Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung Galaxy S4 announced

Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 777879  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S4 announced
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-03-21 23:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well for those of you who think thats my opinion, fair point, but i think its more just an illustration of how people buy into things. Rather than opinion.

Mobile stores like CPW make money regardless of which phone they sell you, as long as its a contract. They dont care whether its a S3 or a One X they sell you, as long as they do.

I put most of peoples buying habbits down to simple reputation. Most people have friends, thats a given fact, between them they tend to chat, thats a given fact also. I have One X owning friends and friends with S3 phones. Between them, without any input from me as a phone geek, the majority chose the S3. Why ? because they see how much better the S3 is when they compare. Also, most of them have owned HTC phones before and were left bitter at the experience.

Every single person i know who owns a S2 or S3 are completely happy with their choice. Every person i know with One X phones from last year said they'd not happy with them and next time will buy Samsung phones.

So no, people are not stupid and are not told what to buy, they buy from usually through reputation from friends and a poor experience from companies like HTC or Sony.

Btw, i know very few people who own or have owned SE or Sony Android devices. Of those i have known, they're the most bitter of the rest of them. And as always the complaints are the same - dodgy Sony software.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
DSF
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-03-22 11:01
I am disappointed of the same ugly UI.. Why they use the ultra big icons for toggles instead of cyanogen-sleek like?
I kinda prefer stock android UI.. As the UI (design) Htc One is superior.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-22 11:23
I see a hell of alot of GS3 phones in second hand store shelves here. That also tells me alot
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-22 19:54
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsu[....]cks_dualcore_cpu-news-5750.php

GS4 Mini
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-03-22 23:49
Yes, it tells us that those stupid people who buy phones on contract and then sell them for quick cash are of the same opinion that the Samsung phones sell better.

If i were to buy a phone just to sell and make money, i'd go for the most expensive and popular one also.
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-03-23 03:44

On 2013-03-21 16:15:43, rikken wrote:
reeflotz, If you say that the majority of buyers don't know what they are buying you might as well call them stupid. People do not buy what they don't like or don't want just because it is popular, that would make everybody buying a Samsung or an iPhone

Topic now : I believe the S IV will be a success due to it's features and performance and the fact that Samsung has delivered some great phones the last couple of years, people know what they are getting
[ This Message was edited by: rikken on 2013-03-21 16:00 ]

Stupid? Not necessarily.
Not everyone can be an expert at everything. Do you expect every brain surgeon to be an Android/iOS power user/expert??
But nowadays almost everyone who can afford it, including little kids, has a mobile phone (in recent years - a smartphone).

Some of you guys seem to be blind to the very bad sides of Samsung's products.

The sad truth is Samsung are consistently demonstrating severe incompetence in delivering problem free low-level software (the software that directly controls the hardware in their devices).

The first official ICS update for Galaxy Note and Galaxy S2 contained a bug that had >60% chance to cause physical damage to a Galaxy Note or a Galaxy S2 that is being updated from GB to ICS through official means.
After the damage, a motherboard replacement was needed.

Samsung managed to fix the bug 4 month after it was discovered and they could not do it without external help - they contacted developers from CyanogenMod to help them discover the source of the problem and to find a solution.

A month and a half after they were informed of the bug they released an update for Galaxy S3 that introduced the same problem to some variants of Galaxy S3 . None of those S3 variants had the bug, before the update.
What do you call this??? The only logical explanation for me is communication of severe problems like this is rather ineffective within Samsung. This problem probably caused millions of losses to Samsung, because of all the motherboard replacements under warranty they had to do.

Another example: All Samsung devices that are powered by an Exynos 4 CPU have a severe security hole - any application can easily gain full access to all physical memory of the device(internal storage, SD card, RAM). And this happens even if the device is not rooted. Imagine you have some sensitive / confidential information on your device...

Another example of Samsung's software incompetence: Because of buggy software, the Exynos powered Galaxy S3 could not switch correctly between its power states and Samsung could not solve this problem for more than 6 months. You are supposed to ask yourselves - What is going on here??, after all the Exynos CPU is designed and manufactured by Samsung, it seems very logical to expect that the same company will be able to easily develop software that controls it correctly.

My only explanation - no real communication between the department that produces Exynos CPUs and the department developing the software for the Galaxy products.

What a mess...
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-03-23 10:10
Thats all interesting allegations. But nothing but allegations.

Theres been some documented issues, but not more than any other manufacturers phones.

Im not ignorant to Samsung problems at all. If mine had such an issue and it started to annoy me, i'd soon sell mine and get something better. Only a few days ago i had to hard reset my S3 because of problems, but they were caused by a problem app which even after uninstallation continued to affect my phone in a very bad way. But that was an issue with the app, not my phone.

It would seem people search for issues to complain about when you're the most popular.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-23 11:24

On 2013-03-23 10:10:02, etaab wrote:

It would seem people search for issues to complain about when you're the most popular.

+ 1

Randomcarpet, I cannot see relevans to the topic of this tread. . . . . . . . . never had any issues with my S II, S III, Note or Note II so your point of view has no significance to me, if Samsung's products keept failing on me I would get something better.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-24 19:22
http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Review_id3280

Review already
Phone?? What phone??
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-24 19:49
That screen looks gorgeous.

I do hope they bring that new Touchwiz interface to the S3 - love the new white backgrounds and the new weather widget.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-03-24 20:35
The problem with white backgrounds is they'll drain the battery quicker than black backgrounds.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-24 21:15
LG handsets been doing that white background for a while
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-25 13:18
Worth the hype??

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2013/03/25/cutting-room-galaxy-s4-launch-worth-the-hype-2/
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-03-25 16:26
Of course.

Its just a shame Samsung didnt equip the proper Exynos chipset with LTE capabilities. I dont like compromising one feature for another.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-25 16:59
Not when your paying a premium price for a phone,no
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic