Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Microsoft to Buy Nokia€s Devices for 5.44 Billion Euros

Author Microsoft to Buy Nokia€s Devices for 5.44 Billion Euros
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 18:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It is a jungle out there! The best cellphone maker (Ericsson) died a long time ago and now the second best is dead as well.

Congratulations to the Americans, they have completely taken over the world. Android and iOS are the front-runners and Windows is third. The next non-American manufacturer to fold is BlackBerry which leaves the Americans as the Kings of the mobile phone arena.

Sony did the same to Ericsson so it is the survival of the strongest... err, I mean wicked and unscrupulous

One thing for sure, I will not buy a Microsoft phone. Would've if it was still Nokia. Anyway, it was just a matter of tme before this happened, the parallels between Nokia and Ericsson/Sony Ericsson are astonishing.

Only if the Ubuntu Edge phone made it.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 19:21
Most people in mobile phone stores ie the general consumer won't even give a Microsoft phone a look. They'll walk into a phone store and walk straight towards Samsung or Apple phones. When rumours were abound about Huawei wanting to buy Nokia maybe they knew something too. Imagine if Samsung had brought Nokia?? It's such a shame that most of the non far Eastern phone companies Nokia, Ericsson have died. Far eastern or Americans were always going to take over in the end.
Phone?? What phone??
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-03 19:48
I wonder what the other "oldie's" will do?
I mean, we saw the rise of /// to battle hard with Nokia.
Then Sony joined and it became from that moment i knew things would turn out bad for ///
And now with Nokia gone, it leave a hudge gap.

Right now i myself am looking at Jolla phones or even the Yota phone
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-03 20:35

On 2013-09-03 11:35:08, S4k1s wrote:
Sad day. Now both Ericsson and Nokia are gone, and so are their patents...

But really, when they sold their HQ, we should have seen this coming

Ericsson LM is STILL VERY alive today and works on its core business networks, switching, towers, and chips that assist these. Mobile phones was a hobby and a tie in to make more profits (it was not intended as a long term revenue stream).

|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 20:50
Extremely Sad.The names most of us grew up with are dead.NOKIA,Ericsson,Motorola and even Alacatel to some extent...and even Sony Ericsson :-\\.
The pioneers are all long gone now

Aaa..the memories of Nokia vs Ericsson/SE...

I guess Microsoft timed this well,i just thought NOKIA was back on track,ive been seeing more Nokias/WP's recently,heck i have 2 of them at home now.If NOKIA could have stuck it longer i guess they could have got back on track..ah anyway
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 21:12
It was always going to happen as soon as Nokia appointed an ex Microsoft executive as their CEO. Then came the predictable choice of WP for their only smart devices. Now this ?

Trojan horse, conspiracy, whatever you want to call it, this confirms it imo. If I were Nokia shareholder, I would want to see every email, memo and communication ever sent to or from Elop to disprove the rumours.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 21:35
I remember the day I got my 1st Nokia smartphone, the N80, never in a millionaires did I think Nokia would be gone within a decade....actually I never thought I'd be using a full touch phone made by a South Korean company, running an OS built by what is ultimately the biggest marketing company disguised as a search engine 7years later, weird. Goes to show just how unpredictable this industry is, the greats have all fallen with the biggest one falling today.

This is all thanks to a phone that arrived in 2007 and totally flipped the script, incredible. Wonder who will bring the next major disruption and when it will happen, tomorrow? Next Tuesday? 2015? 2018?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11ā€¯ 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:05
I wouldn't say Motorola is dead they are still releasing devices under their name through Google. @Ranjith,Alcatel since when did anyone buy Alcatel phones?? And what happened to them were they brought out then?? They are now still releasing Android phones. My first ever phone was a Nokia in 1997 called the Nokia Ringo on Vodafone analogue service from the good old Tandy stores
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-09-03 21:10 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:18
@Bonovox i almost did buy an Alcatel once .Well it was one of the brands i did consider back in the T65 days ..they still make phones?
Oh well I forgot to add Siemens to the list!!!did consider an Alcatel against the SL55 back then!
i guess it was this one
Who is next?

APPLE?
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:26
Yes,Samsung to buy out Apple Alcatel are making some fairly decent mid range Android's recently but hey their French so forget that

http://www.wpcentral.com/micr[....]ying-nokia-makes-perfect-sense

http://www.wpcentral.com/noki[....]arko-ahtisaari-leave-nokia-nov

http://www.wpcentral.com/micr[....]-be-able-license-windows-phone
Phone?? What phone??
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:36
I think you can blame me for killing Nokia.
All brands I used are gone.
I started with two Ericsson phones, switched to Siemens then bought some SonyEricsson phones. Now I have a Nokia.
So..... Which brand do you want to disappear next?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:41
Well the next iPhone is almost here Hans if you can sink them you'll be a god!
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11ā€¯ 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:42
Sony brought by Samsung Joking. I used to love Siemens phones very reliable. Am actually glad and happy am back with Android cos I had become bored with WP anyway. And the OS was just not moving fast enough.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-09-03 21:49 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 23:30
@hihihans

Get the note 3 and the next iPad. And are you sure you don't currently have a HTC as a back-up phone?
alenn
Nokia N900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-03 23:46

On 2013-09-03 21:35:24, Tsepz_GP wrote:
I remember the day I got my 1st Nokia smartphone, the N80, never in a millionaires did I think Nokia would be gone within a decade....actually I never thought I'd be using a full touch phone made by a South Korean company, running an OS built by what is ultimately the biggest marketing company disguised as a search engine 7years later, weird. Goes to show just how unpredictable this industry is, the greats have all fallen with the biggest one falling today.

This is all thanks to a phone that arrived in 2007 and totally flipped the script, incredible. Wonder who will bring the next major disruption and when it will happen, tomorrow? Next Tuesday? 2015? 2018?

Very wise words.
It is quite unbeleivable, I just got my head around all this today.
Yet yesterday I couldn't even think what will be next Nokia's move.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi