Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 22:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-03-19 20:16:44, Away wrote:

On 2013-03-19 20:09:17, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2013-03-19 16:17:48, tranced wrote:
From the CM's G+ page:

Let’s start with the simplest form of this: CyanogenMod does not pre-announce support or lack of support for devices. Ever. Even for the Nexus 4, we did not announce support until a nightly build was available. Further, any announcement regarding the ‘dropping’ of device support will be communicated via this Google+ page, Twitter, Facebook, our blog, or a combination of those; it will not be something buried in a forum post.

This morning, a comment from a CM collaborator on XDA was taken to be as an ‘absolute’ in regards to support of the S4. He offered the opinion of four TeamHacksung maintainers, their frustrations and lack of interest in supporting the S4. What’s seemingly lost on those reading this is that his comments as an individual do not speak for CyanogenMod as an organization.

As for the team’s stance on the S4, there isn’t one at this time, and most definitely won’t be one before the device is sold at retail.

-The CyanogenMod Team

Thanks for this Tranced, so in other words no verdict is going to be reached until they have the phone in their hands, this means that our local Samsung haters jumped the gun in yet another failed attempt to talk down the GS4 due to their ignorance and blind fanboyism.

Away
Most likely half-decent builds for the Qualcomm model will be available, but the Exynos development will be next to non-existent is what the point was. Another point was some of the best developers have left Samsung development.

Here is more evidence of your ignorance. Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself now and looking rather desperate, end of the day the CM team has not come to a conclusion, and as we've seen with previous Galaxy S iterations, some devs leave and we get even better ones, each year we've had certain new devs come in with incredible new ROMs, so it's all good....I know ,that must just drive you insane, right?

Mediar

Exactly!

Listen, stop clowning around. On the thread I pasted the link too, it was already said that Cyanogen themselves would probably develop for it. I posted to show Entropy512, codeworkx, Hacksung (a team), gokhanmoral - in other words the main and best developers - leave Samsung.

@Mediar

Although I wasn't a member at the time, I did follow the 2012 portfolio thread. It was unanimous that no-one would respond to you. I'll adopt that stance.

@Tsepz

Seems you only started hating hard when you realised that Sony were on the ascent and Samsung were on the descent. Sad. Ah well, once the 2h Sony flagship is released, we'll let the best phone of the year do the talking. And when the phablet is released, we'll let the best phablet of the year do the talking. Same with the tablet. In the meantime, I won't waste my time with people that can't be bothered to provide evidence and label me ignorant when they know they're wrong.

Samsung on what descent??? The GS4 has received 40% more preregistration s than the GS3, HTE BEST SELLING Android and best selling smartphone of Q3 2012, if that is a descent then I'm sure even Sony would love it. Sony on what ascent? Entertain me, go on...

WRT the bolded text: What this tells me is that you have already given up on the Xperia Z, I don't blame you though, seems that Samsung is headed for another great year. Sony H2 flagship? it's going to be about as effective on GS4 sales as the Xperia T and Htc One X+ were to the GS3 and Note2 sales, in other words a drop in the ocean, just another "tried to beat Samsung yet failed like H1 flagship" this seems to be the story of Sony's life in Android, the H2flagship will have the Note3 and iPhone5S AND the GS4 to go up against. Same fate will go for the Phablet, and the very same will go for the Xperia Tablet Z, just another "tried to run against Samsung and Apple."

Are you aware of the fact that universities, schools, and airlines are making bulk orders on iPads and Samsung Galaxy Tab tablets??? This is on top of the fact that these two are the most established players in the game, Sony are a tiny player in tablet space, they barely have any good tablet content, and here you are with more crazy claims that Sony will some how lead here the tablet of the year certainly won't come from Sony, if its not going to be the iPad Mini with Retina Display it will probably be the Samsung Note8.0, an Asus tablet or an Amazon tablet. The tablet space is even tougher than the smartphone one.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 00:15
He, along with many others from the Xperia Z forum have some very bizarre ideas indeed.

Its almost like he wants to be embarrased every time he logs into the forum.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 14:18
Samsung Galaxy S 4 logs record pre-regs with Carphone Warehouse, four times the S III

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]e-four-times-the-S-III_id41042

Wow, not even a whole week since unveiling and GS4 has eclipsed GS3 prereg 4times over this will have our local Samsung haters fuming...
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-03-20 13:32 ]
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 15:26
Guys, I think it is clear to everyone that Galaxy S4 will sell more than Xperia Z and HTC One combined.
(Probably sales of S4 will be higher than all HTC devices sold this year (same for Sony))

But this does not mean Galaxy S4 is more than twice better than Xperia Z or HTC One.
For many people all of the 3 models are almost equally close to being the perfect device in different ways. (All of them have their strengths and weaknesses).

More than 70% of the buyers do not want to know what the terms on the spec sheets actually mean, nor they use more than 50% of the software that comes preinstalled on their devices. They decide to trust Samsung and buy its device, mostly because Samsung is the most famous smartphone maker and the market leader. These people cannot make a decision based on other factors, simply because they don't want to learn all the technical terminology.

Among tech-savvy buyers sales of Galaxy S4, HTC One and Xperia Z will probably be almost the same, but these people are much less than most of us think.

I don't know why you are defending everything Samsung does so fervently . All products have some problems and Samsung's products are no exception (their problems are clearly no major problems for you, but this does not mean they are not there) and their attitude towards the developer community is a joke. What have they done to fix the huge security hole present in all Exynos powered devices??? Why is it not a big deal that Samsung consistently violates the GPL???

Samsung's market share will continue to grow. If the trend continues, there will be virtually no competition in 2-3 years. Please don't tell me this is because their products are so much better than the competition. I expect that HTC will go bankrupt very soon, which is sad.
[ This Message was edited by: RandomCarpet on 2013-03-20 14:35 ]
TeeGee
Nokia Lumia 925
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 16:12
Funny, how several people, who were bashing Apple only a few months ago, for announcing a "new" phone, which was more of the same, with some improvements, but not innovative, now are defending Samsung for doing exactly the same.
So as it's been confirmed now, ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce a new species: the S-Sheep!

Live and let live, how hard can it be ?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 16:27
Post Deleted
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-03-20 17:08 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 16:28

On 2013-03-20 16:12:50, TeeGee wrote:
Funny, how several people, who were bashing Apple only a few months ago, for announcing a "new" phone, which was more of the same, with some improvements, but not innovative, now are defending Samsung for doing exactly the same.
So as it's been confirmed now, ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce a new species: the S-Sheep!

S-sheep are worse than iSheep
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 17:44
THE BIGGEST ADVANTAGE SAMSUNG HAS OVER APPLE AND OTHER SMARTPHONE VENDORS
Apple (AAPL), the world’s most profitable smartphone maker, has a number of advantages over most of the competition. Momentum, complete control over its end-to-end user experience, design prowess and a number of major new revenue channels it may be preparing to tap can be listed among them. But there is one area where top rival Samsung (005930) has a huge edge over Apple and other smartphone companies, and a recent report illustrates just how important it really is.

Earlier this week, research firm IHS iSuppli issued its compulsory pre-launch estimate for the Galaxy S 4′s bill of materials. According to that estimate, the Galaxy S 4 costs Samsung about $236 per unit excluding manufacturing costs. That figure is quite high compared to the estimated $207 Apple pays for each iPhone 5, but a key observation was made by Forbes’ Parmy Olson in a recent post: More than half of the cost of each Galaxy S 4 goes right back into Samsung’s pocket.

The international version of the Galaxy S 4 costs Samsung $236 per unit, but $149 worth of parts used in the phone are manufactured by Samsung, such as the eight-core Exynos processor and the full HD Super AMOLED display. That means 63% of Samsung’s cost per handset is funneled back into the company’s component businesses.

But beyond dollars and cents, this also gives Samsung a level of control over its devices that no other vendor can compete with. ”That type of specialization they can work with,” IHS analyst Wayne Lam said. “If they know these components are coming down the line they can start planning and innovating on the software. ‘We have this extra processing power, so why don’t we do this and that.’ “

BGR recently previewed the Galaxy S 4 and we called it the Android smartphone by which all others will be judged in 2013. The phone will begin rolling out globally next month.

http://bgr.com/2013/03/20/sam[....]nent-business-analysis-387632/
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 17:54
Preview by BGR:
SAMSUNG GALAXY S 4 PREVIEW: THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING
The king of Android phones is dead, long live the king. Samsung (005930) has taken the smartphone market by storm over the past few years, emerging as the clear leader in the Android smartphone race thanks to the Galaxy S III. The company is the only serious rival to Apple’s (AAPL) iPhone empire in terms of profits and shipment volume, and it is now the top-selling cell phone vendor in the world. Led by the flagship Galaxy S III, which has sold more than 40 million units globally, Samsung’s Galaxy lineup has muscled every other Android vendor out of the spotlight. Now, the company is looking to extend its lead with the brand new Galaxy S 4.

Samsung’s new smartphone bests its predecessor in nearly every possible way, from the display and the 13-megapixel camera to the software and unique features introduced alongside the latest version of TouchWiz. The Galaxy S 4 the Android smartphone by which all others will be judged in 2013.

http://bgr.com/2013/03/14/sam[....]y-s-4-hands-on-preview-374918/

RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 18:04

On 2013-03-20 17:44:15, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Apple (AAPL), the world’s most profitable smartphone maker, has a number of advantages over most of the competition. Momentum, complete control over its end-to-end user experience, design prowess and a number of major new revenue channels it may be preparing to tap can be listed among them. But there is one area where top rival Samsung (005930) has a huge edge over Apple and other smartphone companies, and a recent report illustrates just how important it really is.

Earlier this week, research firm IHS iSuppli issued its compulsory pre-launch estimate for the Galaxy S 4′s bill of materials. According to that estimate, the Galaxy S 4 costs Samsung about $236 per unit excluding manufacturing costs. That figure is quite high compared to the estimated $207 Apple pays for each iPhone 5, but a key observation was made by Forbes’ Parmy Olson in a recent post: More than half of the cost of each Galaxy S 4 goes right back into Samsung’s pocket.

The international version of the Galaxy S 4 costs Samsung $236 per unit, but $149 worth of parts used in the phone are manufactured by Samsung, such as the eight-core Exynos processor and the full HD Super AMOLED display. That means 63% of Samsung’s cost per handset is funneled back into the company’s component businesses.

But beyond dollars and cents, this also gives Samsung a level of control over its devices that no other vendor can compete with. ”That type of specialization they can work with,” IHS analyst Wayne Lam said. “If they know these components are coming down the line they can start planning and innovating on the software. ‘We have this extra processing power, so why don’t we do this and that.’ “

BGR recently previewed the Galaxy S 4 and we called it the Android smartphone by which all others will be judged in 2013. The phone will begin rolling out globally next month.

Yes, I agree with many of the things this article says.
But from another point of view, Sony probably makes quite a lot of revenue from supplying the camera sensors found on all top selling mobile devices:
- Galaxy S3
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5
- Galaxy S4
- Probably others
[ This Message was edited by: RandomCarpet on 2013-03-20 17:06 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 18:07
Isn't the cost down to where it's manufactured?? Cheaper Samsung phones are sometimes made in China like the iPhone is. But Samsung flagships are normally built in Korea. Would that be down to higher costs or not?? Am only asking not saying am right. Samsung are also one of if not the largest chip manufacturer in the world which it must make millions from.

Nokia Lumia 620
AKA,Bonovox
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-03-20 17:10 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 18:36

On 2013-03-20 18:04:31, RandomCarpet wrote:

On 2013-03-20 17:44:15, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Yes, I agree with many of the things this article says.
But from another point of view, Sony probably makes quite a lot of revenue from supplying the camera sensors found on all top selling mobile devices:
- Galaxy S3
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5
- Galaxy S4
- Probably others
[ This Message was edited by: RandomCarpet on 2013-03-20 17:06 ]

Clearly not enough to make them profitable.

Sean
Isn't the cost down to where it's manufactured?? Cheaper Samsung phones are sometimes made in China like the iPhone is. But Samsung flagships are normally built in Korea. Would that be down to higher costs or not?? Am only asking not saying am right. Samsung are also one of if not the largest chip manufacturer in the world which it must make millions from.

My GS3 says made in Korea, assembled in Vietnam, on the other hand, my GS2 says made in China. The cost depends on a mixture of things, but the main point is that Samsung make the more expensive components of the phone such as the NAND mem, Display, SoC etc... Themselves, that helps them shave off a huge amount of the cost, as it says in the article, most of the profit goes right back to them WRT components.

I'm simply stunned at how far this company has come, not even Nokia at their peak had this much power over not only the production of their own products but over the industry to, quite scary yet intriguing, and now Samsung have gone into the content game with the different media+education Hubs and Samsung Apps store, we are just seeing the beginning of it all.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-03-20 17:46 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 19:08
Vietnam?? Never seen that before a phone made there!!!! My friend in Hungary her husbands mom used to work at the Nokia factory there but it's gone now I think Used to love the days when Nokia was Made in Finland Nokia didn't have that same level back then cos the smartphone never really took off back when Nokia was top
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-03-20 18:09 ]
Phone?? What phone??
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 19:15

On 2013-03-20 18:36:36, Tsepz_GP wrote:
I'm simply stunned at how far this company has come, not even Nokia at their peak had this much power over not only the production of their own products but over the industry to, quite scary yet intriguing, and now Samsung have gone into the content game with the different media+education Hubs and Samsung Apps store, we are just seeing the beginning of it all.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-03-20 17:46 ]

Perhaps just one of the reasons they managed to achieve this is being heavily subsidized by the Korean government for years (or decades). Some Koreans have told me than it is very difficult for any small or medium sized company to do any kind of business in Korea. This is because Samsung, LG, Hyundai and several other big famous Korean companies produce and sell all kinds of products and services one can imagine. And of course this makes Samsung, LG, etc. very, very powerful.
For example: Samsung has its own hotels, gas stations and supermarkets in Korea. Among other things they make are: food products, cars and ships.

The government of a western country would have never allowed such big monopolist companies to exist (we love competition).
But in Korea it is the other way around - the government has helped Samsung, LG, etc. to become so big.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-20 19:24
Samsung hotels never knew that.
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic