I feel that market tend to careless or not excite about it, including me.

I agreed at some point that need to present capable first before software stuff to make something out of it, but you carefully look the whole development of mobile industry. Barely see anyone to keep up with it, even keep catching is hardtime for them.

I think people is seeking more on better experience side, that's why iPhone still keep it pace well at the top of the chain.

ps. Laser Autofocus from LG is nice try, I can't wait to give it a shot.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 225226227 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic