Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia Z Ultra Thread

Previous  123 ... 303132  Next
Author Xperia Z Ultra Thread
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-03-29 11:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Go get it Ricky, leave tablet Z2 on the shelf.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-03-30 04:50
I got the Tablet Z2..

I figured that come November (upgrade time for me) it'll be easier to upgrade my contract to the next Ultra than to a tablet. Plus the Z Ultra is 6 months old already.

I'm just gambilng on Sony neither reducing the screen size nor dropping the pen input. I'm fairly confident on the any pen input as it is also included in the Z2 and Tablet Z2 so it looks like a feature they'll start to make standard in the Z series.

The screen size though... not so sure. The critics are definitely 50/50 and the original device didn't sell well so they may reduce the screen size on the Z2 Ultra. If they do, shit happens.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-03-30 11:35
Have fun with it. Good luck to you.
franky900320
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 10:04
hey all, just looking for some advice!! Currently I have the Xperia Z and tablet z. I can upgrade my device again in February 2015 so plan on taking the z3 HOWEVER currently I have the opportunity to get a new device.....since I dont really want to replace my current Z with a new phone (such as Z2 or S5, m8 etc) because I still enjoy it very much. SO I thought about getting a new fun gadget.....like the Z ultra

Just want hear from people using this device for the past few months now since it was released, how the device handles on a daily basis, what you use it for and some pro's and con's. Or any other suggestions of a device?

Thanks!!
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2014-07-02 15:35
Have got the new Update for my Ultra yesterday.

[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2014-07-03 14:27 ]
like.no.other
tesndro353
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-04 09:10
Check this out frank

http://www.techradar.com/revi[....]-xperia-z-ultra-1161408/review
drgopoos
P990
PM
Posted: 2014-09-07 03:12
Any rumors on Z ultra 2 yet ?
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2014-09-09 15:38
Unfortunately no.

I love my Z Ultra! Look at this gorgeous batterylife!

like.no.other
franky900320
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-09-09 16:52

On 2014-09-09 15:38:11, king-james wrote:
Unfortunately no.

I love my Z Ultra! Look at this gorgeous batterylife!

Wow that is insane!! I usually only get 5h screen on time but that is with 3g on and max brightness so guess it is also good. As impractical as the ultra is, I love It!! Amazing screen, easy to type and browse Internet and for gaming. Always feels weird when I switch back to my Xperia z.

Lol but how do you get 8+?? Wifi only and low brightness??
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2014-09-09 17:06
^
Exactly, brightness under half and mostly with wifi connected.

If you use max. brightness + 3G and get 5h display on -> it's more than amazing too!

And same for me, I can't use anymore smaller devices... So strange and difficult after using Utlra. The Ultra makes everything easier...

Had many new devices like the Z2, OnePlus, Note 3, G2, G Flex and more...
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2014-09-09 16:14 ]
like.no.other
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 19:16
Hey guys. It's been really really long I've posted on Esato.

Hope you all doing well.

I recently purchased Xperia Z ultra. Came from Xperia Z1.

The reason that brings me out here is the new experience of using a phablet. I had to think over a lot for switching to big screen 6.44inch. It was a very tough decision. I had to go through lot of YouTube videos, saw the live XZ Ultra thrice to see if it's really practical to use such a big phone.

Today I can say the bet really worked. It's the best phone I've ever used. The Phablet experience has been amazing. The landscape browsing is pure tablet experience. The battery life is even better than Z1. It's just unimaginable. It last for a day without charging for once and I use 3G all the time. I'm browsing, e-mails, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc

The big screen gives you even more details on everything what you see. The icons are more fined and polished, they look bright and clean. The keyboard sets it well to use with stock & Swiftkey. Using Gmail is amazing. The Landscape mode allows more data to see.

Let me put it in simple and short. The big screen is a bliss experience to use XZ Ultra and it is perfect between a phone and a tablet. The size 6.44inch is absolutely practical and very ease to use. For 2 days I felt very big and was feeling like an outsider since my phone looked very big in front of others. But after a month, I have started feeling it's very normal and it's perfect. People have said a lot, it looks like computer, It's very big, Why such a big phone? Does it even fit your pocket? Look how you look while your talking etc and trust me it all goes in a waste when you are using it.
All I had to tell these people is just use XZ Ultra for 5 mins and if you do not fall in love then tell me I'm using a big phone. And the minute they start using they start realising the experience of using a big Phablet.

I am so much in love with this phone that I truly expect Sony to come with the successor and it would be a shame if Sony does not. It would be a shame for any manufacturer for not coming out with a 6.4inch - 6.5inch phone because just like there is an experience of using compact phones, there is certainly a blissful experience using 6incher phones.

Though Nexus 6 has touched down to 6inch, I still feel XZ Ultra had moved to future a year back and nobody even realised. This phone is the most underrated phone only because of it's size. It's a powerful beast phone which does not lag at all even once. I play GTA 3 and it does not lag even once. Be it any game, and yes playing game on XZ Ultra is... Do I even need to explain?

Sony if you are reading this, we need more powerful phones at this size. Appreciate the step towards the future that Sony took with XZ Ultra. I look forward to see the successor for sure.

P.S - Miss you
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 19:51
Hi Indiandawg, congrats on your XZU.

I'm considering this device as I too miss having a big screen and I've read fantastic reviews on this phone. It's just the screen estate but the XZU screen in particular is fantastic.

What's more, it's at a great price right now so it can be classed as a bargain too. Are you not using the Bluetooth handset remote?

Enjoy!
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2014-10-29 21:02

On 2014-10-29 19:51:05, goldenface wrote:

I'm considering this device as I too miss having a big screen and I've read fantastic reviews on this phone. It's just the screen estate but the XZU screen in particular is fantastic.

What's more, it's at a great price right now so it can be classed as a bargain too. Are you not using the Bluetooth handset remote?

Enjoy!

Thanks Goldenface.

Well Intitialy I thought of buying Bluetooth Remote before buying XZ Ultra. But just after 2 days I felt it was very comfortable and easy to use. It felt like a normal size phone. Not too big, not too small. I feel 6.44inch is PERFECT for a big phone. Since I have not used anything bigger than 6.44inch as a phone I might be wrong about being the PERFECT size for a phone but as of now it's just perfect.

Secondly, it's a STEAL right now at the price which it's being sold. I had Z3 in option but I felt it would be just the same as Z1. Meaning the experience of using the same size phone with almost the same features with better hardware and better camera and few more features but the overall experience would be the same. So I felt I shall go for a different phone for which suits my needs and enhances the overall day to day usage.

If you are ok with the screen size, go for it without a doubt. Just check if the successor is around the corner or not.

T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-09-15 07:35
Sony Rolls Out Android 5.1.1 For The Xperia Z Ultra

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]a-and-z1-compact-14-6-a-0-368/
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-10-18 05:15

On 2014-10-29 19:51:05, goldenface wrote:

Enjoy!

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 303132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic