Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 362363364 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-01 17:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
so i installed the lifelog app yesterday on my Z1 since now i have KitKat. it's an interesting app with lots of potential i think. I'm a bit concerned as to how it's calculating burned calories cause the moment I started it up, within a minute I had "burned" 200 calories. uh.. what? I don't think my metabolism is THAT good.

in addition, I found an amazon vendor who is selling the smartband for $96 shipped. I had some points and gift card balances so I ended up not paying just $30 USD for it. I'm really looking forward to trying it out and seeing what it can really do and how well it does it. Anybody else have a smartband with their Z1 yet?
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-01 17:52
I get my Smartband tomorrow for only £40 with my instore promo and already set up the lifelog app can't wait to start using it @Moogoo you got a very good price there be sure to share your thoughts with us.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-01 17:58
@xperiajunkie - you too man! mine just shipped today .. tracking says i won't get it until monday the 12th. ugh. I'm hoping that's incorrect and I'll receive it sometime next week. It's not coming from that far away, so I'm shocked it's gonna take so long. share your thoughts when you get yours! I am about to go look up the manual to read up on it...
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-01 18:05
Hoping mine turns up asap tomorrow ( I hate waiting around) really looking forward to it. I will post some pics tomorrow and give a mini review as well.
They're in my head
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-05-01 21:04
I'm trying to find the smartband here in Poland but it is hard to locate even online.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-02 15:30
I have my Smartband and my first impressions are great easy to set up via NFC one touch pairing. It is really light weight and comfortable and you forget its on really. It automatically starts working with the Lifelog app once paired up and you can download an additional apk called Smartband SWR10 which gives smart functions like camera and media control by simply pressing the bookmark button and then a tap on the band it self. You can even take photos and record videos vis the Smartband too. Other feathers like out of range alert incoming call/text/email notifacation.

Overall my first impressions are great just hope Sony keep updates coming quick and introduce new features like they do with the Smartwatch 2 (the add-on apps work the same) anybody who has a keen interest in anything like this I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Retail packaging comes in a plastic shell with the specs on the reverse.

The contents of the box 2 bands 1 small 1 large, the core and a small USB cable for charging

The core inside the small band

Fits nice on my wrist and is nice and light weight

A few screen shots showing the UI of the Lifelog app and the Smartband SWR10 app

[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2014-05-02 16:38 ]
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-02 19:38
very cool xperiajunkie. look forward to getting mine on monday!!

how big is the large one?

My biggest question is how well does it detect and record walking from running from biking. I have a bike trainer that I use, and I'm wondering if it'd be able to detect that or if i'd have to wear it on my ankle or something (using th elarge band if it fits)..

moogoo
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-02 19:56
@Moogoo good question, I've just got out the gym and checked the distance in which I ran on the treadmill compared to the Smartband and it was exactly the same distance and time. I'm gobsmacked at how accurate it actually was.I didn't go on the bike or cross trainer so I can't comment on those but I will get back to you on the lenth of the bands once I get the chance.
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-02 20:06
well running/walking i can understand the accelerometer in the core can detect the movement and calculate one or the other.. but for cycling on a stationary bike with your wrists essentially in one position the entire time, i'm curious if it can actually detect it or if it needs the phone's GPS to determine "oh hey, he's traveling pretty fast.. probably bicycle speeds"

if you find out, let me know!! or i guess i'll find out on monday.
moogoo
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-02 20:28
@Moogoo the large band is 9.5 inches in length. Have you seen Song's promo video its pretty cool.

Sony SmartBand SWR10: http://youtu.be/7GUo2CGQnvA
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-02 20:31
yea i've seen that. but she's riding a bike and not a stationary one. oh well. worse comes to worse i'll strap it to my ankle somehow and let it calculate that
moogoo
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-02 20:37
Something interesting about the Smartband. When I used to control the camera I get the option for 18.7MP stills 4922x3744 in 4:3 format. The main camera app doesn't have this as a native resolution, seems a bit strange oh well wonder what else I will find out.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2014-05-02 19:45 ]
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-02 21:11
smartwatch has that option too through the remote camera app... if i recall correctly.

UPDATE: so i got my smartband today.. a very pleasant surprise! I gave it a charge and set it up. it feels great and am looking forward to seeing just how accurate it tracks everything. so far, it thinks I have gone for a run for a minute, even though all I did was walk around the house. Also, the lifelog app incorrectly tracked a phonecall i had as just one minute, when it was more like 20 minutes. strange. i refreshed a few times, but it did not update.

i noticed there is no cycling/biking tile in the lifelog app yet but the website said that more tiles would be coming with updates. so we'll see. it did update my smartband as soon as I paired it. I hope future updates improve everything! but for now, I really like how it feels and am excited to see what it can do and how well it actually does it.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2014-05-03 19:21 ]
moogoo
Hatseflats
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-06 22:10
Great to read the stories of you, moogoo&XperiaJunkie. I just might have to dive into that smartband thing. it's about 68 euro's over here. Not to bad, just want to read up on it if it's worth it

If it works with runkeeper, that would be a big plus.

keep sharing your experiences!
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-07 02:58
I don't know if it works with runkeeper but I'd imagine it would. I've noticed that it doesn't track phone calls accurately. steps, walking and running aren't too accurate either.. But I haven't set my stride length yet.

My biggest problem is that it had problems staying connected at times and doesn't easily reconnect either. Unless I'm doing something wrong..

it could be this kitkat firmware too.. hmmm
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2014-05-07 03:44 ]
moogoo
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 362363364 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic