Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung Galaxy S4 announced

Previous  123 ... 333435 ... 777879  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S4 announced
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 15:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Rikken and Tsepz do you both have LTE where you both live??
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 15:45
Tsepz, I think I might get it if the specs are
Good or I could quite simply wait for iPhone 6
As they say that's more of a updated one
Well see anyway

I won't get it if I do till Xmas anyway so apples delay
Till September even better to me lol
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 18:13
Congrats on your graduation Tsepz . The box of your s4 looks quite different :S??
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 19:17
Yeah congrats guys. I'd buy one but I find my S3 still perfectly fast. Im sure when I play with a S4 in a shop though it'll change my mind. I just don't want the fooling around trying to get an Exynos variant rather than the slower Snapdragon version here in the UK.

As entertaining as it is seeing the fools of the forum eat their words regarding their comments, sadly im not as immature enough to dwell on it much longer than this single sentence.

@ Bonovox - dude you're becoming very negative, almost every comment. If I bought you a S4 im sure you'd change your mind.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 19:54
@etaab,so are you in many other threads and very miserable too. I played with one & didn't really like it much. Regarding eating my words I very much doubt that. I have more important things to spend my money on this year and I don't need or really want something that expensive that feels so fragile & cheap.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-04-28 18:57 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 19:59
Bono

Yep, we've got LTE here, although coverage isn't great, and I think only my network, Vodacom (Vodafone ZA), and Cell C have it, I'm not bothered about it, got WiFi at home and an upgrade next year, so hopefully Samsung will have an LTE Exynos Galaxy S5 from the get go next year, right now? I'm happy, going to run SpeedTest and see what sort of speeds I get with this.

Miss UK
Lol, lets wait and see, there is this part of me that is hoping Apple blow us away and announce both iPhone5S and iPhone6 as a super high end, pipe dreams, I know.

Djin

Thanks mate
Haha, that is how it's packaged mate, the box has this wooden look to it but its really Eco-friendly cardboard with soy ink, it looks really nice, I'll take a pic or two extra to show you the sides, Samsung paid a bit of attention to detail with this one.

Etaab

I'd say wait for the LTE Exynos if you, like me, prefer Exynos. I find it funny how it has all just blown up in their faces, makes reading the 1st couple of pages of this thread rather hilarious

All

The GS4 in press shots really doesn't give you a great idea of how it really looks. The Black Mists back cover is more like a chrome plate with black mesh over it -quoting from a poster at Android Forums who really gave the best description. In good light it can work as a mirror, something I'm sure the ladies will be happy with. The front of the phone has a sort of dotted pattern, with an almost carbon fibre look, the weird thing is that it can tend to look navy blue in some light conditions, very nice.

Anyway, the Exynos Octa GS4 continues to own the competition, as many of us thought it would, proving wrong all those dodgy results posted by certain members in this thread earlier, it only loses to the Htc Butterfly in Vellamo, lol:

More Samsung Galaxy S4 Exynos 5 Octa benchmarks surface
The fourth generation Galaxy S smartphone was launched with two different processor variants, one with Snapdragon 600 chipset on board and the other with the company’s own Exynos 5 Octa platform. The folks at FoneArena have got their hands on the Exynos 5 variant of the device and put the smartphone through quite a few synthetic benchmark tests.

As the name suggests, the Octa-core variant of Galaxy S4 has eight processing cores, with the four powerful Cortex A15 chips clocked at 1.6 GHz and the four power-saving Cortex A7 chips running at 1.2 GHz.
The benchmark tests involved Quadrant, AnTuTu, Vellamo and GLBenchmark, which covers pretty much every component of the device.
The Exynos 5 powered Samsung Galaxy S4 is right at the top of the Quadrant benchmark and has a huge lead over its other competitors which include HTC One and Sony Xperia Z.

The latest flagship smartphone from Samsung failed to beat the HTC One in the AnTuTu benchmark 2.9. However, the Galaxy S4 device managed to aggregate 28,018 points in the AnTuTu 3.0 benchmark, whereas the HTC One managed only 24,259 points.

Samsung Galaxy S4 is right behind the HTC Butterfly in the Vellamo 1.0 browser benchmark tests with a score of 2461 points.

Next up is the GL Benchmark tests and at the onscreen evaluation, the Galaxy S4 managed to top all competitors with its PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU clocked at 533 MHz. The device scored an impressive 39 fps in the test.

http://www.gsmarena.com/more_[....]nchmarks_surface-news-5933.php

Still going to run my own later tonight.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-04-28 19:03 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 20:14
That's crazy,South Africa got LTE before the UK Why are we so behind?? I know we got EE but that only started last year. I didn't like the GS3 much in the end & the GS4 to me doesn't feel like anything substantial in the hand to ME. I hated it's light plasticky feel and for me the overall look and feel didn't blow me away when I spent 20 minutes with a working white one in Birmingham the other day. Some other woman next to me said "is that it??" I know it does alot but I see many of the CERTAIN features pointless. Saying all this the Note 2 grew on me & like the Windows Phone 8 Ativ S I like that design like the glossed brushed metal look though it's plastic and it feels more weighty & solid to me. I hate phones that feel too light,cheap & too plasticky. If I won it I would sell it for something else
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 20:50

On 2013-04-28 19:54:39, Bonovox wrote:
@etaab,so are you in many other threads and very miserable too. I played with one & didn't really like it much. Regarding eating my words I very much doubt that. I have more important things to spend my money on this year and I don't need or really want something that expensive that feels so fragile & cheap.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-04-28 18:57 ]

No im not, at all. You couldn't be so wrong. Im just critical of poor products being released on the market.

As for eating your words, nobody mentioned you eating your words. I don't have any idea where you got that idea from. My @ Bonovox appeared after my comments about the stupid people.

I can understand you not liking the S4, you said yourself you cannot afford one, so its better you get used to the more mid range handsets than what the rest of us are used to.
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 20:57
Bonobos, you using the Note 2?
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 20:58
You said about fools eating their words regarding their comments. Anyway no i cannot afford one but at the same time buying a high end phone it doesn't cut it for me. Ah well never mind
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 22:36
No I was talking in regards to the silly people who prefer lesser products from lesser manufacturers who release stupid and inferior products and still claim its brilliant.

Regardless of the phone being plastic, I haven't had hands on with the S4 but I doubt anyone would think its cheap with such a large beautiful screen. In the last ten years, ive only had a couple of phones which were something more than plastic. Im used to phones being plastic, to me plastic is the norm.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 23:01
But it is not plastic, it is polycarbonate used widely in the car industry and home electronics etc etc. I have read about so many prefering a iPhone because of its building materials and they use a cover on it and the Htc One with its aluminum body will easily pick up scratches especially the black one. If the back of my S4 get scratched I simply replace the batterycover
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 23:05

On 2013-04-28 23:01:43, rikken wrote:
But it is not plastic, it is polycarbonate used widely in the car industry and home electronics etc etc. I have read about so many prefering a iPhone because of its building materials and they use a cover on it and the Htc One with its aluminum body will easily pick up scratches especially the black one. If the back of my S4 get scratched I simply replace the batterycover

It's a much cheaper polycarbonate than the Lumia 920 for example. Glossy plastic/polycarbonate picks up scratches too
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 23:19
@ Rikken, if you look after your phone treat it as careful as I do then you wont get any scratches
my phone is 10x lethal than urs afterall (Glass front and back)

Ive dropped myphone once where I had a bad grip and it feel bouncing of the wall to the ground but it didnt mark
at all i think the £1 bumpers are a godsend for iPhones

@Tsepz, im jealous u can get to upgrade every 12 months the UK does have 12 month contracts but there not as good anymore so u have to take out a 24 month carpet ride

glad ur enjoying ur phone I like the look of the package box above and those actual live photo's of the phone don't look that bad, I told my other half to get one of these but I think he's now joining me to in the appleclub

I wish apple werent so hush hush about these secret products but sure I hope september hurrys up so I can decide which
iPhone I want
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-04-29 00:43
Opera Mini in need of some HD1080P screen optimization, this just isn't going to cut it:

Miss UK

We don't have 12month contracts here, its 24month and 18months, AFAIK. I'm just lucky that my GS3 broke and insurance paid out so I got the GS4 it pays to have insurance with near zero claims.
Lol, so you've converted him to Apple? Tut What phone is he using now? If it's an Android then chances are he will love the GS4.

Even if the new iPhone is an anti climax, we still have iOS7 to look forward to.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 333435 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic