Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 777879  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S4 announced
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 12:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-03-19 12:25:00, Away wrote:
@Everyone calling me ignorant without any evidence even though I have presented some, go on, what's your evidence?

Blind fanboyism at its best.

You're indeed correct, we haven't posted any evidence, reason being the evidence is in every post you've made, you've left a whole trail of evidence of your ignorance.

You have indeed shown blind fanboyism at its best, it's been entertaining though so thanks.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 13:16

On 2013-03-19 12:30:43, winnerzero wrote:
Interesting article...I know it won't dent sales but take that Samsung!
http://m.androidcentral.com/c[....]g-samsung-galaxy-s4-should-you

ROFL! Even the developers are seriously annoyed with Samsung. You know they are very, very annoyed when most of the key ones completely choose to boycott such a popular device as the SGS3S.

http://forum.xda-developers.c[....]st.php?p=39259494&postcount=24

http://www.gokhanmoral.com/

http://forum.xda-developers.c[....]st.php?p=39266216&postcount=39

The above links are the synopsis of this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2193382

By far the best article I have come across regarding the 'S4'.

http://xplod.fr/blog/?p=19
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-03-19 12:34 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 13:30

On 2013-03-19 12:30:43, winnerzero wrote:
Interesting article...I know it won't dent sales but take that Samsung!
http://m.androidcentral.com/c[....]g-samsung-galaxy-s4-should-you

Another Galaxy S release, another story about how CM won't come maybe they really won't do it this time, as they always ended up doing it from the days of the GS2, no matter how annoyed they get the Galaxy S sales keep 'em coming back.

Whether or not CM comes to GS4 what does it matter, I often ask myself who roots and throws custom ROMS in Samsung Galaxy S and Note devices anyway? These devices are more functional than Googles own Nexus line of smartphones, not only do Samsung keep the built in Android features they add their own, no way would I give up Multi-view Multitasking, Multi item clipboard, S Memo, great camera UI and its features, Notification bar customizations, built in reject list/Blacklist, the stability, fluidity speed and robust nature of Samsung's own official ROMs.

On top of all that there are plenty other ROM developers who will gladly accept this challenge, this has opened up opportunity for the smaller guys to shine on what will be the best selling Android.

Moving swiftly along....

Snapdragon 600 based Samsung Galaxy S4 is twice as fast as Galaxy S III and iPhone 5, easily beats HTC One too

http://blog.gsmarena.com/snap[....]ii-and-iphone-5-beats-htc-one/
http://www.redmondpie.com/gal[....]-in-twice-as-fast-as-iphone-5/

Can't wait to see the final benchmarks of the Exynos version, if the Qualcomm version is already owning everything else.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-03-19 12:35 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 16:17
From the CM's G+ page:

Let’s start with the simplest form of this: CyanogenMod does not pre-announce support or lack of support for devices. Ever. Even for the Nexus 4, we did not announce support until a nightly build was available. Further, any announcement regarding the ‘dropping’ of device support will be communicated via this Google+ page, Twitter, Facebook, our blog, or a combination of those; it will not be something buried in a forum post.

This morning, a comment from a CM collaborator on XDA was taken to be as an ‘absolute’ in regards to support of the S4. He offered the opinion of four TeamHacksung maintainers, their frustrations and lack of interest in supporting the S4. What’s seemingly lost on those reading this is that his comments as an individual do not speak for CyanogenMod as an organization.

As for the team’s stance on the S4, there isn’t one at this time, and most definitely won’t be one before the device is sold at retail.

-The CyanogenMod Team
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 16:33

On 2013-03-19 16:17:48, tranced wrote:
From the CM's G+ page:

Let’s start with the simplest form of this: CyanogenMod does not pre-announce support or lack of support for devices. Ever. Even for the Nexus 4, we did not announce support until a nightly build was available. Further, any announcement regarding the ‘dropping’ of device support will be communicated via this Google+ page, Twitter, Facebook, our blog, or a combination of those; it will not be something buried in a forum post.

This morning, a comment from a CM collaborator on XDA was taken to be as an ‘absolute’ in regards to support of the S4. He offered the opinion of four TeamHacksung maintainers, their frustrations and lack of interest in supporting the S4. What’s seemingly lost on those reading this is that his comments as an individual do not speak for CyanogenMod as an organization.

As for the team’s stance on the S4, there isn’t one at this time, and most definitely won’t be one before the device is sold at retail.

-The CyanogenMod Team

Most likely half-decent builds for the Qualcomm model will be available, but the Exynos development will be next to non-existent is what the point was. Another point was some of the best developers have left Samsung development.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 16:58
This speed & benchmarking,is it just me or does it not really matter unless your playing HD games?? General day to day usage you'd be hard pressed to spot the difference between this and the GS3. Looking at videos,scrolling through menus and home screens just looks the same as before not faster nor slower. Quad Core, Octa Core,Sod Core,Mod Core whatever I still think it's overkill. Dual Core is enough imo if the OS is right.
Phone?? What phone??
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-03-19 17:52

On 2013-03-18 19:12:00, Away wrote:
Because this is a Samsung Galaxy S3S thread, I won't go too off-topic, but it has to be said: Samsung, and pretty much every OEM except Sony, only care about their high-end products. Sony gave its entire 2011 line ICS (except the Play), most of its 2012 line will get jellybean (including a low-end) and in 2013, the first phone available with 4.2.2 will be a Sony.

Wrong!

Unfortunately, Sony Mobile confirmed that a number of lower-end Xperia handsets will not be updated to Jelly Bean. This includes the Xperia U, Xperia sola, Xperia miro and Xperia tipo.

And knowing how buggy and half-baked their ICS update for the 2011 Xperias was, I wouldn't call it update at all. It's nothing more than a downgrade for the entire 2011 portfolio. It's not something to be proud of.

EDIT:
Samsung, and pretty much every OEM except Sony, only care about their high-end..

Yep, Sony doesn't care about its flagship at all. Look at the Xperia Arc/ S and its shitty ICS downgrade, Xperia S, still waiting for Android 4.1, or the Xperia Z with its shitty screen. And you call that "calling me ignorant without any evidence"? Who's the blind fanboy now?
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2013-03-19 16:59 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 18:57
GSM Arena has a preview
Phone?? What phone??
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 19:51
Preview -> http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s4-review-910.php

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 19:55
Sorry,that casing is
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 20:09

From the CM's G+ page:

-The CyanogenMod Team

Thanks for this Tranced, so in other words no verdict is going to be reached until they have the phone in their hands, this means that our local Samsung haters jumped the gun in yet another failed attempt to talk down the GS4 due to their ignorance and blind fanboyism.

Away
Most likely half-decent builds for the Qualcomm model will be available, but the Exynos development will be next to non-existent is what the point was. Another point was some of the best developers have left Samsung development.

Here is more evidence of your ignorance. Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself now and looking rather desperate, end of the day the CM team has not come to a conclusion, and as we've seen with previous Galaxy S iterations, some devs leave and we get even better ones, each year we've had certain new devs come in with incredible new ROMs, so it's all good....I know ,that must just drive you insane, right?

Mediar

Exactly!
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 20:16

On 2013-03-19 20:09:17, Tsepz_GP wrote:

From the CM's G+ page:

-The CyanogenMod Team

Thanks for this Tranced, so in other words no verdict is going to be reached until they have the phone in their hands, this means that our local Samsung haters jumped the gun in yet another failed attempt to talk down the GS4 due to their ignorance and blind fanboyism.

Away

Here is more evidence of your ignorance. Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself now and looking rather desperate, end of the day the CM team has not come to a conclusion, and as we've seen with previous Galaxy S iterations, some devs leave and we get even better ones, each year we've had certain new devs come in with incredible new ROMs, so it's all good....I know ,that must just drive you insane, right?

Mediar

Exactly!

Listen, stop clowning around. On the thread I pasted the link too, it was already said that Cyanogen themselves would probably develop for it. I posted to show Entropy512, codeworkx, Hacksung (a team), gokhanmoral - in other words the main and best developers - leave Samsung.

@Mediar

Although I wasn't a member at the time, I did follow the 2012 portfolio thread. It was unanimous that no-one would respond to you. I'll adopt that stance.

@Tsepz

Seems you only started hating hard when you realised that Sony were on the ascent and Samsung were on the descent. Sad. Ah well, once the 2h Sony flagship is released, we'll let the best phone of the year do the talking. And when the phablet is released, we'll let the best phablet of the year do the talking. Same with the tablet. In the meantime, I won't waste my time with people that can't be bothered to provide evidence and label me ignorant when they know they're wrong.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-03-19 21:21

On 2013-03-19 20:16:44, Away wrote:
@Mediar

Although I wasn't a member at the time, I did follow the 2012 portfolio thread. It was unanimous that no-one would respond to you. I'll adopt that stance.

@Tsepz

Seems you only started hating hard when you realised that Sony were on the ascent and Samsung were on the descent. Sad. Ah well, once the 2h Sony flagship is released, we'll let the best phone of the year do the talking. And when the phablet is released, we'll let the best phablet of the year do the talking. Same with the tablet. In the meantime, I won't waste my time with people that can't be bothered to provide evidence and label me ignorant when they know they're wrong.

Yeah, of course, that's how the little children do. When you can't win your own game, you just rage quit.

I'm tired of listening to the same bullshit yet again - "you'll see what's gonna happen when Sony releases its new phablet/1H flagship/2H flagship/bla bla"... Are you not tired of lying yourself? You're repeating the same statement since the day one of the new Sony Mobile! Xperia Z is already third Sony flagship in a row after S and T/TX/V, but none of them appeared to be as groundbreaking and game-changing as you were trying to convince us before each announcement aka up to now none of your expectations for something revolutionary have come true. I have absolutely no reason to believe you that something is gonna change in the future. The legendary phablet and 2h flagship are going to be the same failure as the "incredible" S, TX and Z. Your hype has always appeared to be worthless. Or all of them "were the best" in a way no one has understood it...

Edit: just look at tapas123 - a few hours after he got his Z, he started facing problems!
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2013-03-19 20:38 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 21:41

On 2013-03-19 19:55:33, Sean72 wrote:
Sorry,that casing is

It depend of viewing angles and light source.

but except that the black version have again the "metal brushed" look as the GS3

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 22:05
The best looking Samsung handset currently is Ativ S imo
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic