Previous  123 ... 129130131 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-01-31 21:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Ricky D
you made a point about future benefits, that's where the real benefit WILL come. from what i read, there is still not a standard wc regularity because Qi and powermat are fighting for fame and money. seems like betamax and vhs, etc. until then, i'll hold on to a regular charger or docking station. i may use wc only if sony pack one with the smartphone, but that would probably only happen in preorders or special deals. EDIT: one benefit to current wc is that you can use any kind of case - even one that doesn't have magnetic charger hole, but still, the ability to move your phone while its charging is a stronger advantage, for me anyway. wc is more like "can't hurt, might help", not more.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-01-31 20:54 ]
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-01-31 22:46

On 2014-01-31 21:33:59, Ricky D wrote:
I am in two minds about the Qi charging.

It's more convenient than buying a new dock every time I buy a new phone. Also it means I can just pritt stick a charging pad to any universal car holder and it will charge in the car.

But..
It charges slower than a usb cable and the magnetic ports on the newest Xperias works just as well.

But then again..
I see a future where on every table in every coffee Starbucks there's a rectangle drawn that will charge your phone if you put it there. All Qi powered. Just waiting for iPhone to include Qi so the coffee-slurping, skinny-jeans-wearing, hipster-monkey, I'm-so-original-that-I'm-the-same-as-everyone-else crowd think it's cool enough to do.

LMFAO

So true
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-31 23:12

On 2014-01-31 21:33:59, Ricky D wrote:
I am in two minds about the Qi charging.

It's more convenient than buying a new dock every time I buy a new phone. Also it means I can just pritt stick a charging pad to any universal car holder and it will charge in the car.

But..
It charges slower than a usb cable and the magnetic ports on the newest Xperias works just as well.

But then again..
I see a future where on every table in every coffee Starbucks there's a rectangle drawn that will charge your phone if you put it there. All Qi powered. Just waiting for iPhone to include Qi so the coffee-slurping, skinny-jeans-wearing, hipster-monkey, I'm-so-original-that-I'm-the-same-as-everyone-else crowd think it's cool enough to do.

And then Apple creates/uses a different Wireless Charging Technology (that not Qi) and fanboys come all over us saying that they revolutionized that and bla bla bla...

Will be the same thing once they add NFC. At least it will make it more widely available... (in terms of more companies using that in their devices)
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-01 00:09

On 2014-01-31 23:12:15, Felimenta97 wrote:
And then Apple creates/uses a different Wireless Charging Technology (that not Qi) and fanboys come all over us saying that they revolutionized that and bla bla bla...

Will be the same thing once they add NFC. At least it will make it more widely available... (in terms of more companies using that in their devices)

You mean they'll say they invented it.

With NFC they'll delay it as long as possible then say 'it wasn't necessary/useful until now'.. because a finger print lock screen (that got hacked with days) is more useful?
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 11:12
More VAIO related than mobile directly, but it appears Sony are mulling over various options of what to do with the VAIO division

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sony[....]-jv-sell-vaio-business-1434730

ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 14:47
Simple sony needs a viable tablet to compete against the Ipad and the rest of the tablets out there. Pricing it out of the territory of the ipad is also suicide. Windows 8, wacom pen and 8 inch, is perfect.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 15:00

On 2014-02-01 14:47:38, ascariss wrote:
Simple sony needs a viable tablet to compete against the Ipad and the rest of the tablets out there. Pricing it out of the territory of the ipad is also suicide. Windows 8, wacom pen and 8 inch, is perfect.

Given this is Sony, I would hope they'd toss in waterproofing, a great camera and an IR blaster.

I do hope those leaks about the new flagship are accurate for the speakers being forward facing as that's a feature I've long wanted on a Sony phone and I hope they continue with it on future devices from phones to tablets.

itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 15:00

For a tablet, Android would be better than Windows 8 IMO. What they need is effective marketing.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 15:56

On 2014-02-01 15:00:53, itsjustJOH wrote:

For a tablet, Android would be better than Windows 8 IMO. What they need is effective marketing.

except the applications on android currently blow, iOS apps are way ahead in usefulness vs android apps. If you had a regular intel baytrail running full windows, you could do a lot more, and like most 8 inch tablets, it would come with full office suite.
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 18:18
I'm not sure people want Windows at this point. I know for a fact that I would not purchase anything with Windows on it (and won't until my desktop dies and I have to), especially if I'm in the market for a tablet, which already means I'm not that interested in productivity. I'm not against making tablets more productive, but let's face it: if you want to do real work, you move to a laptop or desktop. It doesn't matter that the tablet runs Windows.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 19:15

On 2014-02-01 18:18:45, Wintermute wrote:
I'm not sure people want Windows at this point. I know for a fact that I would not purchase anything with Windows on it (and won't until my desktop dies and I have to), especially if I'm in the market for a tablet, which already means I'm not that interested in productivity. I'm not against making tablets more productive, but let's face it: if you want to do real work, you move to a laptop or desktop. It doesn't matter that the tablet runs Windows.

+1
same thoughts here
To be fully operative I need
1) Keyboard
2) Mouse
And oh yes, I know that I can link a tablet with a mouse and a keyboard... but then where's the point of having a tablet, which should be useful for his touchscreen operation?? and his dimension?
At that point I would just buy a laptop, an Ultrabook or whatsoever (they even have touchscreen as of now...)
[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2014-02-01 18:19 ]
racingdriver
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 19:57
"Castor" 10.1" tablet will be waterproof, below 450g weight. (XR5)
[ This Message was edited by: racingdriver on 2014-02-01 18:59 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-01 20:02
..so we want a device that dual-boots Windows and android with detachable keyboard, 11" and 13" options, all in Sony style (waterproof, omnibalance with the Xperia power buttons would be great).

Covers the bases of the office and at home. Why should I buy a tablet to play games on in bed AND a laptop for work on the road? Next step (5-10 years from now), the above device but powerful enough to negate the need for my powerful desktop.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-01 20:05

On 2014-02-01 19:57:17, racingdriver wrote:
"Castor" 10.1" tablet will be waterproof, below 450g weight. (XR5)
[ This Message was edited by: racingdriver on 2014-02-01 18:59 ]

Any info on thickness? Tablet Z is 6.9 mm. Z Ultra is 6.5 mm... I guess it will be around Z Ultra. Am I right?

iPad Air had the title of the lightest (but not thinnest) tablet in the 10 inch category, but won't for long anymore...

My Tablet Z will feel quite jealous...

EDIT: Regarding the Windows vs Android thing, my opinion is that a tablet can't and probably will never be able to replace a laptop. Tablet, IMO, isn't meant to replace a notebook, or Ultrabook or whatever, they are complementary devices. Even if you have a Windows tablet, you would still need another device, IMO...

That's why the perfect combo is a Smartphone (4-5 inches), a Tablet (7-10 inches) and a notebook (15-17 inches) and/or desktop...
[ This Message was edited by: Felimenta97 on 2014-02-01 19:09 ]
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 22:14
Whatever it is, I hope the next tablet has the aluminium edge, like the Z ultra, Z1, and Compact.
The Tab Z has a little flex in it, and the aluminium would help reduce that and boost the structural rigidity a little bit more.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 129130131 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic