Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > The Official Camera Phone Shootout Competition February 2013: "People"

Author The Official Camera Phone Shootout Competition February 2013: "People"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 22:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It's going to be wall to wall sunshine tomorrow so I shall take my Xperia T out & go look for some people to shoot(not actually shoot people)
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 22:44
If you can get willing participants..
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 22:45
Hmm,yeah gotta be also careful at who you take photos of in public too
Phone?? What phone??
9_Destiny
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-02-01 23:25
Thx 4 the congrats

I’m glad that most of you like the new theme.

@ bono – yes, I’ve used your shot because I like the atmosphere of that picture. Btw. which band received such standing ovation?

@ felimenta – as I said before it’s damn good shot. I like it very much and decided to put here as good example.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 23:53
It was English singer Ellie Goulding. She's had 2 No.1 albums now in UK & US I was right at the front it was a fantastic night pity though I never had a better camera at the time.
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-02-01 22:54 ]
Phone?? What phone??
mochuothp
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2013-02-02 08:04
love this theme
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-02 11:14
@ Sean72 - thats my main issue with this months theme. How many of us are capable of capturing an image which will have peoples permission to take ?

Isnt there a law somewhere you cannot publish peoples pictures without their consent ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
9_Destiny
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-02-02 11:41

On 2013-02-02 11:14:59, etaab wrote:
@ Sean72 - thats my main issue with this months theme. How many of us are capable of capturing an image which will have peoples permission to take ?

Isnt there a law somewhere you cannot publish peoples pictures without their consent ?

No etaab, gruop shot don’t need any permission of people being photographed, because each person are only the small part of whole image. I’ve checked the law issue. Group shot starts from 3 people. If someone of you want to capture happy couple (2 persons) then I guess that u might know them somehow, and tell them that you are taking part of monthly competition. So no worries, keep looking and keep shooting.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-02 14:18
There is no specific law in UK but you cannot photograph children without permission. If your taking pics of say an area around you and people are standing around you can rightfully take the photo. You cannot ask everyone in the street to move out the way. As long as your not right in a strangers face
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-02 17:48
Here's my entry,Birmingham busker singing his heart out.

Original
Phone?? What phone??
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2013-02-02 17:59

On 2013-02-01 16:03:00, hihihans wrote:
Please mlife, cool down.

you made your point and to a certain level I agree with you. However, the themes here at esato have always been a guide, not a rule. It's also up to the theme maker to let us know how tight the rules are. I wanted a number visible somewhere in the photo. I remember "fire" where a reflection was banned. The actual flames needed to be in the pic. I can also think that theme "red" wants a red subject, not the background.

for now it's"people". To many options to not participate.

I think you misunderstand me... I am cool/calm... not angry at all which maybe doesn't come across well via my writing style but none-the-less "cool"... frustrated YES... but perfectly cool. [addsig]
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-02-02 18:04
I'm wondering... Xperia V (now Xperia Z, Xperia T and ports to some other Xperia devices) have the camera effects built in (Fish Eye, Sepia, Black and White and so on). Would it be allowed to use them, (considering the effect is added when the camera takes the photo, not after) ? (I'd use Black and White or Sepia. The others wouldn't be good).
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2013-02-02 18:15

On 2013-02-01 22:23:05, etaab wrote:
@ mlife - I know it seems a little unfair and annoying but thats just the competition. Winners are decided on peoples opinions which they translate through their votes. Whether the winning photo actually qualifies in your opinion or mine is irrelevant. Some people will see the pictures dont qualify and others will think they do - so they vote for them.

This is after all the internet - the home of crazy people with crazy opinions.

I voted for the winning picture for one main reason. I actually preferred your picture but i voted for the winning image simply because it was less, umm.. artificial than yours. You set up the scene which if you read back in last months competition earlier in the thread i was moaning about. But yours was the best of the set up scenes.

I fully understand your point... and as I have stated before I truly believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, mine just seems to be less popular or "crazy" as you say... and that's fine by me. However, and with no disrespect what you describe is more of a snapshot than a photo or "artificial" image like mine... IMO "snapshots" have no place in a photo contest and I personally will NEVER vote on a photo that appears to have no thought other than pushing a button. And let me be clear in saying that in no WAY is that directed toward 9 as it is quite apparent his photo was not without thought and an excellent image but just not a good representation of the theme IMO.... but now that I understand the OP gets the final say in what goes, it makes much more sense.

Great theme for the month however, can't wait to see all the awesome pics.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2013-02-02 17:21 ]
[addsig]
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-02-02 19:13
@Sean72. Do you have his permission?
second person apeared just in time
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-02 19:22
Yep I gave him a quid Could have got a better angle maybe lower down looking up at him perhaps but never mind. He might have thought I was wierd or something
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-02-02 18:22 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic