Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 339340341 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 15:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey guys, noob question here. Is BIONZ mobile hardware and software, or just software? If just software, does it use the CPU, GPU (dunno if that's possible) or the DSP in the S800?
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 16:35
I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM AFTER THE UPDATE. MY PHONE EARPIECE VOLUME HAS DECREASED WAY TOO MUCH.

So much that even at home I am unable to hear what the person at the other end is saying.

Anyone else who has updated, can you please check if you have the same problem or is it just my gone bad?????
Hatseflats
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 19:36
No such issues here after the update!
hgautam
PM
Posted: 2014-02-02 07:29
Then it must be my phone.. Any suggestions anyone?
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-02 09:58

On 2014-02-01 00:03:10, moogoo wrote:
keep checking Del and let me know. I hate having to plug in my usb just to check. i wish PCC would just keep the old firmware number saved and check on its own without my having to plug my phone in.

So yah.. let me know when you get yours cause that'll probably mean mine is available too

@moogoo will do mate but I try not to plug into my laptop that much as well lol

Some people on xda are experiencing some bad bugs with this update including lower volumes

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2631530
14.2.A.1.136 changes, bugs and experience with the new build.

Edit : Just checked PCC and still nothing for UK sim free.
[ This Message was edited by: Del on 2014-02-02 09:51 ]
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2014-02-02 19:05
got a Z1s from T-Mobile USA today. lots of love about the phone. several issues with it, though... first is that while charging, both the orange light and the green light lights up, but normal when red (20% or less) or green (90% +) is on.
Hope that it could be fix with an update.

Also, how do I check the phone's RAM?

Also, while Sony doesn't let you install apps on the SD card anymore, due to Google's Android, I like the 32GB internal storage, while it's really 26GB. I can install more apps without needing to transfer on to my MicroSD card.

Can I root the Z1s? I know I can't unlock the bootloader but I don't if this co-relates.

also can I adjust the screen to make it a little darker? the screen seems to have a white "hue" or something which make the screen whiter than I would like. My other Xperia phones ( TX, Z, L and M) seems darker which suits my taste. Can I adjust this with White Balance?
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2014-02-02 18:21 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-02-02 19:18
@Big_D: I normally go to apps, running. There I can see used, free and total ram.
Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
hgautam
PM
Posted: 2014-02-03 13:11
I managed to solve call volume problem for now... The volume adjustment during a call is buggy... That's why low volume...

By the way, the loudspeaker volume is also down in everything by almost 20-30%...
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-03 15:21
that's disappointing to hear hgautam. did you check to make sure xloud and stuff are still turned on?

though from what del posted, seems you're not the only one with volume issues..
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
hgautam
PM
Posted: 2014-02-03 17:44
Yes I had checked xloud and all other settings... The loudspeaker volume is lower in latest firmware as of now...
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2014-02-04 02:17
Xperia Z1s, The front camera is grainy and alot of noise. any fix for this? would an update solve it?

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
Hatseflats
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-04 13:08
This is the Z1 Topic. But you need to provide more information etc and preferably also pictures in order for us to give you any kind of usefull help.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-04 19:17
Hi all I've been away for a while can anybody fill me in on anything that I may of missed to do with the Z1. I know there is a new update how ever this seems a bit buggy with audio issues so I might skip that one.

Thanks in advance XperiaJunkie
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-04 20:15
I have had my Z1 now for nearly 4 months and I thought I would share with you guys my good points and bad points the phone since day one

GOOD POINTS
1. Build quality, possibly the best built smartphone out there along with the iPhone 5s
2. The screen, I know there was a screen lottery but thankfully I won.The colours, detail and viewing angles are up there with the best
3. Audio quality, Although the loudspeaker isn't the most powerful the quality is still very good but as soon as connect a pair of headphones then wow Sony have really used their knowledge of audio to make what I think to be the best non 3rd party music player on Android by far.
4.The camera, Again just like the audio department Sony have years of expertise in imaging and what they have on paper at least ripping out parts from their own HX50 digital camera and pput them into a smartphone. I have never claimed to be any good at taking photos a rank amateur at best but the images you can take although not perfect every time look superb when you get them just right.
5 Battery, My average day consists of a walk to work and back listing to music (approx 45 mins) an hour or two of phone calls about 75-100 sms a few emails and just general browsing on the internet listing to more music on my dinner hour and so on. Come around 7:30 PM after being off charge for around 13 hours I still have over 40% power left so all in all the battery life is great.

BAD POINTS
1. That shatter proof film is just annoying while a good idea it just scratches far to easy so I fitted a screen protector on top of it.
2. The port flaps although they serve there purpose which is a very good one and keeps the clean lines of the phone they are just to fiddly I have the charging dock which is fantastic but it doesn't work for data transfer which is a shame
3. WiFi can some times take longer than other phones to connect although it is only by a few seconds and is my just nit picking a bad point here I feel a simple firmware update will fix this.

I really do think that the Sony Xperia Z1 is currently the best phone on the market as it has all fields covered you would expect on a flagship phone such as - looks, feel, build quality, screen, imaging, expandable memory, dust and waterproof, audio quality and more. I don't think there is another phone on the market that can tick all those boxes (except Z1 Compact)

DISCLAIMER. I work in a mobile phone store and I get to play with all the latest smartphones i.e S4, G2, HTC One, iPhone 5s, Lumia 1020 and so on. I have been able to compare all phones to the Z1 in all fields and the only phone to better the Z1 is the Lumia 1020 in the imaging department but its a lot closer than what people think.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2014-02-04 19:17 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2014-02-06 11:57

On 2014-02-04 20:15:29, XperiaJunkie wrote:
I have had my Z1 now for nearly 4 months and I thought I would share with you guys my good points and bad points the phone since day one

:

Basically, I agree with you at all your points, with some small additions:
1. I'm not that bothered about the shatter-proof film. My previous phone, an Xperia ray, had the same type of film, and the film was there for about 1.5 years before it more or less fell off by itself (with a little help). Yes, my Z1 has already got some scratches after about one month of usage, but it doesn't bother me.

2. I still think that the size is a bit too big. It cannot easily and safely be handled with only one hand, and it is somewhat difficult to fit it, and also get it out of, an ordinary pocket. In a way I regret that I didn't have the patience to wait for the Z1 compact.

3. The Bluetooth function is buggy. It stops functioning sometimes, refuses to connect to my mw600 without a restart, shuts down if unused for a longer period, drops out intermittently if I come close to or leave an area where I have a known wiFi network, etc. In most cases, it helps to shut down Bluetooth in the phone and then turn it on again, but sometimes the phone needs to be restarted. Not a big thing, but still annoying. It's not my headset, since I have two mw600's and the behaviour is the same, and I have also heard about people using Smart Headset Pro or SBH52 or other Sony BT products who are experiencing the same problem.

4. Some parts of the aluminium framework have quite sharp edges which are uncomfortable if you happen to touch them with your fingers.

But all considered, it's still a great phone, maybe the best.

BTW, You know that you can connect the phone with PC Companion with a WiFi connection? Then you don't need the cable or open the port flaps. It's not as fast as the USB cable though, and you need to be connected to the same network.
[ This Message was edited by: altemyr on 2014-02-06 11:18 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 339340341 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic