Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung makes 8 of the top 10 most used Android devices

Author Samsung makes 8 of the top 10 most used Android devices
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-02-10 23:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It's no secret that Samsung is dominating the Android market, but
the margin of its lead might be a bit surprising to some. According to a report from mobile analytics firm Localytics , the Koreans account for eight of the top 10 Android devices in use.

As one can expect, Samsung's latest flagship Galaxy S III and its predecessor Galaxy S II are the top guns, holding a combined share of 17.4%. The mid-range Galaxy Ace is a distant third spot with 3% of the Android market, followed by the Note and the Note II phablets with 2.6% and 2% respectively.

Amazon's Kindle Fire sneaks in the list with 1.7% of the Android users. The tablet is followed by the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with 1.4% of the Android devices. The other smartphones in the list are Galaxy Y ,Droid RAZR and Epic 4G.

According to the report, Samsung controls whopping 47% of the total Android market share.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsu[....]d_devices_in_use-news-5517.php
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-11 01:35
becoming too common like Apple
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-02-11 08:41
No, they're not. Sammy is much more innovative and they produce phones for a much larger marked, not only for those who can afford a high-end phone
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-11 13:42
They're very common, but for very different reasons than Apples popularity.

Feature wise, Samsung phones are the best all rounder Android phones. HTC, Sony, LG and the rest simply dont put the same effort into their handsets. LG are great at trying to deliver the best chipsets, but then suck when it comes to software and updates. Sony are great at designs and some cool software, but their hardware is always behind the times. HTC are the best of the rest, they actually compete with Samsung but never learn from their mistakes sadly.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-02-12 09:10
Samsung have done an excellent job, especially with the GS2, GS3, GNote, GNote2 and GAce, they have a solid line-up with great specs, the best hardware, great software optimization for the hardware and top notch update support.

Sitting on Android4.1.2 XELLA FW on my GS3 and i simply cannot complain, the software is near perfection, same with my GS2 on 4.0.4, but im going to update it to 4.1.2 as it seems its some how got better with JB, lol.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-13 02:18
I only mean it as in too many Samsung handsets all looking too samey. I just like to be different I do love what they do but am not a fan of TW the look of it and don't like using 3rd party launchers either
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-13 22:52
I must admit 2012's line up all did look and feel very samey. Personally im hoping they go down the aluminium route this year.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-13 23:31
Like they did with the Wave phones
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-02-14 09:26

On 2013-02-13 22:52:36, etaab wrote:
I must admit 2012's line up all did look and feel very samey. Personally im hoping they go down the aluminium route this year.

Would be great but I doubt we will see that, atleast not in a Galaxy S model but maybe in a Galaxy Note model we will and thats still a big maybe.

Samsung seem to be putting a ton of money into 5 main things:
-Marketing
-Software (development and optimization)
-Internal hardware (CPU, GPU, Memory chips, antenna)
-Battery tech
-Displays

Build quality and design dont seem too high a priority, their phones are well built and well designed but you can tell they havent put as much effort into those two as they have the other things, so this year I expect more Polycarbonate use, it seems to be cheaper than metal, and also I expect a sort of evolution of the GS3/Note2 designs.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 21:54
Thanks to my new job, i'll be able to buy the next flagship this year, but as always im not convinced until things are announced. If the S4 isnt much of an upgrade other than CPU power i doubt i'll buy one.

Im kinda hoping Nokia release a Windows Phone 808 style 41mp monster phone, just for its camera alone i would fork out a ton of money.

As for aluminium, i think they should go for more premium materials like aluminium. I dont want glass though, like the iPhone 4 / 4S or the new Xperia Z. They're far too easily ruined by a single drop.

The one thing that is annoying me about my S3 at the moment is the battery cover. It creaks when im using the phone for the simple fact that its not held on with all of the lugs from when it was new. About 3 or 4 lugs are missing and have snapped off because ive removed the battery cover many times usually to access the micro SD or sim card. Its easily replaced though.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 21:58
Samsung
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 21:59
A truely creative and well thought out point. Well done.

Ironically pointless though.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 22:22

On 2013-02-15 21:58:09, worf1000 wrote:
Samsung

If Samsung makes you sick, you would probably benefit from not mentioning them
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 22:24

On 2013-02-15 21:59:26, etaab wrote:
A truely creative and well thought out point. Well done.

Ironically pointless though.

If you insist, the only thing what Samsung can do is copy from other inspiration and technology and than you read here well done samsung you are innovating what have they innovating stuff?

Then you read features wise Samsung are all the best all rounder, what the hell is this for bullshit?
What features they mention?, you don't read here only features wise what features wise tell me the features than?

Than you read: Samsung have done an excellent job, what job they do? Copy I phone's design to get more attention from I-phone users. Samsung get also government support, be proud on that and also it calls false competition.

Stealing information from other tech companies, be also proud on that. Need i go on?
What s useless and stupid article, if samsung so important without Samsung.

Guys, i just getting sick of Samsung sorry for that
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2013-02-15 21:28 ]
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 22:42
If you believe that Samsung's success comes from stealing and copying maybe this article will enlighten you : http://www.samsung.com/us/news/20312
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi