Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung Galaxy S4 announced

Previous  123 ... 474849 ... 777879  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S4 announced
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 19:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Mass market at that price?? Am surprised at Google as they aquired Motorola. What ever happened to the X phone??
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 20:11
GS4 is on BBC Watchdog tonight about the memory thing but it's already been sorted has it not??
Phone?? What phone??
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 20:17
Why GS4 stock android ? What interest ?

For loosing all the Samsung features and the support of all video codecs ? (for exemple)
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 20:23

On 2013-05-15 18:01:32, Tsepz_GP wrote:
But I was told here that we would have no CM10.1 and no dev support .....

International Samsung Galaxy S4 gets CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies

The Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9500) international version – has received an early nightly build of CyanogenMod 10.1.

The version in question is based on pure Android 4.2 but the ROM, being a nightly, will likely have lots of bugs and may not be suitable for a daily driver.

The Snapdragon S4 has already seen some CM 10.1 love (nightly as well).

http://blog.gsmarena.com/inte[....]ets-cyanogenmod-nightly-build/

The phone hasn't even been out for a full month yet we've already got some decent ROMs and kernels for both I9500 and I9505.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-05-15 17:08 ]

You troll, you've already said 'some people here was saying', and again, you misquote. We ask knew the person behind CM himself was supporting it. But you only have to look at how long it took the exynos s3 to end up where it did to see that that's not really called support.

Also, the nexus s4 shows that Samsung know they fail with the software, my money's on a few Samsung execs realising they failed at decent software, and hated having tw, but had to use it, so just let the matter to Google. Does it have a 32 version?

Become some here say 16gb isn't enough.
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-05-15 19:25 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 20:31

On 2013-05-15 20:17:08, davidsic wrote:
Why GS4 stock android ? What interest ?

For loosing all the Samsung features and the support of all video codecs ? (for exemple)

Some people out there want the hardware (the great screen, excellent camera, great chipset, brilliant ergonomics , sensors etc...) without TW, probably for modding etc...

Away
I know YOU hate TouchWiz but please quit posting utter rubbish, this is clearly Google bringing a new Nexus device without having to spend a whole lot in development, if Samsung had felt that TW wasn't good they THEMSELVES would have gone the AOSP route full time, this stock GS4 is being sold as a Google Experiance device, open your eyes. TouchWiz is an excellent UI which me and at least 50million others enjoy using on a daily basis thanks to its high amount of functionality, and is part of what helps differentiate Samsungs from other Droids, and looking at the sales of each generation it has done that beautifully.

@ ME being the troll
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 20:50
You troll
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 20:58

On 2013-05-15 20:50:46, Bonovox wrote:
You troll

I'm bad to the bone

If being a troll means someone who posts their opinion whether people like it or not then yep, count me in and suck on it!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 20:59
you go bitch
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 21:20

On 2013-05-15 20:59:05, Bonovox wrote:
you go bitch

We are really trolling now!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 21:26
Anyway, seen the GS4 Mini today online which years ago was tiny 3 inches is now a Mini phone today at 4.3 inches. Not the old Sony Ericsson Mini sizes
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 22:03
Come on guys, you should know by now that morons like Away are just sore losers who cannot face the facts that their opinions are null and void, which we all knew would happen as soon as the S4 was released. The fact that they backtrack on what they said (about no Cyanogen mod support), now have to rely on talking about a second flagship this year (clearly lost faith in the Xperia Z) and now resort to coming here to as always abuse other people for having an opinion which differs from theirs is nothing short of sad and desperate. Away, you are sad and desperate.

But like I said earlier in the thread, nothing but good news regarding Samsung and their products. They seriously do make the best Android phones by a far mile. I got to handle a second member of my staffs S4 today properly and I was amazed at how much better it looks than the S3 I have. The screen bezel seemed much smaller and I loved the silver rim which made the phone look and feel more solid.

Not that I have a problem with plastic phones. I wont have anyone tell me a phone is cheap because its plastic.

In regards to the S4 being used by Google, this just shows Google's own faith in Samsung to deliver the best hardware for their software and the lack of faith in LG. LG made a proper goof with the Nexus last year. Supply issues, issues with component failures. Then the LTE chips which were none-operational without some fooling around.

Well done Samsung.

Oh and lastly, Samsung sheep ? yeah right. No such thing. Ive not met a single person who says Samsung make the best phones and nobody else comes close without even trying other phones. That's what seperates us from Apple sheep. We have at least tried Nokia phones, Samsung phones, Sony Ericsson phones, Motorolas and LG phones and have no brand loyalty. It just so happens that Samsung do make the best phones which is why they sell so well.

I would define a sheep as someone who would sit outside an iStore for 48 hours to buy an iPhone. Then when you ask them why, they say because they're better than anything without actually being able to explain why. At least with Samsung you can list a dozen reasons if not more.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2013-05-15 21:06 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 22:10
All I was saying about plastic was that some feel cheaper than others
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 22:23
No its not just you, I see it EVERYWHERE.

On websites, forums, Youtube videos. Its like just because Apple and other manufacturers have used glass or metal in their phones, its suddenly become the norm. It hasn't. Nokia have used plastic in their phones since day one. Theres only a handful of devices they ever made which were more than plastic - and they used to be the biggest phone vendor in the world.

I wouldn't want a phone made of glass. I would be even more terrified about dropping it. My sister dropped her iPhone 4 once and totally destroyed the front and back. Once !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 22:31
Yeah that's why i like what Nokia uses on latest 925 is uses strong aluminum frame and polycarbonate for the rest. I dropped my previous Lumia 620 on hard ground twice despite being a careful person and not a single mark scratch or dent on it,even the screen.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-15 22:35
I just think plastic phones endure longer than glass or metal designs. Metal dents and glass cracks or smashes.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 474849 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic