Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1

Previous  123 ... 134135136 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-21 21:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i think the fact that anybody tries to compare the Z1's camera capabilities to the 1020 goes to show just how great the Z1's camera is. the 1020's sensor is much bigger, it's got a hump, giving more room for things like OIS and xenon flash. As auerlius said, as a matter of basic science, in terms of pure capability the 1020 should be much better than the Z1. Yet, we are seeing that the Z1 does indeed come very close to the 1020 in a lot of situations (albeit not all).

I don't know anybody with a 1020 or i would gladly invite them to a shootout when i get my Z1. I agree with aurelius that for a well respect/known site like GSMArena to do a full review, they should do it with a retail version. it's just irresponsible on their part, even if they did slide in the "pre-production" part. most people miss it! I know i did..

As i said earlier, the only fair way to do a shootout comparison is to take fanboys of each device of generally equal photography skills and then shoot out that way. i think that'd be a great "shootout" to read about and if i knew people who had one of each, i'd be setting it up!

EDIT: Regarding the GSMarena updated review.. it may be a petty thing, but I lose all respect for a big name site that misspells Xperia when doing a review on an XPERIA device

@vivftp saying the Z1 is comparable to the Iphone 5 isn't saying much. Iphone 5 takes decent pics, but the Z1 should be blowing it away. Granted the comparison tool is using photos from a pre-production device, so who knows. But in the end, it should blow the Iphone 5 away and it should beat the Iphone 5s as well. In terms of HW capability, the Z1 should be making all other android phones look noticeably worse. It's down to the SW now.. and let's hope sony can perfect it like they do in their cybershot cameras..
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-21 20:46 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 22:38
Well on many photos we've seen from the Z1 the detail at 100% crop is excellent, especially in the middle portions of the photo. There's still a bit of noise, but those could easily be improved by the newer software.

Then we have photos from the Z1 where it performs excellently in lower light and gives great white balance.

I think the problem is consistency. There are great photos from the Z1 out there, but there are also a lot of not so great shots. It could boil down to a lot of factors though. The photgrapher - a shit photographer with the greatest camera in the world could still take crappy images. Settings - superior auto seems ok overall, but some claim it chooses the wrong settings and produces unrealistic looking images. Camera software version - some could be taken with pre-production models with older firmware. Even with the latest versions though, the Z1 seems to contain more noise than Sonys own Cybershot cameras - I'm guessing this is all software related.

There is also another possibility that must be discussed - the Z1s camera might not be as good as many hoped and the images it produces will be good, but not stellar. I know I don't have much to back this up, but I'm going to say this is the least likely of all options. The Z1 seems to have all the components to make it a standout camera, and some people believe it already is. Then again some people believe otherwise and that other current models produce better results. Well we know the hardware is already there to produce quality results, so I think it'll all boil down to software. The launch software is acceptable, but not the greatest IMO. Let's see how things progress once the proper firmware is released.

BTW for those in the know, for image processing is it true the Z1 is using a tweaked version of the one on the Z/ZL? Or is it its own version created from the ground up? Or is the one created from the ground up the big update that's been discussed?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-21 22:57
no wonder randomuser was asking for rooted Z1's in here the other day..

ha. i would root my Z1 when i get it, but i want to use my camera. So no rooting until I know for sure the camera will work properly

BTW .. i'm so excited to get my Z1. i really can't wait!!!!! i probably should have waited since i'm in the middle of my busiest time of year for work and all I can think about is the Z1 on its way to my door.. when i SHOULD be thinking about work.. sigh. i'm screwed.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-21 22:00 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-22 01:06

On 2013-09-21 22:57:19, moogoo wrote:
no wonder randomuser was asking for rooted Z1's in here the other day..

ha. i would root my Z1 when i get it, but i want to use my camera. So no rooting until I know for sure the camera will work properly

BTW .. i'm so excited to get my Z1. i really can't wait!!!!! i probably should have waited since i'm in the middle of my busiest time of year for work and all I can think about is the Z1 on its way to my door.. when i SHOULD be thinking about work.. sigh. i'm screwed.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-21 22:00 ]

there goes QA of your work...
SirRobin
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-22 01:08
There is a huge problem with the brand new flagship Z1!

In Germany, the first buyers get an included MH1c Premium Headset with smart key.

But every keypress brings up only the smart Key setup dialog. No other function is working!

This means no volume control, NO call answer!

Is this a software or a hardware related problem?

This issue is also with the standard headset from Xperia Z!

I´ve read several threads in other forums, (xda-developers, pocketpc.ch, android-hilfe.de), a lot of users with same problem!
Ciao

SirRobin
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-22 02:22
^so many exclamations!

so if it brings up the setup dialog.. why don't you set it up?

Otherwise, the volume and play/pause buttons should work regardless. only the smartbutton is for sony phones.

Highly doubt it is a Z1 issue.
moogoo
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-09-22 05:57
@moogoo

Rooting Z1 does not break the camera, that happens only when you unlock bootloader and I do not recommend unlocking bootloader as it would void your warranty.

Rooting is a completely safe and easy process.
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-09-22 06:11
^
Ramu did you got your Z1?
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2013-09-22 06:16

On 2013-09-21 18:39:55, vikeviki wrote:

On 2013-09-21 18:20:22, xperia_sakth wrote:
nokia lumia 1020 review at gsmarena, y gsmarena against sony very much..

That was supposed to be review of Nokia 1020,,,but they bashed sony
"Sony Xperia Z1 has just hit the shelves and is priced closely to the Lumia 1020. The latest Japanese flagship also relies on a newly developed camera sensor and technology. It comes with a 20.7MP Exmor RS Sony sensor with a Superior Auto mode that produces 8MP shots from the raw 20.7MP images - Sony's answer to Nokia's PureView photos. Unfortunately, the Z1 can't keep both the full resolution shot and the downsized shot like the Lumia 1020. It also lacks optical image stabilization and a xenon flash. Not to mention that even the downsampled shots are nothing to write home about and the full resolution 20MP photos are lackluster. Despite having a 1080p display, the Xperia Z1 TFT unit is nowhere near the quality of the Lumia 1020's AMOLED screen. In fact, Sony's only advantages over the Lumia 1020 are its water-protection shell and probably, the Android OS (which is not little by all means)".

come on Sony put you new drivers in front seat show the world with your 20mp camera capabilities it can do..........Enough is enough....Sony Tokyo stop fighting with Sony Sweden,,,,,,just give bloody update........

It's unprofessional that they used a proto/pre-production unit in their review
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-22 06:26

On 2013-09-22 05:57:06, randomuser wrote:
@moogoo

Rooting Z1 does not break the camera, that happens only when you unlock bootloader and I do not recommend unlocking bootloader as it would void your warranty.

Rooting is a completely safe and easy process.

oh.. for some reason i was mixing up the two

well then, i shall be rooting my baby when it arrives in a few days..
moogoo
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-09-22 07:20
^
MOOGOO,when you going to review to your baby...
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-22 07:29
^when he get to know if it's a boy or girl
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-22 07:42
Obviously i can't review it until it's here..

i assume i will get the dispatch email on Monday. and HOPEFULLY it will arrive on Tuesday. Wednesday at the latest.

Then I have tons of work to do. So I will put up a FULL review when i'm done with work. but i will definitely start posting pictures before then.

BTW: According to an XDA user who has done a thorough review, Z1 uses a e-IPS LCD Panel. Is he correct? who knows.. but it's there for anybody who cares. Personally, if it looks frickin awesome head on and 25 degrees either way, i'm more than happy

@GEOFFXX - if you're reading this, i ordered a 64GB SDXC card, which will arrive tuesday. So, i'll be able to tell you my experience. but you really should make sure the 64gb card works in something else..
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-22 06:58 ]
moogoo
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-22 08:49
GEOFFXX can provide model and brand of his 64GB card. I have 64GB Sandisk card and it works. I do know that not all android phones are compatible with each other. this means if you formatted SD on one android phone, it's doesn't mean that it will work on another android phone. it's possible that you will have to let Z1 format the card before it can use the card
rency0722
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-22 08:56
Hi guys, I just wanna share what I suggest for the future Xperia Camera Apps.

Xperia Camera Apps suggestions:
1. Inspired from Playmemories Camera Apps
 Motion Shot – can capture up to 120 8-MP frames and can use 3-15
superimposed frames to portray an action in a single photo
 Time Lapse – Can capture intervals of shots of up to 30 minutes and make a
video out of photos captured
 Bracket Shots – can capture 3 photos with different brackets: Shutter Bracket,
Aperture Bracket, Focus Bracket and Flash Bracket (plus Exposure Bracket)
 Bulb Photography – can capture in a variable shutter speed of maximum 30
seconds; can use the Smartwatch for remote shooting
2. Third-party apps coordination
 Square with Instagram – can shoot square photos and 15 second video and directly upload to Instagram
 Split-Pic – like the popular iOS app; can shoot multiple pictures in a single frame and can edit the shot which you can split the images in a same scenario
 Google Photosphere – 360 degrees panoramic shot for Google+
 Manga shot – real time camera capture of live to manga-style pic; can edit
manga actions and background before or after the shot
 Dual-shot – Similar to Galaxy phones, can shoot using both front and rear
cameras and use frames for picture-in-picture
 Photobooth – Can upload PNG file and edit layout of maximum 4 shots; can have
self-timer for how long every picture to be taken
3. Video Apps
 Slo-Mo – can record 480p120 or 720p120 videos with an option to hold the “slo- mo” button for a portion of the video to be in slow motion
 Karaoke – can download MIDI (minus-one) with lyrics package of a certain song layered on top of the video and start recording while the song is playing; can put a scoring feature if possible
 Chroma Keying – can use any of a video (or a still picture) then using a green or blue background, you can adjust the chroma settings and record a video like a weather news reporter.

You guys, what else can u suggest for Sony?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 134135136 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic