Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Officially Announced

Previous  12
Author Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Officially Announced
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-09 00:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-06-08 22:34:27, Bonovox wrote:
At least it has no ugly cheap flaps like the Sony rugged ones

Cheap flaps? What would you prefer, ones one-tenth the value of the phone? Ugly? They actually make the look better, slightly adds to the omnibalance design in making each side look the same. The only problem is the extra second it takes to open, and then the other extra second to close. Even forgetting to close it is near-impossible, the phone gives you a notification.

Interesting how you overlook look more than 99% of the Samsung phone's surface area to praise it, whilst overlooking 100% of the Xperia Z's surface area to criticise it.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-09 20:24

On 2013-06-08 21:50:55, Ranjith wrote:

On 2013-06-08 03:44:20, Hardened wrote:

On 2013-06-06 05:07:39, Ranjith wrote:
SONY has created a new segment! XZ is going have stiff competition now and i find this design MUCH MUCH better than the S4!nice!

no Sony hasn't … Motorola predates the XZ or any other Xperia with water resistance with the RAZR line and another that predates that.

However Sony has gained from water resistance experience from Ericsson. I'd like to see more done for complete water proofing … without the need for ugly flaps - more nano molecules sprayed on every component before, during, and after assembly.

Like AWAY said,SONY popularized this,i believe its fair to say without the Z this wouldn't have happened.
Anyway,that said any idea if this S4 would be built better?As far as ive seen SAMSUNGs are pretty fragile...im looking for a water resistant phone and if this is also built better to falls and bumps..i just might be interested

Motorola popularized this category not Sony ... RAZR (Android not the flip-phone) and RAZR HD had widespread critical acclaim before Sony XZ debuted and they did so without the need for flaps on the headset, microUSB/HDMI ports as well as best in class battery life and thinner. Both those phones where flagship models and predate the XZ by a few months.

Shino03 thanks for the clarification you are indeed correct.

Dell created the phablet market?? interesting.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-09 20:50
I know that no phone is totally waterproof, but an ipx7 rating at least would be fair to give something that (still technically incorrect) term.

The razr line was nowhere near that. Motorola said so themselves. Lol, you had to leave your phone off for an hour if it got wet, it could not be submerged or put under running water and Motorola themselves said it wasn't even water resistant let alone waterproof, they called it water repellant.

How does that change the way you use your phone? Lol, who's going to get it slightly wet if you can't use it for another hour?

http://www.motorola.com/hc/27[....]s/en-US/d0e91a.2769.en-US.html
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-06-09 21:19

On 2013-06-09 20:24:34, Hardened wrote:

On 2013-06-08 21:50:55, Ranjith wrote:

On 2013-06-08 03:44:20, Hardened wrote:

On 2013-06-06 05:07:39, Ranjith wrote:
SONY has created a new segment! XZ is going have stiff competition now and i find this design MUCH MUCH better than the S4!nice!

no Sony hasn't … Motorola predates the XZ or any other Xperia with water resistance with the RAZR line and another that predates that.

However Sony has gained from water resistance experience from Ericsson. I'd like to see more done for complete water proofing … without the need for ugly flaps - more nano molecules sprayed on every component before, during, and after assembly.

Like AWAY said,SONY popularized this,i believe its fair to say without the Z this wouldn't have happened.
Anyway,that said any idea if this S4 would be built better?As far as ive seen SAMSUNGs are pretty fragile...im looking for a water resistant phone and if this is also built better to falls and bumps..i just might be interested

Motorola popularized this category not Sony ... RAZR (Android not the flip-phone) and RAZR HD had widespread critical acclaim before Sony XZ debuted and they did so without the need for flaps on the headset, microUSB/HDMI ports as well as best in class battery life and thinner. Both those phones where flagship models and predate the XZ by a few months.

Shino03 thanks for the clarification you are indeed correct.

Dell created the phablet market?? interesting.

AFAIK, RAZR Androids were Splash Resistant or something like that, but the DEFY range were water and dust resistant.

Yep, Dell sort of made the "Phablet" with the 5inch display Streak: http://www.gsmarena.com/dell_streak-3353.php but they never did fully take advantage and capitalise on it, Samsung were smart enough to figure out a way to do it successfully.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-09 21:28
Yes the Motorola phones were splash resistant not waterproof people get those mixed up
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi