Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note III Announced

Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 192021  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note III Announced
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-06-20 23:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 And Samsung Galaxy S5 Almost Ready For Android 4.4.3 Updates

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsu[....]roid_443_updates-news-8828.php
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-06-21 01:34
That's the issue with keeping things thin the battery size. Huawei new Mate 2 phablet has a massive 4,000mAh battery,it's big but not that thick
Phone?? What phone??
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-06-21 15:41
Samsung could add just 100mAh to the Note 4 battery and save battery life by not installing all that bloatware they normally do. Also do consider that with the S5 they seems to have installed software (or so it seems) which has given it tremendous staying power with its 3000mAH battery. This software comes from Lucidlogix.
Read about the battery test from Phonearena here.

So at the end of the day i don't think they will need to have a battery in the Note 4 with much more than the Note 3.
What I do want is for the improved UI from the S5 on my Note 3 and for less bloatware on their Note 4 and all others going forward. Their bloatware should be made as stand alone apps in the Playstore for those who might want them. I have had to root and freeze many of those unnecessary Samsung apps which run in the background from time to time and waste battery power.

As for being thin and waterproof I hope they don't make the Note 4 into a battle tank because I sure don't see how a Note 4 with waterproofing being in a case would neatly fit into a pocket at all. That would be too much. The Galaxy S5 isn't a great design at all. I hope they don't do the same for the Note 4
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-06-23 15:21
As expected

Exynos 5433 gets benchmarked, fares better than Snapdragon 805
"The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is said to come in two variants as usual, one running the Snapdragon 805 for the US market and the Exynos 5433 for the international market. But while the Snapdragon variant has traditionally been faster than Samsung's own chips, this time, it seems, Exynos has the upper hand.

According to benchmark scores posted by AnTuTu, the Exynos 5433 scores overshadow those of the Snapdragon 805 (which itself is only slightly faster than the current flagship, the Snapdragon 801). The breakdown scores between the two chips show that the Exynos is faster in nearly every aspect.

In the first chart the Tegra K1 appears faster than the Exynos but that is apparently due to the K1 device being tested with a 1920x1080 display whereas the Exynos 5433 was tested on a device running a 2560x1440 resolution display.

Source

Interesting graphs above, especially the last paragraph. Seems the Samsung Exynos chips have always just beaten their Qualcomm rivals in each generation, including the Exynos5420 vs. Snapdragon 800, I hope Samsung have sorted out their issues with LTE as I'd prefer to have Samsung smartphone driven by a Samsung chip, so far I've had nothing but Exynos Samsungs and have been very happy.

If the Galaxy Note 4 brings:

Exynos5433 +LTE + SuperAMOLED QHD display + at least 3GB RAM and a 16MP ISOCELL Samsung camera with OIS, I'll be very happy, and then throw in the good ol' Wolfson DAC as they usually do in their Exynos offerings

Fingers crossed.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2014-06-23 14:22 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-23 17:08
Sorry but the iPhone has a relatively weak processor and it runs everything smoothly because of the sweet software. From my experience of the S3, S4, Note 2 and Note 3 they all run smoothly enough but I recall the Samsung apps in particular take a long time to load compared to other apps. We need low energy processing and light efficient software. I also find it strange that the old Exynos is beating old Snapdragon, didn't anyone report it back then if that were the case? I recall Snapdragon being better than Exynos on the different Samsung's that I used.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-06-23 18:27
The only Samsung Exynos that fell behind, AFAIK, was the Quad core in the S3 and Note 2, the others have always at least in benchmarks, outperformed their Snapdragon rivals.

The Exynos 4 Dual in the GS2 was far ahead of the Snapdragon at the time.
The Exynos 5410 Octa in the GS4 outperformed the Snapdragon 600, it was even capable of HEVC decoding, a feature that only came later in the Snapdragon 800.
The Exynos 5420 Octa in the Note 3 also proved to be one hell of a CPU compared to the Snapdragon 800, if I'm not mistaken the the 5422 in the GS5 also edges out the Snapdragon 801.

Samsung's problem has been LTE up until now, hopefully they have sorted that out.
What I'd really like is if Samsung could drop Qualcomm almost completely and use their Exynos chips in mid end and high end, while using the low end Snapdragons in the low end.
The GS4 Exynos came with HEVC support, plus HD720@120FPS slo-mo video capture, but the GS4 S600 wasn't capable of either due to the Snapdragon 600, they had to use it for the LTE modem, this made things confusing for those who wanted that feature. The Exynos5410 in the GS4 is also capable of HD1080@60FPS video, AGAIN a feature that only came later in the Snapdragon 800, whether it's the camera module or the fact that Snapdragon 600 wasn't capable isn't clear but either way, Samsung couldn't implement the feature if they wanted to as the Snapdragon 600 wasn't capable.

At least when Samsung use Exynos in all flagship variants, they won't have to deal with Qualcomm limitations.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2014-06-23 18:18 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-06-23 23:05
I hope Samsung doesn't drop Snapdragon. Very happy with the S800 on my Note 3 and GS5 seems to run beautifully on s801.

With HTC, Sony, LG, even Nexus using Snapdragon surely the developing/ optimising of apps and even the upgrading of the software must be easier . I much prefer this to recording full hd videos at 120 fps....

I think that Samsung is big enough to produce to variants- hopefully they will stick to both exynos and snapdragon.....
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-06-23 23:05
Tsepz, will you be getting the Note 4?
iPad Air 16GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-06-24 10:51
I will indeed SK, I've skipped the GS5 for the Note 4 what about you?
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-06-24 12:03
I'm sticking with the Note 3. There is simply no need to change. Few phones can outright beat the Note 3 in performance. I love it.
iPad Air 16GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-06-24 13:41

On 2014-06-24 12:03:10, skblakee wrote:
I'm sticking with the Note 3. There is simply no need to change. Few phones can outright beat the Note 3 in performance. I love it.

Totally understandable, and I agree, in fact, IMO the Note 3 is still the best allround Android smartphone, all its missing is water+dust resistance, but most 2014 smartphones don't have that either.

I hope the Note 4 will hold its own the way the Note 3 did, looking at the Exynos5433 performance, that may just happen.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-06-24 16:06
The Note 3 had a massive boost in smoothness and speed under KitKat when I last had it. But I had a bad model with wonky home key and blurry left side to camera shots.
Phone?? What phone??
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-06-25 02:42
The Note 3 just like many Samsung phones could use a lighter, smoother UI and then things would be near perfect. In fact I am sure that even the Note 4 with its improved screen and processor will still be dropping frames and have some laggy behaviour as Touchwiz will still be heavy and that QHD screen will hog processor power.

The water and dust resistance hopefully does not make the Note 4 much bigger than it needs to be. Remember, most people will still want to have their phones in a case and consider too that they might want to place them in their pockets.
iPad Air 16GB
buntymunna
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-25 08:18
Hello Guys!

My question is regarding Region Lock. Im from India n planning to buy Note 3, but thing is I dont want Exynose version. Here in India we never get Snapdragon version of Samsung. Ive decided to tell my friend who is in Dubai to bring Note 3 snapdragon version while he is coming next month to India.

He will use Dubai local sim to unlock country code. Then I can use it here i think., But thing is Im always hard reset my mobile whenever new firmware updates released by manufacturer. So my question is what happens if I hard reset my Note 3 in future after installing OS updates by Samsung? Does it has any effect on handset region lock? Again its get locked automatically?

Please help me in this regard.

Thank U.,
bUNTY
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-06-25 09:44
@SK well from my experience with Galaxy S5 I had zero lag on the new lighter TW
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 192021  Next