Previous  123 4 ... 192021  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note III Announced
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 08:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-05 07:21:14, Dups! wrote:
I much prefer softer and rounded corners than the hard edges Sony employs.

what? from the looks of it, Z1 is more rounded in all corners than Note 3......
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 10:19
In typical Samsung fashion, they've gone all out with this beast and even forgot to name a few more capabilities and industry 1sts

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sports USB 3.0 connector for faster transfers and charging

The Galaxy Note 3 is the industry’s first mobile device that comes with a whopping 3GB of RAM (and lots of software features to make use of all that RAM). However, there’s another feature that might be the first on a mobile device that’s debuting with the Note 3 – a USB 3.0 micro B port for file transfers and charging.

It’s not a feature that’s been talked about much, but it offer multiple benefits. First, speed of file transfers with a USB 3.0-enabled PC will be faster, a welcome change from the slow speeds we’re used to on smartphones right now. The other benefit will be when charging – USB 3.0 provides up to 900mA output current, higher than the 500mA of USB 2.0, so you won’t have to worry about extremely slow charging when charging from your PC. In fact, there’s also a 1.5mA mode on USB 3.0, though that makes concurrent file transfers impossible, so it remains to be seen if there’s an option for both on the device or whether the 900mA mode is permanent.

Oh, and if you’re worried about losing that micro B USB 3.0 cable and having no way to charge or manage files on your device, don’t be. Similar to those backward-compatible USB 3.0 flash drives, the Note 3 will allow you to connect a standard microUSB cable as well, so Samsung has every base covered.

SamMobile

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Gear coming to all major U.S. carriers

Few hours have passed since Samsung went official with the exciting Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Gear, and all major U.S. carriers have already come forward with announcements about the two devices. Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint have confirmed that they will carrying the Note 3 and Gear. Pricing or release dates weren’t mentioned, but in the case of the latter, both devices should launch in the U.S. at or sometime after September 25th, the day when they will be launched in 149 countries around the world.

T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T have put up pre-registration pages for receiving alerts on availability (see the links below), but Verizon will go one step further and open up for pre-orders this Friday (we hope pricing is revealed that day as well). U.S. Cellular is also being said to carry at least the Note 3, though there’s no official word on that yet.

SamMobile
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 11:56
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-11-20 13:47 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 14:03
I like the GS2 inspiration, I did say that even the GS4 seems to be inspired by the GS2, slightly recessed display, more straight lines etc... It looks a lot more sleek than the Note 2, loving the back cover, combine that with the Note 3's S View Cover it will really feel like a digital note book, the consistency in Samsungs branding is incredible, from the naming to the material used here.

WRT the battery, I'm also a bit disappointed its not 3500mAh, but considering the Note 3's display is only 0.2inches larger and has less power hungry hardware, I think battery life will be equal if not a tiny bit better than Note 2, which is already better than than any competitor.

A very nice video, showing the Note 3's new features, Samsung have really mastered how to highlight the breakout features in their devices, I can't wait to see the Note 3's TV ads, if its anything like the Galaxy S4 ads, competitors are in for a long hard uphill battle to get attention.
Introducing Samsung GALAXY Note 3

Introducing the new Samsung GALAXY Note 3 which shares a smarter large screen experience and new S Pen features that help to make everyday tasks easier and faster.

With a smaller footprint and lighter chassis, yet housing a generous 5.7″ Full HD Super AMOLED display, the GALAXY Note 3 provides a stunning viewing experience. The GALAXY Note 3 is powered by a 2.3 GHz Quad-Core processor, 3GB of RAM, 3,200 mAh battery and runs on Google’s Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS.

The GALAXY Note 3 also features a textured back cover and delicate stitching that delivers a premium look and feel.
http://youtu.be/ylP4DDwXZb8

SamMobile
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 14:27
Why did they use leather for the back S..If one really wanted leather, they could just buy a case. Imo its the best looking note so far but I am just not as impressed with it as I was with note 2.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 14:35
But is it leather or a faux look?? Like they did with the faux metallic look on back of Ativ S which looks good.
Phone?? What phone??
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 14:46
The battery not being bigger should not be a problem once power management is done well. In fact better power management on the Note 3 should make battery life even better than on the Note 2 so no need to add an even heavier battery to the phone.
The resolution on the Note 3 is also better than the iPhone 5 (don't know about the 5S yet). In fact it is better than most phones.

The leather (faux) makes for a more premium look and feel and helps to get away from the criticism of the all plastic look and feel while also allowing for swappable batteries and memory card. Speaking of memory the minimum they will have is 32gb internal. Nice. Now one can have a theoretical 96gb (larger cards might be coming soon) on the Note 3. Can't beat that.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 15:25
So that's Samsung's portfolio done for 2013 I guess, all we're going to see now is just mid rangers with multiple variants and regionally specific phones, quite a porfolio they've had this year, very well rounded . I'd love to know how the Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Mega 6.3 did for them, I wonder if we will see successors for them.

Very happy with my Galaxy S4, although I wouldn't mind getting a Note 3 as an Xmas pressie I'm happy with the design Samsung chose for both S4 and Note 3, bringing in some elements of GS2 and Note 1 with some new touches, they look very sleek and elegant and are a bit smaller than their predecessors, Samsung have focussed on important parts of design and haven't just made their phones prettier.

Looking forward to the Galaxy S5, I hope the supposed usage of metal doesn't make it too heavy, I'd be very disappointed if it weighed in at over 145g if its to have a display anywhere between 5-5.3inches.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 20:21
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 pre-orders at Phones4U will get £100 off Galaxy Gear, free accessory pack

SamMobile

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear arriving in Netherlands on September 25

SamMobile
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 20:49
Hmmm nice free gifts but Phones4U more often than not never give what they promise and often mess you about. Terrible company
Phone?? What phone??
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 01:10
Man, so torn between the Z1, the Z ultra and the Note 3!
At the moment the note has the edge, but the ultra is way sexier. tough decisions ahead....
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 10:33
For me it will def be the Note3 The Ultra is too large imo and I don't think it is very pocketable. I don't like the square shape, it's sharp edges and the lack of a camera flash
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 14:41
Strange nobody here mentioned that only the S800 ( LTE ) model does 4K video recording, Exynos variant does not (1080p only).

I remember some people claiming how Exynos was superior to Qualcomm Snapdragon in every way and yet now they try to hide this fact.

"Looks like the Exynos version is not powerful enough for 4K capture"

Anyway,

Photo and Video samples here

http://www.gsmarena.com/here_[....]es_from_ifa_2013-news-6738.php
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-06 13:43 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 14:57
Does this phone have a real leather back or is it fake?? Reason I ask is won't leather fade over time and won't you need a leather protector spray As for 4K video it's great as LG and Acer do it on new models too but it's pretty useless without a 4K tv
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 15:31

On 2013-09-06 14:41:14, randomuser wrote:
Strange nobody here mentioned that only the S800 ( LTE ) model does 4K video recording, Exynos variant does not (1080p only).

I remember some people claiming how Exynos was superior to Qualcomm Snapdragon in every way and yet now they try to hide this fact.

"Looks like the Exynos version is not powerful enough for 4K capture"

Anyway,

Photo and Video samples here

http://www.gsmarena.com/here_[....]es_from_ifa_2013-news-6738.php
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-06 13:43 ]

Is it a matter of the Exynos 5420 not actually being powerful enough to do 4K or a matter of it simply not being optimized to do it? Considering how powerful the Exynos 5410 is in the GS4, the 5420 is even more powerful, I doubt power is an issue, they probably found that it ate far too much power at 4K, either way, the majority of Note 3s will be 4K capable, so what does it matter in the end
I remember a certain Sony phone that was said to have a huge sensor, xenon flash, 4K etc... Thanks for the good laugh.
10/10 for effort though.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-09-06 14:34 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 192021  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic