PM
Posted: 2013-11-12 16:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Lol at the end of the day my phone seems to need recharged
Whatever I use it for but I generally give it a good thrashing
On data calls music games etc

One device for me workouts better then having 2 gadgets on me
The phone is clearly a better winner for me too
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
DSF
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-03-09 14:33

On 2013-06-25 23:18:31, Tsepz_GP wrote:
My GS2 is still blazing fast after 2years, I have never even done a reset to it only switched mem cards, it's running 4.1.2 beautifully.
My GS3 which I had for around 9months, also never gave that a reset, it ran like a well oiled machine and was one hell of a workhorse right up to the end.

Both are as fast as a friend's iPhone5. The whole slowing down over time thing seems to be something that ended long ago, I havent experienced it, not on Samsung Androids that is.

It's funny because I own a S2 since it was launched and an iphone 5 for more than a year.
And boy! The experience is so much better on iphone than on the droid.
I don't know why you say it's as fast as the iphone 5 because it's not, and I can clearly say:
- animations starts as you tap, on the android it's a micro delay
- in app performance
- performance when updating apps in background
- reduced random lags
- way better gpu: just test epic citadel. S2 and s3 both lags
- etc etc

I simply cannot stand those false statements. Again, I own both phones and used them a lot. Since I got the iphone, I, an android fan, switched my main phone. It's simply much better: less lags, using without problem and shutterings 6 mail accounts, way better battery life (and that with lower capacity battery ), better memory management (apps stays much longer in memory, without reloads), many intuitive little things (shake to undo, top bar for top, global swype for delete, mute button, etc), individual privacy per app (contacts, photos, gps, etc), etc.

One thing that annoys me many times is the limitations, but gladly with jailbreaking you can do so many stuffs.. Better than flashing roms for feature x and y. And xposed is nowhere near cydia mobile substrate
But have to admit I am missing the following features from android:
- adobe flash
- battery status
- data usage
- music storage
- global storage (apstore apps have local storage, sansboxed). There are some workarounds with symlinks on jailbroken devices but still..

Anyway, It's funny, since I was always blaming iphone... .
Now when I need to use wifi on galaxy s2 I get lots of frustrations: since I dont have data/wifi active on s2, many things are outdated and need to be updated (yes, play store apps) and the device is practically not usable for minutes: if i try to do something I have to wait from dozen of seconds to minutes, even simple tasks.

I've owned htc hero, galaxy s, galaxy s2, lg g pad 8.3.
I've tested also galaxy s3, nexus 7, couple low end from zte, samsung, lg... all had the specific android lag, including random lag. Too bad.
[ This Message was edited by: DSF on 2014-03-09 13:49 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-03-09 22:45
DSF

I owned an iPhone 5 and the battery which was good on iOS 6 became terrible on iOS 7. I can't speak of Samsung Galaxy S2 (had one but long time ago) but the app stays open definitely longer on my Note 3 than on iPhone (I have an iPhone 5s now).

More so since IOS 7 apps began to crash (Safari is crashing constantly on my ipad air).

I am glad you are enjoying your iPhone 5 but iOS is far from a smooth experience since iOS 7
DSF
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-03-10 12:58
@aussieland1 regarding the battery difference from ios6 to ios7, I felt too that. But what I want to say, that even with ios 7 I have better battery life than on galaxy S2 with extended OEM 2000mAh battery. Some says it's the amoled screen, I don't think so.
And don't forget about low capacity battery used in iphones vs higher capacity battery used in androids.
Note 3 has also a bigger display => more battery hungry, so that's another reason for a bigger battery. Also Note3 has more RAM (3GB vs 1GB). I was comparing the S2 with i5 which both have 1GB RAM.

Honestly, I got some very rare resprings when using Safari and couple of force closes. But that's very rare.
Other than that i5 is stable . S2 is also stable but laggy.

Edit: ios7 may feel slower because of new animations: the transitions are longer.
[ This Message was edited by: DSF on 2014-03-10 14:22 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-03-10 15:56
DSF

You and I are having two different experiences then. My GS2 doesn't lag, although I barely use it now as my GS4 and my iPad4 are my daily drivers, I also have a lot of apps on it that aren't up to date but I can use it without a problem from bootup, do you have Auto Update Apps on? Rather turn that off.
I multitask happily on the GS2 as well, at any given time I have WhatsApp, BBM, Opera Mini, Instagram, Twitter, GMail, FB Messenger, LinkeIN, Calender and S Memo minimized and they stay in memory just fine, I never have apps close in the background.

I've got my iPad4, and my parents iPhone4S, iPhone5, iPhone5S, and iPad4s (a 16GB and a 128GB) to compare my GS2 and GS4 to, I actually deal with a lot of iOS devices here at home, and to me they are no faster than my GS2 and GS4, especially now with iOS7, they are all fast devices, they all have areas where they may slowdown a bit as with any device, but overall, my real world experience with them, I can't say iOS is faster, sorry.

WRT Battery life:

The GS2 is a whole year older than the i5, you seem to conveniently miss that, the GS2's CPU is based on the 45nm production while if I'm not mistaken the i5 is based on a far more effecient 32nm or 28nm? That alone means a world of difference, and then lets not forget Android has far more overhead to run in the background than iOS, you can't just compare battery capacity when comparing an Android and iOS device.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2014-03-10 15:02 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
DSF
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-03-10 19:16
Tsepz_GP
1) yes i was using auto update, as i've already stated
2) android system performance is affected when you download apps from store. Saw this on htc hero, galaxy s, galaxy s2, s3, lg g pad 8.3... virtually on any android device i've owned. On iphone5 is barely noticeable.
3) compare s3 and iphone 5 side by side. Go in multitask window, click on an app. Can you feel the delay between the touch and action? It is noticeable.
4) battery sucked on s2 since i've got it. It may be a little the hardware architecture but I blame more the software. Anyway, you can compare ip4 and ip4s, both have better usage times. And the multitask example it's not fair. If I disable all services then only run the browser on android I get: 1) a display that I can happily boil the eggs on ; 2) poor battery life. Again, just one app running in foreground without services or sync in background. Android flagships have bigger battery but usage times kinda sucks (if we look at the battery capacity).
5) whatsapp runs really good on s2. Actually it starts faster on android in comparison with i5

Iphone 5 runs much cooler than s2 and s3. I think the amoled screen generate some extra heat.
Anyway, that's my experience.
[ This Message was edited by: DSF on 2014-03-10 18:19 ]
rorbuy
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-09 05:04
It is real.
If u want more phone shel,you can buy from the largest c2c market in China. It's in Chinese language, but you could buy it via taobao purchasing agent.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2014-12-13 05:06
I will need to change myphone next year I reckon ios 9 will render it useless and slow
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Babyface88
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-04-12 14:28
I-phone (if we are speaking, at least, of the I-phone 5 and higher) is not slow. Could never accuse this model (I owned most of I-phones, starting from the 2nd) of being slow. However, I have heard this about Android many times, that people get irritated, because they need to charge their devices all the time. From my experience: the full battery is enough for the whole day (listening to music, 2-3 hours of messaging and speaking are included).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi