Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > MG Memory stick Duo not compatible with P800????

Author MG Memory stick Duo not compatible with P800????
antonios
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-17 19:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey people, i have some questions concerning the memory sticks!!!What is the difference between the magicgate ad the normal memory stick? It says copyright protection, so does that mean that i am not able to upload mp3's and stuff on it unless i own the CD or something like that??
Also i received an email from SE stating that the P800 will not be compatible with the MagicGate Memory stick Duo 64Mb!!!! Why not???

********************email quote************************
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.
Your message has reached our Contact Center and we would like to apologize for any delays in responding to your message.
However, answer to your inquiry about the MagicGate Memory StickŪ Duo Media 64MB is that it would not work with the P800.
Best regards,
Sony Ericsson Online Support
Sony Ericsson Mobile
http://www.sonyericsson.com/us

So what form of memory stick duo we will have to purchase in order to use with the P800???
Also i got another response email from SE totday concerning my P800 pre-order where thay said that the phone will be released in 3-4 weeks in the US.
I can resist everything except temptation(P800)..
Nokia 3110
Ericsson GF
Audiovox GSM810
digitalic
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-02-17 19:18
wtf, now they say 3-4 weeks, argh fuk, im sick of SE, wtf is up with there dates? 3-4 weeks will be like end of March beginning of April... sigh, how much longer they expectus to wait, what is the f**kin hold up on this damn phone? Shit...
cmlewan
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-02-17 20:10
Quote:

On 2003-02-17 19:04, antonios wrote:
Hey people, i have some questions concerning the memory sticks!!!What is the difference between the magicgate ad the normal memory stick? It says copyright protection, so does that mean that i am not able to upload mp3's and stuff on it unless i own the CD or something like that??
Also i received an email from SE stating that the P800 will not be compatible with the MagicGate Memory stick Duo 64Mb!!!! Why not???

They're full of shit. There are no problem whatsoever with Magic Gate Duo 64 MB. And it does have copy protection: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7999
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2003-02-17 22:55
Well, both is same shit
But i'm waiting for 128megs, 64 is to smal for mel , Have to wait a while more..
gatevital
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-02-18 21:44
I read someware that the p800 does not support copyprotection (magic gate), so why cannt you put mp3 on a standard ms duo?
Why can't I be happy with one phone?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi