Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1

Previous  123 ... 196197198 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
mzr7
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 03:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So um that means that the z1f will come with the updated camera software, well at least it works for that phone, I mean when it get reviewed.

Sighs its like vlad said Sony needs to bring a phone with a good display and everyone will be in trouble, guess waiting till november it is.

On the brightside will get to see what the nexus 5 is like.
[ This Message was edited by: mzr7 on 2013-10-02 02:40 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-10-02 04:07
After just under a week with the Z1.. i'm very happy

I just posted some pics in the picture thread.

I'm really looking forward to this big camera update. I hope Japan and Sweden can come together and bring us an update that indeed outshines their low to mid compact cameras. That would be AWESOME.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 04:35

On 2013-10-02 04:07:58, moogoo wrote:

I'm really looking forward to this big camera update. I hope Japan and Sweden can come together and bring us an update that indeed outshines their low to mid compact cameras. That would be AWESOME.

They won't bring out an update to do that.......................WHY?........Because it will affect sales of their Camera's which they won't want to do and as the other guy said that is why there is internal wrangling at Sony.

I think Sony deliberately holds their camera phones back to make them good but not so good that they will perform as good as their Camera's.
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 05:32
Monkey are you the new name of nightwing.Just wait for a month and see,and btw P2S cameras are dying,there is no time for it except slr and now camera-phones are replacing the low/mid end P2S cameras,so end or P2S era

I hope this new fix will make best camera water proof phone
[ This Message was edited by: vikeviki on 2013-10-02 04:33 ]
McKinley
K750
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 05:47

On 2013-10-02 04:35:51, northmonkey wrote:

On 2013-10-02 04:07:58, moogoo wrote:

They won't bring out an update to do that.......................WHY?........Because it will affect sales of their Camera's which they won't want to do and as the other guy said that is why there is internal wrangling at Sony.

I think Sony deliberately holds their camera phones back to make them good but not so good that they will perform as good as their Camera's.

As much as I usually scoff at conspiracy theory, as much do I know this is true.
This limitation was there already back when the company was called Sony Ericsson.
I got a few shots still stored with a certain firmware to the K750i.
The picture quality is definitely on par with what you have today but after an update, the image quality got worse.
GH688, T28, T39 and T68
Nokia 6110, 8110, 8850, 6230, N82
Moto V525 and RAZR V3
Samsung T100, S300 and E700
T68, T610, Z600, T630, K700, S700, V800, K750, S600, M600, S500, P1i, K850, X1 X10, Vivaz
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 05:58

On 2013-10-02 02:24:59, vivftp wrote:
comments by zomg on NeoGAF. The first part is pertaining to the big camera update and his original statement that it'd come out a month after release. The last part is about the panel lotto:

"Will be longer than a month. Lots of internal wrangling between Japan and Sweden about producing a phone with a camera that would outshine pretty much all of Sony's cheaper digital compacts.

There will always be Sharp displays, but the lesser of the two will be exhausted from the supply chain around now and out of the retail channel by the end of this month."

Makes me wonder just how much better the camera can possibly get with the proper camera software. Also I suppose it makes me feel okay to hold off on getting my Z1 until November so that I can more than likely get a better display and the software updates will likely all be out by then.

I don't think it should really be an issue, if Sony produce a phone that has better camera than the cheaper range of compacts then the answer is obvious - dump the cheap compacts and sell more phones - one thing is for sure - if Sony doesn't produce and exploit to the best of their ability regarding the camera then a competitor will and they'll be left behind - I find a compare between a Z1 and an S4 quite insulting - the Z1 should be on a different level - if Sony is happy about that then their thinking is seriously flawed and they will never be market leaders, it's about time they realised that the cheap compact camera is dead - there's only so much a device can do - I haven't owned a camera for going on 6 years - but I have a multitool in my pocket that fills a lot of gaps

On XDA there is a screenshot of 3x Z1's - all three have different quality of displays, left one looks bad middle one looks like the current shipping screen and the one on the right looks like IPS - perhaps the phone on the left is the C6902 who knows, here's the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2445283&page=25
[ This Message was edited by: Geoffxx on 2013-10-02 05:03 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 07:23
I'm sure the margin on the z1 is much higher than the margin on the compact cameras, except perhaps some of the higher end models and then the NEX line and alphas. So it would be in Sony's best interest to sell more mobile phones. Besides, Kaz said that mobile was one of the key areas for Sony to turn around and succeed in.

The Z1 will not compete against the compacts, especially since the compacts are much cheaper if you compare off contract price of the Z1 and a compact. Sure many will get the phone locked to a carrier and at a lower price or even free on contract, but I'd imagine a lot of those people already own a compact camera. Truth be told the compact market is not what it used to be and many people have migrated over to smatphones, so why not capitalize on this and release a smartphone with a great camera, or at least with a sensor from a compact, oh wait.
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 07:51
^
Well said polland boy,I agree and every one agrees on it.
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 08:13

On 2013-10-02 07:23:51, ascariss wrote:
I'm sure the margin on the z1 is much higher than the margin on the compact cameras, except perhaps some of the higher end models and then the NEX line and alphas. So it would be in Sony's best interest to sell more mobile phones. Besides, Kaz said that mobile was one of the key areas for Sony to turn around and succeed in.

The Z1 will not compete against the compacts, especially since the compacts are much cheaper if you compare off contract price of the Z1 and a compact. Sure many will get the phone locked to a carrier and at a lower price or even free on contract, but I'd imagine a lot of those people already own a compact camera. Truth be told the compact market is not what it used to be and many people have migrated over to smatphones, so why not capitalize on this and release a smartphone with a great camera, or at least with a sensor from a compact, oh wait.

yes you are absolutely right - the mobile market (we'll call it that for the moment) is huge worldwide - probably bigger than anything else but the word phone is getting a little none descriptive - funny thing - when I show my "phone" to a slightly older generation than me they crack a joke "does it make phone calls as well" unknown to them they are actually being quite accurate with the question - I pose another question "when is a phone not a phone" sounds like a simple answer right.

We are entering an era were the thing in your pocket is developing into something way beyond a "phone" I'm rather surprised that the industry still describes the device in our pocket as a smart "phone" - I personally think it has gone beyond that - what is holding the technology back is the screen - the interface we use to access that device in our pocket, imagine if a screen was something you could fold away - it would no longer be attached to the hardware that drives it, the hardware could be another small faceless unit that we carry or a server that we access (googles vision) remotely from anywhere wirelessly and we rent the service - is it still a smart "phone" well no yet it will still do all the stuff our so called smartphones do today and more, we already are seeing the technology probing that vision (albeit on a small scale ) in the smartwatch - the smartwatch has already negated some of the need to remove the "device" from our pocket - the limitation is the screen size and interface - again - if we had a functional foldaway screen we'd be entering an era were we no longer needed to carry anything else to provide our computer - media - communication - entertainment - navigation - social - office and even medical needs on the go

Do I call the Z1 a phone - well no - do I call it a smart "phone" well not really but that is the current label - I think it is beyond that only limited by the interface that we need for it to function - the screen

Go back a few years for those that were around - in those days we carried a mobile phone with a tiny LCD screen - compare that to the "device" we now carry in our pocket - the concept of it being a "phone" for me has already long past - a friend of mine who is a very young and fit 75 year old (yes I know) asks me when he looks at my Z1 - what is that ? does it make phone calls ? I stare at him with a blank face - then he asks - who won the match last night and after a few seconds he's reading it on my "phone" lol.........what is that ??????? It's my phone
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 08:16

Here's a weird question - if you put a sim card in a compact camera - what does it become ?
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 08:43
MObile "sim" era
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 09:18

On 2013-10-02 08:16:57, Geoffxx wrote:

Here's a weird question - if you put a sim card in a compact camera - what does it become ?

Oh well, remember Galaxy S4 Zoom

---------------------

anything but really terrible idea to oppose they own product the best and latest effort in smartphone-sphere, if they push everything through as motto \"one sony\" it will be create bigger marketshare even better and higher ROI for them. P2S cheap compact don't they already died, I thought it had been killed by some good smartphone few years back.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 09:44

S4 Zoom?

Digicams are starting to die, I wish Sony would just stop producing those entry level Digicams, and focus on making premium compacts like the RX100 and make better cameras for Xperias, I bet they will profit better on those rather than trying to continue the already dying market of cheap digicams.

Besides, with the sensor capabilities of Z1, indoor lowlight photos for most of the time aren't going to be a problem from the samples I've seen. Taking pictures in malls, restaurants, and even on the streets as long as there are street lamps should not be a problem.

While I still wish for a Xenon equipped smartphone from Sony, they've pretty much got it covered when it comes to the common needs of the consumer in a smartphone.
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
u2jewel
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 09:50

On 2013-10-02 08:13:48, Geoffxx wrote:

Do I call the Z1 a phone - well no - do I call it a smart "phone" well not really but that is the current label - I think it is beyond that only limited by the interface that we need for it to function - the screen

Best compromise I can think of is calling such devices that allows you to communicate and store/share/transmit audio and visual contents.. call it COMM. No need to add 'personal' on it because it is for granted (like PC or personal digital assistants). I have a coffee maker. Only person to use it is me. But it isn't a personal coffee maker.

Maybe, a phone is a phone, regardless of how many features it takes on.

Phablet is a good example. Is it necessary? Unless there is a good reason to be specific or discriminatory about the screen size, my ZU being called a phone should pose no problem. After all, a plane, whether it is cargo or Learjet, is a plane.

A Swiss Army knife has spewed out so many variants, that some have more than 10 functional uses. Spoon, fork, saw, toothpick... but it is still called a knife. Just because that is what it was originally.

My printer is also a scanner, fax and a landline phone, but I call it a printer.

Sorry for the rant. I am bored at work today....
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-02 10:37

On 2013-10-02 09:44:00, reeflotz wrote:

S4 Zoom?

Digicams are starting to die, I wish Sony would just stop producing those entry level Digicams, and focus on making premium compacts like the RX100 and make better cameras for Xperias, I bet they will profit better on those rather than trying to continue the already dying market of cheap digicams.

Besides, with the sensor capabilities of Z1, indoor lowlight photos for most of the time aren't going to be a problem from the samples I've seen. Taking pictures in malls, restaurants, and even on the streets as long as there are street lamps should not be a problem.

While I still wish for a Xenon equipped smartphone from Sony, they've pretty much got it covered when it comes to the common needs of the consumer in a smartphone.

Don't forget we had a primitive low intelligence primate that suggested Sony would not update the Z1 because of cheap digi cams - that needs to be taken at its face value - credibility extremely low
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 196197198 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic