Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1

Previous  123 ... 240241242 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 13:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Why are people so OCD about the screen?? There's nothing wrong with it from what I've seen in stores

Xperia Z1 White
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-10-21 13:05 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-10-21 14:28
@bonovox - maybe you got lucky and saw ones with good screens? i haven't seen many Z1's so i can't really comment as to what a "bad" screen looks like. i just know i'm happy with what i have

also, people are spending a lot of money for the Z1 so they just want something perfect (in their eyes). but really, who's to say what is perfect. you have to just look for yourself and if you're happy then great, if not, then don't get it. it's that simple, really
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 14:35
Must see Z1 photo sample gallery !

https://drive.google.com/fold[....]hUxbWc5cWN0ZmdjeVU&usp=sharing
Hatseflats
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 14:52

On 2013-10-21 10:46:08, doministry wrote:
@moogoo

yeah, if you have a top smartphone you use it's functions.
and email is one of them. it's basics people use more email on phone than on pc...

i can't understand why IMAP allows to have only 25 mails on phone.

this is totally idiotic and unprofessional. why am I forced to pay for 3rd party app to
use it.

and what makes me crazy is that in the past there was no problem, I could have all the inbox
even on X10 mini.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2013-10-21 09:47 ]

Aaarrggghhh so that is what it is? I have been traveling excessively over the last few weeks and it irritated the hell out of me, why it would not have more emails offline, ready for me.
Is there no way to solve this other than to get a third party app?

Just in case Which email app would anyone recommend?

On 2013-10-20 06:20:57, moogoo wrote:

glad it works for you. but i opted to go for the official version let me know how yours charges though. I'm curious how well the chinese knock offs work

It charges just fine, took little under 3 hours to go from 3% to a full charge again!

Just found out about a car kit from Brodit!

Charges via the magnetic points, with 2a.

http://brodit.se/productList.[....]d=Sony&model=Xperia+Z1&pn=prod

Or buil;t in option :

[ This Message was edited by: Hatseflats on 2013-10-21 13:58 ]
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 15:13
@Shotokan Someone here did say that there's a screen lottery and they're fazing out all the not so good one, if I remember correctly, ZOMG also confirm something along the line of that. Not really sure how we can tell which factory/manufacturer/tech the screens are from aside from the rooting method Randomuser gave us. I guess our only chance is associated the information with serial numbers/UPC/etc, if we know what series of character is what within these set of characters. Though I doubt that would help because I work with databases for a company that outsource productions to several factories(a lot!) and we don't really associate our style/UPC with factories. Not to say SONY follows our method, but chances are slim that there will be any factory/manufacturer/etc associations in their serial number or UPC.
P.S. Also sent you a PM, when you have a chance, may you read it?

@Hatseflats Nice find with the cradle! I need to get me one of those. My current cradle requires me to constantly remove the flaps to charge the phone, which is annoying. After using my car cradle, I've realized how poorly the design(for me) is with the volume rocker and power button location. It was annoying when holding it, but I could deal with it, but when attaching it to the car cradle, the right clamp completely covers, if not both, at least either the power button or volume rocker. Makes it a pain to change volume or turn off the screen. Wish they could've moved the volume rocker to the upper right instead!
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-10-21 15:13
@hatseflats - very cool. thanks for the feedback on the dock you got. i'll have to see how long it takes the official dock to charge once i get it..

i like the car kit. though it looks like the type that needs to be attached to the dash, which i'm not a fan of. i like ones that can be attached via suction cup or clipped to a vent.

@mnx - that's cause most car cradles are made for iphones! even though they say universal, they are designed mostly for iphones. that's just how it is unfortunately :/
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-10-21 14:15 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 15:21
@moogoo It's really not just the car cradle, but going on with that issue. I don't have any buttons and port covering with both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4. The cradle I got is really a universal one, the company actually has a iPhone specific cradle. Also, there's only so many way a car cradle can hold on to a phone. The best method, in my opinion is latch onto a phone on both side in the middle. Ironically the volume rocker and power button on the Z1 is located on the center of the phone. As for using the Z1 outside of the cradle, I usually grip my phone with my left hand. In order for me to grip it comfortably, some of my fingers will always overlap both the power button and volume rocker. With my right hand, my entire palm just covers about 60% of the right side of the phone. These problems gets magnify when I use my phone on the train because I'm required to really grip my phone tight. Hence, accidental button press. Though the left hand may avoid it, but requires my fingers to be in an really awkward position, which ends up being really uncomfortable.
[ This Message was edited by: MNX1024 on 2013-10-21 14:24 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 15:26
@moogoo I have my white Z1 coming tomorrow what I was saying was I seen a few in stores and they all looked fine. If you change the wallpaper to a more colourful one it looks great. The default theme and wallpaper makes it look a touch dull
Phone?? What phone??
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-10-21 15:50
@mnx - i agree the power button/volume rocker placement isn't ideal. i usually split finger so i don't overlap any of the buttons when i grip it. haven't had any issues thus far. my current car cradle blocks the power and volume rocker buttons, which is a pain. but in the car, i have it plugged in all the time, so i never have to shut off the screen (nor do i ever want to tbh) and for volume, i use a widget. i would prefer access to hardware keys though.

@bonovox - yeah i know what you meant but still, it seems you've either gotten lucky or others just have extremely high expectations! heh. i also agree they should use a better standard wallpaper. something colorful and rich to show off their display tech.

BTW

i just got my smartwatch it looks bigger than I expected but I like it. I've always been a fan of bulky watches as I'm not exactly skinny or small myself. I have yet to open it though cause i want to take unboxing pics. gotta do some work first! for now, it's staring at me from the corner of my desk.. taunting me.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-10-21 14:52 ]
moogoo
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 16:19
Like this theme looks smashing on the screen

Phone?? What phone??
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 16:26
^

i love that theme too!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 16:44
What's everyone's experience with the shatter proof sheet?? If your careful which I was with the Xperia T I never managed to scratch it. I was in a store today getting excited

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-10-21 15:45 ]
Phone?? What phone??
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 17:21
^
are you using jeans shirt,is that phone makes big in your hand,congratzzz
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 17:53
Denim jacket mate and that's just a dummy model in a store. I get mine tomorrow
Phone?? What phone??
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-10-21 18:01
@Hatseflats

I didn't find a way to fix this F..... IDIOTIC email issue.
It is like that since Xperia S. It's totally stupid and the generic.email looks great, has a beautiful widget as well.

I recommend only one 3rd party app which is quite amazing, it's Profi Mail Go.
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 240241242 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic