Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > HTC announces HTC One 4.7-inch flagship smartphone

Previous  123 ... 111213 ... 161718  Next
Author HTC announces HTC One 4.7-inch flagship smartphone
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 16:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-05-23 15:59:51, Away wrote:
From what it seems, it's only doing decent in certain markets. The sales figures are unofficial. And no-one here besides etaab wants htc to fail.

The one is doing good in the USA, hardly going to conflict with the z there...

I've seen one htc one so far, and more Zs in London. It's not exactly taking the world by storm...

Yes, well, I've seen more BlackBerry Z10s than any 2013 Androids, what you and I see won't always be representative of what's really going on. No, the One isn't taking the world by storm, that's a roll reserved by Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S, but considering the amount of crap surrounding HTC from IP suits, supply chain issues, infighting, component shortages etc... For it to manage to get anywhere close to 5million in such a short time is incredible. Is there any other flagship that has managed this outside of Apple and Samsung in the last 3years?
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-05-23 15:11 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 19:23
I like the One the way it looks and feels. Only thing I don't like is Sense 5 looks a bit dull
Phone?? What phone??
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 20:59
I hope it's true. I'd rather HTC do well then Samsung. But I won't believe 5m sold until we get more solid information.

There's that many BlackBerry faithfuls in south Africa???

I didn't use seeing phones to estimate anything, but I've seen quite a few s4s so far, most in the hands of people that don't know why they got it except the fact that they heard it was the best, so it was a very rough benchmark.

But all these senior employees leaving shows that this temporary success is completely unexpected. All the signs showed failure. A smaller screen with the same footprint, a fail at a camera, a delayed launch and an attempt to restrict multitasking in android?
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-05-23 20:01 ]
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-23 21:16

On 2013-05-23 20:59:55, Away wrote:
But all these senior employees leaving shows that this temporary success is completely unexpected. All the signs showed failure. A smaller screen with the same footprint, a fail at a camera, a delayed launch and an attempt to restrict multitasking in android?

I still can't find any reasonable explanation for their decision to ditch the multitasking button.
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 21:55

And no-one here besides etaab wants htc to fail.

And so speaks the voice of the moron. Im surprised you're even brave enough to try joining in conversations outside of Sony threads where you're idiotic opinions and foul language are tolerated.

@ Tsepz_GP - I do find it very entertaining regarding the sales figures after what the aforementioned morons claimed not so long ago.

Good job to HTC, I just hope it secures their future. Theres only them and Samsung who make half decent Android phones. Plus Samsung need a proper rival to stop them becoming Apple - dull, boring and little innovation.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 22:09

On 2013-05-23 20:59:55, Away wrote:
I hope it's true. I'd rather HTC do well then Samsung. But I won't believe 5m sold until we get more solid information.

There's that many BlackBerry faithfuls in south Africa???

I didn't use seeing phones to estimate anything, but I've seen quite a few s4s so far, most in the hands of people that don't know why they got it except the fact that they heard it was the best, so it was a very rough benchmark.

[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-05-23 20:01 ]

I hope so to, but I don't see why it wouldn't be, if they are lying it will be exposed by research firms and even their next quarter results

It's a nightmare, eveywhere you go there's BBs here, and the Z10 is taking over, although I still see more 9900 Bolds than any other smartphone now.

I hope they sort all that out, maybe Htc was in need of a major reshuffle, sometimes thats what it takes.
As for multitasking, that all started with the One X, it's quite an odd move, the One X didnt keep apps going in the background, it had owners finding tricks to bring back normal Android multitasking.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 23:33

On 2013-05-23 21:55:22, etaab wrote:

And no-one here besides etaab wants htc to fail.

And so speaks the voice of the moron. Im surprised you're even brave enough to try joining in conversations outside of Sony threads where you're idiotic opinions and foul language are tolerated.

@ Tsepz_GP - I do find it very entertaining regarding the sales figures after what the aforementioned morons claimed not so long ago.

Good job to HTC, I just hope it secures their future. Theres only them and Samsung who make half decent Android phones. Plus Samsung need a proper rival to stop them becoming Apple - dull, boring and little innovation.

Indeed! We need Htc to keep Samsung on its toes, they are the only ones who can! All Htc need now is a bloody good Phablet to go against the Note3.
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 23:40
A person that says HTC have poor build quality should not be telling others to not voice opinions on HTC threads. Regarding the sales numbers, a certain nobody couldn't be bothered to read the last few posts...
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-05-24 09:51 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-24 11:33
HTC now looking to be working on a pure Google version of the One. This could be future alternatives with many flagships now to satisfy all consumers
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-24 19:46
@ Away - you know people like me are much more forgiving of people like you when you don't keep attacking them for reasons by which you don't understand.

Do you even realise what you've said ? that people regardless of who you mean should not have an opinion and to post it here ? that's what I call censorship. Now the last time I checked, I don't like in a suppressed regime or country and Esato certainly isn't hosted in one. If I have an opinion that HTC phones are of lower quality, then that's my opinion and im entitled to it. Who are you to assume you have some sort of authority to instruct who can say some things, but not others ?

So you might say I should not be telling people something, but then, you should not be telling me what I can say or not either - get it ??

@ Bonovox - it would be nice sure, but I don't think a HTC would have much to gain from such a venture, apart from a few extra sales. Google are the ones gaining from such ventures by having their vanilla OS more up to date and less fragmented across more devices, boosting their profile against iOS and their other main rivals.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-24 20:01
http://www.phonedog.com/2013/[....]ion-of-one-with-stock-android/

Rumours anyway
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-24 20:41

HTC One & Xperia P back looks similar
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-25 18:01
It would be good though. Like ive said many times on this forum, it would be good for all Android phone makers to give the user the option to install a vanilla version of Android if they so wish. So, if you like the style of HTC phones but don't want Sense, you could install basic skimmed Android. Same with Touchwhiz and whatever Sony, LG, Motorola and the rest call theirs.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-25 18:43
Two main things that I have read in reviews that irritate people about the One. The first is the middle HTC logo where the home button normally is & also you cannot turn off Blink Feed
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-25 18:48
http://www.pocket-lint.com/ne[....]5-x-inch-screen-launching-soon

Seems a bigger One is coming
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 111213 ... 161718  Next
Goto page: