Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia Z Officially Announced

Previous  123 ... 424344 ... 220221222  Next
Author Xperia Z Officially Announced
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-26 19:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The Lumia 920 was a let down in terms of pure image quality,it is good at night shots & has outstanding video recording especially for things like loud concerts with it's special microphones. But daytime image quality was not as good as expected from Nokia imo
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-26 19:57
Anyone seen this vid??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5oHKJrhtaM
Phone?? What phone??
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-01-27 04:03
via zomgbbqftw:

Z - Europe and Japan in Feb, Asia in
early March, India in March, NA in
March
ZL - Europe and Japan N/A (possibly
Q2 for Europe), Asia in March to
April, India in early April, NA in late
March
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 04:31

On 2013-01-26 16:44:42, tapas123 wrote:

On 2013-01-26 16:17:00, Sean72 wrote:
It's a digital image stabilizer not optical. If it was optical don't you think Sony would be shouting about it as one of the stand out features?? Just as Nokia has Sony has obviously not.

ohh but i hope the image quality of z would be much better than lumia 920...

I Am Quite Sure, That The Image Quality Of Xperia Z Lower Will Image Submitted By Lumia 920 PureView LITE !

And Explanation For This Affirmation is Very Simple:

1º Better Optical Assembly (Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar Wide Angle 26 mm And f/2.0) !

2º Bigger And Better Image Sensor (CMOS BSI Toshiba, 1/3”) !

3º Bigger Pixel Size (1,4 Microns) !

4º Best System From Image Stabilization (Optical Image Stabiliser) !

5º Best Led Integrated (Double Led Short Pulse High Power 4rd Generation) !

6º Best Picture Post Processing (Nokia Image Processing) !

P.S: Theoretical And Practical Reasons Why Simply Impossible Is The Xperia Z Have A Digital Camera That Present The Best Lumia 920 PureView LITE !
[ This Message was edited by: Guarulhos on 2013-01-27 03:50 ]
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 04:38

On 2013-01-26 19:17:19, Sean72 wrote:
The Lumia 920 was a let down in terms of pure image quality,it is good at night shots & has outstanding video recording especially for things like loud concerts with it's special microphones. But daytime image quality was not as good as expected from Nokia imo

I Agree With You, In Terms Of Technology PUREVIEW, Really Taking As Parameter Of Quality 808 PureView PRO... The Lumia 920 PureView LITE Left To Desire !

But Even With Their Limitations, It Still Is Superior To Xperia Z !

P.S: 13 MP With A Tiny Image Sensor (1/3.06”) And Pixel Size (1,12 Microns) Is A Real Joke Of Bad Taste Of Japanese !!!
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 05:10
@Guarulhos

Do not comment on something you have not tested yet. Your points are invalid anyway. Z has a superior sensor and lens too. Even the Xperia T/V are enough to match/beat Lumia 920 overall (except low light).

There was a link earlier in the thread to some site who tested Xperia Z camera and compared it with Lumia 920, they have mentioned the Z camera is definitely better than Lumia 920.

So who should people trust ? People who have tested both phones or you who is just guessing and claiming things without even knowing how Exmor RS works !!
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-27 04:22 ]
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 06:22

On 2013-01-27 05:10:16, randomuser wrote:
@Guarulhos

Do not comment on something you have not tested yet. Your points are invalid anyway. Z has a superior sensor and lens too. Even the Xperia T/V are enough to match/beat Lumia 920 overall (except low light).

There was a link earlier in the thread to some site who tested Xperia Z camera and compared it with Lumia 920, they have mentioned the Z camera is definitely better than Lumia 920.

So who should people trust ? People who have tested both phones or you who is just guessing and claiming things without even knowing how Exmor RS works !!

You Said That My Arguments Are Not Valid !

I See No Inconsistency In Them !

Leaving Aside Preference And Predictions False , Come On "REAL" Facts:

1º Optical Assembly:

Xperia Z
(Sony IU134F9-Z Wide Angle 28mm, 4 Elements, 4 Groups All Of Plastic And f/2.4) !

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar Wide Angle 26mm, 5 Elements, 1 Group All Lens Surfaces Are Aspherical And f/2.0) !

Final Verdict: Victory Of Lumia 920 PureView LITE (Biggest Opening Focal, Increased Field Of View, Greater Depth Of Field And Best Quality Of Material Comprising The Optical Assembly) !

2º Image Sensor:

Xperia Z
(CMOS BSI SONY EXMOR RS IMX 135 "1/3.06”)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(CMOS BSI TOSHIBA T4K34 "1/3” And True 16:9/4:3 Aspect Ratios)

Final Verdict: Victory Of Lumia 920 PureView LITE (Bigger And Better Image Sensor) !

3º Pixel Size:

Xperia Z
(1.12 Microns)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(1.4 Microns)

Final Verdict: Victory Of Lumia 920 PureView LITE (Bigger Pixel Size) !

4º Image Stabilization:

Xperia Z
(Digital)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(Optical Barrel Shift Type)

Final Verdict: Victory Of Lumia 920 PureView LITE (Better Image Stabilization) !

5º Type Of Led Integrated:

Xperia Z
(Single Led 3rd Generation)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(Double Led Short Pulse High Power 4rd Generation)

Final Verdict: Victory Of Lumia 920 PureView LITE (Better Led Integrated) !

6º Picture Post Processing:

Xperia Z
(Sony Image Processing)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(Nokia Image Processing)

Final Verdict: Victory Of Lumia 920 PureView LITE (Better Picture Post Processing) !

Now You Know It All, How A Cameraphone Can Be Better Than The Other If He Has Worst Optical Assembly, Image Sensor, Pixel Size, Image Stabilization, Led Integrated And Picture Post Processing ??? Answer: Because You're a Sony Fan ?

Only A Clarification I Do Nothing Guessing, Just Have A Good Vision !!!

I've Seen Several Photos Of Xperia Z... And The Result Is Simply Disappointing !

Lumia 920 PureView LITE After Update (PR 1.1) Has Infinitely Superior Picture Quality To "Mediocre" Xperia T And Xperia V... Already In Relation To Xperia Z Superiority Is Also Clear !

P.S: I Await a Response Based On Technology Please Avoid Fanaticism And Predictions !!!
[ This Message was edited by: Guarulhos on 2013-01-27 06:21 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 06:44
Whatever Guarulhos. I don't want to argue with you, as I cannot even understand what you post. Nobody else understands what you say either, I'm certain.

Wait for professional reviews before criticizing the Z camera.

And yeah even though you have been told this many times, let me try one more time.

PLEASE STOP USING BOLD letters in ever post. It's irritating
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-27 05:47 ]
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 07:05

On 2013-01-27 06:44:38, randomuser wrote:
Whatever Guarulhos. I don't want to argue with you, as I cannot even understand what you post. Nobody else understands what you say either, I'm certain.

Wait for professional reviews before criticizing the Z camera.

And yeah even though you have been told this many times, let me try one more time.

PLEASE STOP USING BOLD letters in ever post. It's irritating
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-27 05:47 ]

You Do Not Know What I Wanted To Write Or Not Has Knowledge Technological To Contradict What I Said ?

P.S: No Need To Wait For Nothing, Yeah I Know Exactly What You Can Do And Offer The Cameras Xperia Z And Lumia 920 PureView LITE !!!

So Simple... Peace For All !!!
[ This Message was edited by: Guarulhos on 2013-01-27 06:29 ]
serge327
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 09:40

On 2013-01-27 06:22:10, Guarulhos wrote:

@Guarulhos

1º Optical Assembly:

Xperia Z
(Sony IU134F9-Z Wide Angle 28mm, 4 Elements, 4 Groups All Of Plastic And f/2.4) !

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar Wide Angle 26mm, 5 Elements, 1 Group All Lens Surfaces Are Aspherical And f/2.0) !

Final Verdict: Victory Of Lumia 920 PureView LITE (Biggest Opening Focal, Increased Field Of View, Greater Depth Of Field And Best Quality Of Material Comprising The Optical Assembly) !

2º Image Sensor:

Xperia Z

Lumia 920 PureView LITE

Final Verdict: Victory Of Lumia 920 PureView LITE (Bigger And Better Image Sensor) !

3º Pixel Size:

Xperia Z
(1.12 Microns)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(1.4 Microns)

4º Image Stabilization:

Xperia Z
(Digital)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE

Final Verdict: Victory Of Lumia 920 PureView LITE (Better Image Stabilization) !

Xperia Z

Lumia 920 PureView LITE

Xperia Z
(Sony Image Processing)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(Nokia Image Processing)

Final Verdict: Victory Of Lumia 920 PureView LITE (Better Picture Post Processing) !

Now You Know It All, How A Cameraphone Can Be Better Than The Other If He Has Worst Optical Assembly, Image Sensor, Pixel Size, Image Stabilization, Led Integrated And Picture Post Processing ??? Answer: Because You're a Sony Fan ?

I've Seen Several Photos Of Xperia Z... And The Result Is Simply Disappointing !

Lumia 920 PureView LITE After Update (PR 1.1) Has Infinitely Superior Picture Quality To "Mediocre" Xperia T And Xperia V... Already In Relation To Xperia Z Superiority Is Also Clear !

P.S: I Await a Response Based On Technology Please Avoid Fanaticism And Predictions !!!

Based on your reviews, the winner is Nokia. so, the point? Nokia will paying to you for this advertising that come out from you? Just buy what you like. If want good camera just to get DSLR, but honestly, The xperia Z really attract me with it Design, CPU, Camera, Screen. Look So Premium. *Sorry for my bad english*
[ This Message was edited by: serge327 on 2013-01-27 16:50 ]
tapas123
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 10:57
^^^Wow what an explanation but didn't understand a word of it it's like Chinese to me
whatever he wrote i hope it's in favor of Z as he's writing in Xperia Z's thread
[ This Message was edited by: tapas123 on 2013-01-27 10:09 ]
bart1988
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 12:42

On 2013-01-27 06:22:10, Guarulhos wrote:

@Guarulhos

1º Optical Assembly:

Xperia Z

Lumia 920 PureView LITE

2º Image Sensor:

Xperia Z

Lumia 920 PureView LITE

3º Pixel Size:

Xperia Z
(1.12 Microns)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(1.4 Microns)

4º Image Stabilization:

Xperia Z
(Digital)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE

Xperia Z

Lumia 920 PureView LITE

Xperia Z
(Sony Image Processing)

Lumia 920 PureView LITE
(Nokia Image Processing)

You say the xperia z has a plastic lens, as if the nokia doesn’t. All smartphone camera’s have plastic lenses. And I think the focal ratio is 2.2 instead of 2.4. Also you can’t compare pixel sizes like that. I’m not sure but I think they also count the circuit of the pixel into the pixel size. And because the circuitry of the sony exmor rs sensor is moved to the back, the pixel size is smaller. But the surface where the light falls on it, is the same. Sony said the exmor rs sensor captures 30% more light.
So it’s best to wait for camera comparisons. The only advantage the nokia has is it’s optical image stability. But the xperia z has a lot of others features that makes it better. Also the xperia camera software has a lot more settings to tweak your image.
Also, you say the nokia captures the best low light images. But have you considered the fact that the xperia z captures the best good light conditions? HDR is something that makes a big difference in video’s. You’re only comparing the things the nokia MIGHT excel at.

randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 12:48

On 2013-01-27 10:57:42, tapas123 wrote:
^^^Wow what an explanation but didn't understand a word of it it's like Chinese to me
whatever he wrote i hope it's in favor of Z as he's writing in Xperia Z's thread
[ This Message was edited by: tapas123 on 2013-01-27 10:09 ]

LOL tapas, he wrote AGAINST Z
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-27 13:55
After the Lumia 920 update to fix daytime image blur it is still pretty blurry in parts of the shots. The Xperia T which I have is crisp throughout the shot. Also Carl Zeiss lenses are not that special imo not compared to other brands of.lenses. Am not knocking Nokia but the 920 is not as good as it should have been.
Phone?? What phone??
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-01-27 14:57

On 2013-01-27 04:03:04, Karun wrote:
via zomgbbqftw:

Z - Europe and Japan in Feb, Asia in
early March, India in March, NA in
March
ZL - Europe and Japan N/A (possibly