Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung Galaxy S4 announced

Previous  123 ... 789 ... 777879  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S4 announced
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-17 22:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't believe you understand what a hugh company Samsung is : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung

But this is the G S IV tread so back on topic. . . . . . . . .
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-17 22:11
As a consumer I couldn't be bothered who invented what, it's about who creates the best package that we can buy. If we were to be so concerned about who exactly invented what we wouldn't be buying products from companies such as Samsung, Sony, Apple etc... Much of this technology was patented decades ago by multiple companies, some of them very tiny companies who got bought/swallowed up by bigger companies like Microsoft, Google, Samsung, Htc, Sony, Nokia etc...

Samsung in itself is in such a wide variety of businesses from medical equipment, chemicals, telecommunications etc... I have no idea of what they have invented, nor do I care, what I do know is that they seem to be one of the best at almost everything they do, and seem to be the only other company other than Apple that is now focused on building a solid Eco system.

As a Samsung and Apple user I've been able to realize just what makes them the only companies that make actual profits in their businesses, and why they pretty much own Mobile.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-17 22:13
Am bored now everyone so lets shut up and move on. @Rikken,the wheel?? Didn't you know Apple invented the wheel
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-17 22:15
That must have been the iWheel
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-17 22:28

On 2013-03-17 22:01:38, rikken wrote:
I don't believe you understand what a hugh company Samsung is : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung

But this is the G S IV tread so back on topic. . . . . . . . .

Gooooodness me, they started in 1938!!???

And when we look at Samsung Electronics specifically, they have come quite a long way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Electronics

Just as I said., they pretty much do well in everything they are in

Samsung Electronics is the world's largest mobile phone maker by 2011 unit sales and world's second-largest semiconductor chip maker by 2011 revenues (after Intel Corporation). It has been the world's largest television manufacturer since 2006 and the world's largest maker of LCD panels for eight consecutive years.[5] It has the largest marketshare worldwide in memory chips.[6] The company is the world's largest vendor of smartphones since 2011.[7] Samsung has also established a prominent position in the tablet computer market, with the release of the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy Tab.

It gets even more interesting:
In 2005, Samsung Electronics surpassed Japanese rival, Sony, for the first time to become the world's twentieth-largest and most popular consumer brand, as measured by Interbrand.

And would you look at this, as I've been saying, Samsung were on their way to success even before Android:
In 2007, Samsung Electronics became the world's second-largest mobile-phone maker, overtaking Motorola for the first time.[17] In 2009, Samsung achieved total revenues of US$117.4 billion, overtaking Hewlett-Packard to become the world's largest technology company measured by sales.

And thi was a little interesting:
As of 2006, it held more than 600 American patents and more than 2,800 international patents, making it the largest owner of AMOLED technology patents.

This is a company with quite a lot of history,, it's actually quite scary to think how large and dominant they could become due to their sheer size and resources, they could end up buying some of the older and dying Japanese brands, amongst others in the long run.

Anyway back to the GS4, were totally losing track here.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-03-17 23:02
I havent been around to keep up with the last 8 pages of this thread so i'll just add my opinion.

Nice job once again Samsung, it will be the best selling Android phone again this year, it has everything the S3 has and more. So thats more than their competitors.

Is it worth upgrading from a S3 to a S4 ? probably not. Will i be ? probably not.

I do wish they had changed the design though. Really would have liked some aluminium in the design.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-17 23:03
And did you know LG used to be called Goldstar or Lucky Goldstar. Good job they changed the name Samsung used to be a very low budget company. I don't really care who is bigger than who or who makes what as long as i like it
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-17 23:13
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-17 23:25

On 2013-03-17 23:02:18, etaab wrote:
I havent been around to keep up with the last 8 pages of this thread so i'll just add my opinion.

Nice job once again Samsung, it will be the best selling Android phone again this year, it has everything the S3 has and more. So thats more than their competitors.

Is it worth upgrading from a S3 to a S4 ? probably not. Will i be ? probably not.

I do wish they had changed the design though. Really would have liked some aluminium in the design.

Couldn't have said it better myself perfect summary.

I myself don't know if I'll get it, especially since Samsung already confirmed we're getting all the Hardware independent software features in the GS3, if I do upgrade this year I may try something different, owning a Samsung I already have the best of what Android brings, would now like to try maybe BB or even an iPhone, a small part of me is also growing curious of what WP9 may bring, if its like WP8 then I doubt I'll be interested.

Sean
oh yes, these Korean brands have some rather intriguing history, why does a part of me feel that Korea is now what Japan used to be? I mean even their cars, Hyundai, Kia etc... Are taking over, with incredible build quality and features, they even have BMW a little shaken.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-03-17 22:26 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-18 00:18
Samsung tv sets only took over in terms of sales from Sony due to cheaper sets with as good quality. I don't think everything Korean is now more successful than all Japanese companies. Samsung was fined millions years ago in America over lost business due to certain businesses buying their equipment and they were continually faulty ie Blueray players. And in another case faulty capacitors over a number of years in monitors and tv sets sold over the world. No company is perfect. Personally i would buy a Sony tv over Samsung. Apparently,a poll suggested people voted Sanyo as one of the worst Japanese companies. Anyway going off topic again

Nokia Lumia 620
AKA,Bonovox
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-03-17 23:20 ]
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2013-03-18 03:25
I'm just fed up with Samsungs cheap plastic builds. Owning the S2, I was waiting for Samsung to release a phone that actually felt like you had paid £££s for it... At first the S3 came with the same old cheap plastic, and now a whole year later the S4 has arrived. It's STILL using the same cheap glossy plastic with the exact same design.
If you disregard the gimmicky software features all you're left with is a S3 with a slightly bigger, higher resolution screen.
Although I really like Touchwiz and the updates Samsung bring you, I would much rather hold in my hand a phone that looked and felt as though it was worth the money I had paid for it.
This is why I'm disappointed with Samsung, compromising build and design for the sake of a few software gimmicks..
I'm looking more closely at the HTC One, although it's not perfect, it's a darn sight more interesting than the S4 IMO.
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-03-18 12:51
I can't agree more about the plastic lol

I think Samsung haven't done much to this phone cos they
Think apples 5S will be more or less the same as the iPhone 5

So they have slacked abit and added a few vajazzley extras to there
S3/4

So stupid owners of S3 hold yer horses and think before
You decide to part ur 3 for 4 lol
[ This Message was edited by: Miss UK on 2013-03-18 11:53 ]
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-18 13:15
Like I said,Samsung Wave 1,2 & 3 had stunning all metal solid designs. That's why I love Nokia polycarbonate body really rock solid build.
Phone?? What phone??
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-03-18 15:44
Until this date, I'm still couldn't find myself to like any Samsung product. I still look at Samsung as a cheap brand. For TV, I will always go with bravia. For smartphone,with S4, its continue to look cheap in my eyes.
[ This Message was edited by: MyP910 on 2013-03-18 14:44 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-18 17:05
Android 5.0 coming to Samsung Galaxy S 4, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]y-S-III-Galaxy-Note-II_id40977

The advantages of launching an Android smartphone on the very latest OS version continue to pay-off it seems, Samsung must have most of their devs working on 5.0 already.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic