Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2014-02-22 19:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-02-22 18:49:56, amirprog wrote:
@randomuser
Thanks. as sony fans we got to criticize sony, we are not sheeps.
@HxH
You are totally wrong about comparing lg (or samsung, or htc, etc.) strategy to sony's. they wisely announce a second flagship which is a phablet - different line, unlike sony. huge difference. no company but sony announce the same flagship line every half a year. not only that, they do mistake on mistake by naming it Z2 even though it's a refresh which should have never been announced anyway.
@Tsepz_GP
+1
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-02-22 18:18 ]

The thing is z1 was a rushed product. Bad screen and weird design choices (it is huge). The Z2 seems to be what the Z1 should have been from the start. Hopefully z2 will be the flagship for the whole year
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-02-22 20:07
Sony said something extraordinary is coming, yet all we know are refreshed devices. I hope they really have something "extraordinary" under their sleeve.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-02-22 20:26
@motvikt
I agree about what Z1 should have been but not about the Z2 as a flagship for the whole year. sony is doing mistake on mistake. now they will have to correct again by announcing a new flagship at IFA cause Z2 spec won't hold them for a whole year in terms of new tech and prestige. they will have to rush the development of Z3 with s805, dual LED, maybe the bigger sensor that was supposed to be in Z1 (and Z2), etc.
no other company release 2 of the same form factor flagships with the same processor (s800) even though it a newer version - but it's more of the same).
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-22 22:18
You keep saying they're making "mistake on mistake," but what exactly IS the mistake they're making? Can you articulate it? I don't think we know the business better than Sony does, and their sales have gotten much better over the last year. What exactly is the downside to a Z1 refresh? You might say that it irritates consumers who bought the Z1, but they've been doing two flagships a year and there's no evidence that it's hurting them. All we get is a better Z1 until the new big daddy phone comes out around IFA.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 00:04
with "there is always a better phone right around the corner", I don't ses too much of an issue for a flagship every 6 months unless device is no longer supported when the next flagship arrives.
maloqs
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 01:24
As I know Sony will not improve their prototype phone which I felt very disappointed,it always still the same bugs,similar software and especially hardware as the prototype phone does.
hei
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 04:47
Maybe Sony is planning to follow the Intel tick-tock model?
Like Z1 was a big leap, Z2 would be Z1 + improvement/stability, then Z3 would be a big leap again.
Not so easy to consistently have great leap with 6mth or less than 1 year product cycle, features would end up half baked...
So then choose odd/even models depending on user.
[ This Message was edited by: hei on 2014-02-23 03:49 ]
mzr7
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 06:43

On 2014-02-23 04:47:38, hei wrote:
Like Z1 was a big leap, Z2 would be Z1 + improvement/stability, then Z3 would be a big leap again.
Not so easy to consistently have great leap with 6mth or less than 1 year product cycle, features would end up half baked...

As done by apple but yearly. This is a good idea tbh.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 06:58
Hardly any leaks this time around. Z2 tab image and another DoCoMo screen is all we have.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 07:45

On 2014-02-23 04:47:38, hei wrote:

They're already doing this long time ago, remember Xperia arc -> Xperia arc S, Xperia S -> Xperia SL

the problem we have as customers is the short shelf life of these devices as they have only 6 months...

Samsung has 1 year cycle, they don't have any upgraded versions...
Apple have 2 years cycle, they release the phone, the other year they release S version, next, the major upgrade...

Apple has two years to introduce larger upgrades to their phones, they have 1 year to upgrade it and fill the market as 2 years is too long for some peoples, but for some other's it's perfect ( to those who have a 2 years contract with their carrier )

Sony in the other hand, have 1 flaggy per year, with upgraded version after 6 months, this seems nice but it's bad... the owner of the original flaggy won't be happy as their devices will become old after only 6 months ( that's if they bought it directly after launch, some waits 1 - 2 months to have the second patch )

This pattern also have one major drawback: less support for both the original flaggy and the upgraded one... having two flagships mean that the support and software engineer must work on two devices in the same time.. and as usual the marketing will give the newer devices higher priority than the original device !! Sony is already slow compared to other manufacturers in the update side.. and their product release schedule slows them more...

All of us here agreed that the best move for Sony is to cancel the half upgrade this, and make 1 flagship per year with Q4 launch to match the seasons ( September / October is good, the production will be ramped enough till the season comes )... this will give the device long time to be developed and fixed + might be able to have much better supply for it guaranteeing the best quality.. and because there will be no another high-end there... the software engineering will have more time working on fixing any software issue and be able to accelerate adaptation of newer Android versions also...
Tizzo
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 08:17
New Sirius Pics
Nice viewing angles from what can be seen

Source: http://mobiltelefon.ru/post_1393074538.html
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 08:47
@Wintermute
Read what Xajel wrote. in my opinion, sony needs to stop releasing prototypes into the market. they need to give much more support for consumers who pay A LOT of money especially for their flagships/high end xperias. guarantee 2 years of android updates at least for all flagships, guarantee faster android updates. call it "sony's advantage" or something. they need to put their efforts in supporting the device people just bought. most people i know buy a phone, especially if it's an expensive one, for a few good years. also, people who wants to buy a flagship now can buy Z1 and feel great about it! especially if it's a mature device in hardware and software that sony give a long time support for it. there's not really an excuse to announce a flagship of the same form factor in less then one year but there are reasons not to do it. sony is not smarter then samsung, apple, lg, htc, etc. in this regard.
@Xajel
1+
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-02-23 07:49 ]
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 10:43

On 2014-02-23 08:47:35, amirprog wrote:
@Wintermute
Read what Xajel wrote. in my opinion, sony needs to stop releasing prototypes into the market. they need to give much more support for consumers who pay A LOT of money especially for their flagships/high end xperias. guarantee 2 years of android updates at least for all flagships, guarantee faster android updates. call it "sony's advantage" or something. they need to put their efforts in supporting the device people just bought. most people i know buy a phone, especially if it's an expensive one, for a few good years. also, people who wants to buy a flagship now can buy Z1 and feel great about it! especially if it's a mature device in hardware and software that sony give a long time support for it. there's not really an excuse to announce a flagship of the same form factor in less then one year but there are reasons not to do it. sony is not smarter then samsung, apple, lg, htc, etc. in this regard.
@Xajel
1+
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-02-23 07:49 ]

I think I must repeat this point yet again. Most consumers DO NOT care about Android updates, viewing angles etc. A smartphone to average consumers must be able to Whatsapp, Insta, fb. Get this straight before pushing nonsense. There's a reason why HTC's and Motorola's rapid Android update schedule cannot improve smartphone sales unlike Sony with mediocre updates timings but sales increasing.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 10:44

On 2014-02-23 08:17:33, Tizzo wrote:
New Sirius Pics
Nice viewing angles from what can be seen

I see a screen protector, but is that a shatterproof film?
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-02-23 11:13
@unknownC151A
So? where do you find nonsense in the things i wrote? you wrote something but you wrote nothing. i'm not talking about mediocrity like you, i'm talking about releasing more mature device with mature camera processing, responding and predicting consumers votes in time - like IPS display.
sony said "best camera in a waterproof phone" it's good they said "in a waterproof phone" so they won't get laughs. not saying the Z1 camera is bad, it's good overall, but it could be much better if they worked on the device more time, bring even bigger sensor, etc.
a phone display is the arguably its biggest selling point. people see sony's display next to other flagships and sony's looks washed out, then they decide to pick g2, note 3, iphone.
more and faster android updates above all build the image of a company and shows better that they believe in their products - NO MATTER how many consumers care for updates. apple knows that very well - they support each iphone for at least 3 years (no, saying "but it's ios" is not an excuse).
where is the nonsense?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 156157158 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic